• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:11:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New title image?

Started by philsov, April 16, 2010, 09:55:50 pm

Kagebunji

I like both versions, it is up to philsov.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Cheetah

2nd version for the win.
Current Projects:

Eternal

Definitely the second version. Good work!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Timbo

Go with the second version
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

I prefer the first one; less crowded.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Sephirot24

First one IMO. Awesome and simple.

Kagebunji

Second is better. More things are "going on" and that makes ir clearly awesome.

degrofm

Quote from: "Zodiac"I prefer the first one; less crowded.

Quote from: "Sephirot24"First one IMO. Awesome and simple.

This. Simpler is better, I think, in this instance.

LastingDawn

I personally like the second one, seems a little crisper to me for some reason. (Though that's likely because it's not in-game yet).
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

Ooh tough call, but I'd probably go with the first one for simplicity's sake.

Also, would it be possible to decrease the tracking between the letters for ASM'd? Right now it's a bit much...

Dormin Jake

I'd like the first, simpler version better, especially if you were to further obscure the faces of Dyce and Zalbag, putting the focus entirely on Ramza and Delita.

They're the important characters, anyway.
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

jimmyjw88

I like both but I would go for first one because it looks more epic as it focuses on Dycedarg vs Zalbag, Delita vs Ramza.

Great job, Mike. Great job.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"I like both but I would go for first one because it looks more epic as it focuses on Dycedarg vs Zalbag, Delita vs Ramza.

Great job, Mike. Great job.

Except neither of those are the real plot of the story.  I'd rather see all of the characters or Ramza v. Vormav or Ramza v. Ajora.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

LastingDawn

Ramza vs Delita is a main focus of the story. The two are linked in many ways. The way they go about things are complete opposites of one another. Though I do have to agree that Dycedarg vs. Zalbag is not that much of a focal point.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Lijj

I like the squire on chocobo. Best art IMO... That backround looks lame though. If it were just tan it'd be better.

formerdeathcorps

Ramza v. Delita is a point of contrast; the two never actively opposed each other, nor do I think Ramza or Delita would have attempted an armed confrontation, assuming both survived the Lion War.

The plot was much more involved in Ramza v. Vormav or Ajora
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "formerdeathcorps"Ramza v. Delita is a point of contrast; the two never actively opposed each other, nor do I think Ramza or Delita would have attempted an armed confrontation, assuming both survived the Lion War.

The plot was much more involved in Ramza v. Vormav or Ajora

They're not actively opposing each other in that image.  They're in mirrored stances, with swords crossed more like disheartened allies than enemies.  

If anything, the image is displaying contrast due to their facial expressions - Delita has the confident look on his face that he exhumes most of the game, the pauper gone king, climbing impossible ranks and achieving impossible dreams, whereas Ramza has his eyes turned down, fighting battles he doesn't want part in and killing those he doesn't want to end the lives of for far simpler goals than Delita and guided by his fairly naive conscience, though their ends are ultimately the same on a basic level.

The "plot" is involved in Ramza v. Vormav then Ajora because those are the means he needs to achieve his ends, both in saving Alma and trying to help Ivalice.

TL;DR use the focused one.  I love the one with all the characters as well but unless something's done story-wise, the focused one seems far more relevant to the actual game.

jimmyjw88

Well, though Dycedarg and Zalbag isn't much of a focal point, still, it looks epic seeing them as such.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.