• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Screenies!!! (coming soon)

Started by Xifanie, October 08, 2007, 08:23:02 am

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 08:23:02 am Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 10:53:11 am by Xifanie
I'll create a full working Dejeon Spell that instantly turns the target into a chest (I don't want crystal abuse).

Any idea for new battles... or anything!?

Project Publicity. =o
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

karsten

October 08, 2007, 08:34:23 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"I'll create a full working Dejeon Spell that instantly turns the target into a chest (I don't want crystal abuse).

Any idea for new battles... or anything!?

Project Publicity. =o

wait where are the screens?

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 11:03:48 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
D'oh, I just noticed the title wasn't really appropriate.

Well, I'm currently compressing the file containing the spell quotes. Right now I'm at  ~70% of the original file size. that makes about 4k free character. =D

I also fixed the US version in this way:

Life is Short, bury! <Pause 1s> Steady Sword! <Pause 2s> <Auto Close Message Box>

Exactly like it was in the original JP version. They'll probably "fix" this too in the PSP version in any case.

I thought that while I was at it (creating a spell quote for Dejeon) I should do that too. I'm almost finished, and should upload it in a few hours.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

karsten

October 08, 2007, 11:18:50 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Zodiac"D'oh, I just noticed the title wasn't really appropriate.

Well, I'm currently compressing the file containing the spell quotes. Right now I'm at  ~70% of the original file size. that makes about 4k free character. =D

I also fixed the US version in this way:

Life is Short, bury! <Pause 1s> Steady Sword! <Pause 2s> <Auto Close Message Box>

Exactly like it was in the original JP version. They'll probably "fix" this too in the PSP version in any case.

I thought that while I was at it (creating a spell quote for Dejeon) I should do that too. I'm almost finished, and should upload it in a few hours.

on the psp version they fixed it by taking the spell quote away :D

anyway i like how you're going to fix it.

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 11:54:08 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Heh...it would suck getting hit by it =p

Why not a Zodiac battle where you face the Lucavi? Or at least a series of battles where you face them one after the other, toned up drastically?
Silver Noble

Argg0

October 08, 2007, 05:17:06 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
There is one on FFT PSP Co-OP, where you and a friend (each one with three units) fight against All Lucavi...

Been wondering, since we can change battle (by we I mean Zodiac...) why not make one rare battle be against all Zodiacs?

How many Zodiacs do we have? 7, 8 if we count Altima II.

We could change the Chocobo Battle on End (were we can fight against 8 Yellow Chocobos) to 8 Lucavi. It would be probably interesting... ^_^

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 05:54:44 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I always preferred seeing a Shrine Knight battle personally.

Vormav, Rofel, Kletian, Balk, Wiegraf, Meliadoul, Izlude.

All with Strong equips.

But I could give real thought battles for END of the like.

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 07:19:31 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Holllyyyyyyyyy

Making that damn Shrine Knight battle takes a while... hopefully the Lucavi battle will take me 15mins at most.

Well there are 4 battles at END

- Lucavi (All Lucavi except Zalbag, Altima form 1 only)
- Shrine Knights (Vormav, Rofel, Kletian, Balk, Wiegraf, Izlude, Meliadoul)
- Betrayers (Dycedarg, Zombie Zalbag, Gafgarion, Algus, ??????)
- Demonic Battle (3 Apandas, 3 Archaic Demon, 4 Ultima Demons, Balmafula)

Well I'm still not sure about that betrayers battle... it lacks units. If anyone has an idea, spit it out. Anyway I'm not very close to finishing this. :P

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 07:56:58 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
What are their jobs/equips/moves/abilities and status and stuff, for those who you did already?

Betrayers - some other suggestions

Dracula (Though you'd have to make up a skillset...Maybe White Aid with a sword?), Rudvich, Balmafula fits here too, Golgaros (don't think he has a unique portrait but meh) and or Gustav, Larg/Goltana, Delita (obviously), Funeral (More deceit than betrayal)

Yeah, some random ideas I thought up. Would be fun seeing these not-used in battle sprites, if they work well...and stuff

Any way of making text boxes and stuff? After you beat the Shrine Knights battle for the first time, maybe give you the option of recruiting Izlude? He seemed like the kind who would have joined you once he found out the truth, as Meliadoul did, and the plot reason could be same as Malaks, the stone revived him =p

Better put the Tiamat/Uribo/Porky battles elsewhere possibly?

And yeah, pretty cool how Ultima and Zodiac would no longer be missable =p

Ooh one more thing, is it possible to some day be able to upload your own sprite sheets to it? You could possibly "create" the rest of the zodiac demons, using the Espers of FFXII and Totema from FFT as a base =p
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 08:41:19 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yeah someday... I just have to find where it tells to load file with "x" name for "y" unit. For that I need a new Hex Editor... meh.

It may be possible to put message boxes and all in random battles. Whoever for the "first" time only requires a boolean in the RAM and the save file. And that would require a LOT of work.

Lucavi Battle
Altima (1)
Queklain
Velius
Zalera
Celia
Lede
Adramelk
Hasmalum
Elidibs
(I doubt I can give them ??? stats, plus they'll end up having 10x less HP/MP than usual, yet 7 lucavi with full speed is fucking dangerous)

Shrine Knight Battle

Vormav

Blood Suck
HP Restore
Defense UP
Move +2

Chaos Blade
Genji Shield
Grand Helmet
Robe of Lords
Feather Mantle

Rofel

White-Aid
MP Switch
Attack Up
Move MP Up

Kaiser Plate
Ragnarok
Genji Helmet
~
Bracer

Kletian

Starry Heaven
Blade Grasp
Non-Charge
Teleport II

Mace of Zeus
---
~
Wizard Outfit
Vanish Mantle

Balk

Phantom
Speed Save
Concentrate
Move +2

Blast Gun
~
Thief Hat
Secret Clothes
Sprint Shoes

Wiegraf

Dark Sword
Weapon Guard
Martial Arts
Fly

Defender
Venetian Shield
~
Maximillian
Reflect Ring

Izlude

Sword Spirit
Abandon
Secret Hunt
Jump +3

Excalibur
Escutcheon II
Circlet
Carabini Mail
~

Meliadoul

Destroy Sword
Dragon Spirit
Maintenance
Move +3

Save The Queen
~
Ribbon
Rubber Costume
Setiemson

Demonic Battle

Ultima Demon
Ultima Demon
Ultima Demon
Ultima Demon
Apanda
Apanda
Apanda
Archaic Demon
Archaic Demon
Archaic Demon

Balmafula

Warlock Summon
Ultimate Magic (still not sure about those 2)
MP Restore
Non-Charge
Move-MP Up

Whale Whisker
---
Ribbon
Robe of Lords
Chantage

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 08:54:01 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
What did you think of my Betrayal suggestions?

Non Charge could probably be best used for something else. What does Phantom include again? *checks*...would probably work better on Kletian than Balk. Or give him some other spells like Dimension Magic, Complete Magic (All Ultima), All Magic, anything really. Starry Heaven is cool but yeah...he seems like more of a heavy magic caster instead of a status inflicter. That sorta seems better on someone else. Rofel or Balk. And Balk doesn't really need Concentrate unless you give him some other skills, since the Gun ignores evasion. Wiegraf with fly seems a little silly but cool, and Izlude with SS looks decent.

How about making some other battles, like Hokuten (led by Larg, Zalbag, and Dycedarg) and Nanten (Goltana, Orlandu, and possibly Delita)

Maybe a Beoulve Family battle?

Just giving some ideas =p
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 09:08:14 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well, it gave me ideas but most of those unit's sprite sheet are incomplete.

I prefered Starry Heaven on Kletian mainly because your party could have all low faith... Maybe I should give him Truth?

I don't know what else to give back. In fact I thought Concentrate affected Leg Aim/Arm Aim and now I'm not sure anymore. :P

Vormav will really be a bitch when you get to him. Very high HP, HP restore, and even Blood Suck... ouch! XD

Beoulve vs Nanten? =o

4 chars
Ramza
Dycedarg (guest)
Zalbag (guest)
Alma (guest)

VS
Delita King
Balmafula
Orlandu
Olan
4 Generics with High level skills (No invite isn't a problem)

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 09:22:46 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
I meant more like fighting the two separately, but that can be done too. Your idea does seem pretty cool.

And yeah, Truth would be decent if it had the area restrictions I think Phil put into the latest patch...Either Auto-Faith or give him a Faith Rod...unless that's what Mace Of Zeus does, don't remember anymore. With a Faith Rod, you could just give him Un-Truth - the Faith status makes it as though he has no Faith, and your low Faith would make it deal top damage. Else, you could work in a blank skillset for him and add in a few moves from different places?

It would be like a double edged sword - if you're trying to take him down with magic, his magic will simply do a LOT more damage back to you. You could also try him as a support unit if you're worried about people trying him with Low Faith - if he can't do a lot of damage to you, he might opt to Haste his fellow Shrine Knights or something to that extent. Imagine a Hasted Vormav =O

For that, you could just modify Haste and Wall and some other things into one of those skillsets, maybe even Yell, or something to that extent. Don't want some people thinking having low Faith will make him weak now, do we?

Concentrate does affect those two Aim abilities, but it's semi easy to stop, as you could wear the Hat (forget which) to disable both statuses. Blast Gun would take a simple Rubber Shoes or something like that to make worthless. Is there a way to give him Stone Gun without having the Initial Petrify kick in? Maybe give him a textbox at the beginning of the battle, sort of how like if Ramza is dead but he has to talk, he becomes revived with 1 HP? Might also work to take off the Petrify status, so he can move and face Ramza or whoever he's talking to?

Hmm...this will be so cool when it's finally done =D
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 09:30:51 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Right now no... That's why I gave him the Blast Gun. Anyway all guns are easy to cancel their effects (Blaze/Glacier/Blast).

The thing is that combined, they have so much options that's it's impossible to defend against everything. Rubber Shoes = no protection vs Blood Suck (and Vormav has high move).

I gave Kletian 95 Faith so there's no need for a faith Rod.

I don't want to modify skillsets or anything for this. I want it to be self-dependant and that it can work with a normal game or FFT v1.2.

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 09:33:06 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Heh okay, sounds nice. With Innate Faith though, UnTruth would have been the perfect counter for a low faith party. If high faith, use main skillset. If low, UnTruth. Whatever though, your choice.

I still think Phantom looks off on Balk though, summons and the like aren't really something he'd find useful
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 09:37:11 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Ruber Shoes/Costume + Thief hat = useless balk

Then what do you suggest as his secondary? He's highly likely to need one.

Well I could give him battle skill, but damn look at all those Divine Knights...

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 09:50:29 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Yeah...now that I think about it, Starry Heaven would just be redundant with his Snipe skills.

Dunno...couldn't think of anything else.

Is it at all possible to set his secondary to Mime, that way he mimes but still has his normal skillset? That would be fun if it was possible

For other movesets, I'd have suggested Destroy Sword as a better Battle Skill for stats, but then realized he doesn't have a sword
Silver Noble

Xifanie

October 08, 2007, 09:59:29 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Yeah but what would he mime? -_-'

All special abilities cannot be mimed.

Chrona

October 08, 2007, 10:05:53 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Chrona
Oh right...damnit

Maybe the Bio series of the Apanda?

Only other thing would be that Destroy Sword, which Mel already has
Silver Noble

Argg0

October 08, 2007, 11:42:24 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Argg0
Give Faith for Kletian and Un-Truth.

Then say good bye to the 03 Fa guys.

For Balk... If it was possible to start without being Petrified...

Well, Maybe you could give him Stone Gun and put Rofel near him, so that he would use Esuna.

As for secondary... Item and Throw Item Support. Elixirs flying? PD Flying? Hell yeah!