• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:12:45 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Okay, this is ridiculous

Started by theultrawolf, November 19, 2015, 04:58:03 am

theultrawolf

November 19, 2015, 04:58:03 am Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:41:56 am by theultrawolf
So it turns out it's NOT in fact the PSP emulation at all that's doing it - I'm running my patch on psXFin and each time I go into END, either Delita Chapter 1 or a ??? Hydra that are present on the map seem to trigger a long string of illegal physical address/opcode glitches which freeze emulation, similar to the problem the PSP had.

Over and over I keep getting:
translate_address: illegal physical address 05ec15e8
followed by
r3000: executed illegal opcode bfc02950
bfc02af0
bfc02b10
bfc02240
bfc0227c
bfc03190
bfc03200
etc, etc, etc. etc.
And it just hangs.
Is this due to ASM or what do you think could be the cause? This is very annoying and putting a huge cramp on me being able to test patch results.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

No idea, I don't suspect something else than ASM though, if it crashes pSX.
I did some searching, and one of your hacks ends up at memory location 0x80000228... which really doesn't tell us anything.

Usually the best way to go at it is gradually patch things and test until you find the culprit. But it would most likely be a conflict, so the first thing you should do is use Choto's conflict checker with all the hacks you are using in the same folder.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

theultrawolf

I'm thinking that too. This is the 5th time I've had to repatch the ISO, now working on the 6th.
Yeah it seems to trigger mostly when there's monsters on the map from what I've found. The good news is that the job wheel doesn't freeze anymore...
Thanks for that link! I'll post my results when I'm done if I haven't found the culprit.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL