• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:01:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How replacing custom character animations in EVTCHR.bin?

Started by MisogiSatsu805, November 21, 2015, 03:00:42 am

MisogiSatsu805

I already replacing custom character sprite and portraits but my problem is replacing custom character animation in EVTCHR.bin.I very frustrating and confuse on how to replace and also what is exactly find this sprite animation.Anyways here's the custom character sprite I want to replace:

Gaffgarion(Replace Cecil Dark Knight), Agrias Oaks(Replace NEWAGURI), Original Ramza chapter 4(Replace Ramza [Cape]), Male Monk(Replace Warrior Male Spikey) and Cloud Strife(Replace Advent Children Version of Cloud)and I play both PSX and PSP Version

theultrawolf

EVTCHRs are the sprites that appear during events, when a character uses a pose that doesn't exist within the main spritesheet for that character.
If you're trying to replace those in the EVTCHR.bin, you would want to open up EVTCHRview, export the sheets with the EVTCHRs you want to replace, open a graphics editing program like GraphicsGale, (It's free) open up the sheets for the sprites you want to add to the EVTCHR sheet, use a lasso tool or selection (whichever's easier) paste into the EVTCHR spritesheet, and then add the custom pose from there (use an unedited version of the EVTCHR sheet as reference) You're going to have to sprite yourself either way, if not you can request that someone do it for you in the sprite request thread, but as I've said, there's no guarantees of anything if you choose to do that.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

MisogiSatsu805

ah so that means the sprite posing exist in EVTCHR.bin must drawing a posing character then paste it and import?! :(.BTW what is lasso tool and is it ok Do I requesting Sprite Animation!?If so Then I try and I know their not guarantee granted request I'm aware that early.

theultrawolf

Well, you're gonna want to have each pose be basically the same as the pose you're trying to replace, just with that new sprite. So that's when you're gonna have to do a bit of sprite work yourself, unless you can find someone who's willing to help you replace those EVTCHR frames. A lasso tool is something in graphics editing programs that you can use to make a free-selection of pixels around a selected object. It's better than say a box or circular selection because it's more accurate. And yeah, there really isn't any guarantee that people will help you with the spriting, but it's at least worth a try :) My recommendation would be to look around in the Spriting section for tutorials, you're bound to find what you're looking for.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL