• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Doing kind of an interesting LP of FFT: WotL, thought I'd share with you guys!

Started by ArkthePieKing, February 07, 2016, 02:13:11 am

ArkthePieKing

Yeah, that wasn't my best work. I was really, really tired when I recorded that and I ended up making a ton of little errors. The problem is the only real time I have to record is right after I wake up and before I go to work because of my schedule. But I'll make sure not to have another video like that. I'd honestly say that was probably the worst video I've made in the last year.

And apparently this wasn't my best work either! I lent my mic to a friend because he's auditioning for a voice acting role, and apparently he turned the gain on my mic waaaaay down and I didn't realize it. So when I recorded this video it didn't pick my voice up at all. Luckily I saved in another file and still have the original. I'll rerecord Zeirchele Falls tomorrow, though I suspect it won't go quite as smoothly. Delita got 2 instant kills and Agrias had stopped one of the knights, but we'll see how it turns out.

ArkthePieKing

Goodness it's been a while. There have been a ton of technical difficulties on my end as well as some personal issues that have kept me from doing anything of any significance, but it's finally up!

[youtube]CnMcg9gxUAA[youtube]

I was so frustrated by this one! It's not a hard fight but there were a lot of factors that just caused it to drag on way longer than it should have. So many freak accidents from random stops to weapon breaks to enemies healing to just flat out running to the far corner of the map. That should have been a short map, and it wasn't!

LastingDawn

7:04 The original translation made no sense here. Delita says "Are your brothers still ruling your life?" Ramza responds with "Who knows? They don't tell me anything!" When it's pretty clear now that he had nothing to do with his family after he joined Gafgarion's group, even if Gafgarion was working for Dycedarg secretly.

11:56 That's some pretty interesting insight into Ramza's character. My favorite character moments of the game are Gafgarion and Ramza. I love how Gafgarion continues to try and make Ramza look at the world with a more critical (and cynical) eye. It seems clear that the two bonded over the course of their time together and Gafgarion, in his own way, cares about Ramza. The relationship doesn't seem reciprocal though. Ramza never tries to really understand Gafgarion and doesn't look past Gafgarion's actions at Zirekile.

Honestly, while I love Zirekile this is one of the few spots that the plot skips a beat. Why is Gafgarion planning on "killing" the Princess here, but is later given instructions to take her back to Igros? Especially since Agrias does later (At Golgorand, if you bring her) ask "What are you planning to do with the Princess?" And Gafgarion responds "My mission is to take her back to Igros, after that I cannot say." And the tone presented seems to be a certain lack of surety on Gafgarion's part.

I love the cutscenes in War of the Lions and I really wish there were a few more (at least 3 per chapter. Chapter 2 gets three after all. Well, technically). That piano theme of Delita's Theme fits so much better than "Zalbag's Theme" which is more or less meant to show comradarie throughout the game. After playing the game though it's so obvious how Delita is playing them all like a fiddle. Delita specifically mentions not to take her to Goltana because "He will offer up their heads in hopes of keeping his own." When that is Delita's end goal. I would love to know what would have happened had Ramza been a little more politically savvy and called him on that.

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Reks

Well, I now have a LP to avidly watch, even if I lack insighr to put forth with it.

Nonetheless, superb work even with such limitations.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

ArkthePieKing

First off, Reks I'm so sorry to have stopped updating right after you just subscribed and gave me such high praise. It's really appreciated and I feel like a heel.

Secondly, I've got really good news, and really bad news. The really good news is my grueling overtime at work is finally on hold after 12 straight weeks of it, which means more free time to do the things I love. I'm going to be getting back to this. However, this leads me directly into my bad news. My computer has started restarting whenever I do anything graphically intensive, and by 'graphically intensive' I mean League of Legends. I haven't tried it with PPSSPP yet, but I'm worried that it'll still explode when combined with my recording software. So I'll be attempting another video at some point this week, but I don't really have high hopes for it surviving the attempt. Thanks very much for your patience with all this. Your support has seriously meant the world to me. I'm used to putting out my videos and getting silence in return. Feedback, especially positive feedback, has just been incredible.

Reks

Quote from: ArkthePieKing on April 26, 2016, 03:40:42 am
First off, Reks I'm so sorry to have stopped updating right after you just subscribed and gave me such high praise. It's really appreciated and I feel like a heel.

Secondly, I've got really good news, and really bad news. The really good news is my grueling overtime at work is finally on hold after 12 straight weeks of it, which means more free time to do the things I love. I'm going to be getting back to this. However, this leads me directly into my bad news. My computer has started restarting whenever I do anything graphically intensive, and by 'graphically intensive' I mean League of Legends. I haven't tried it with PPSSPP yet, but I'm worried that it'll still explode when combined with my recording software. So I'll be attempting another video at some point this week, but I don't really have high hopes for it surviving the attempt. Thanks very much for your patience with all this. Your support has seriously meant the world to me. I'm used to putting out my videos and getting silence in return. Feedback, especially positive feedback, has just been incredible.

Not a problem!

My own are much the same: mostly for friends and thus direct feedback

I really am looking forward to more, and no worries, I know how full-time/overtime feels when you wanna do stuff
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

3lric

Quote from: ArkthePieKing on April 26, 2016, 03:40:42 am

Hey man, this issue is normally caused by one of two things.

1) You're power supply is going out. Either it is old and is dying out, or something is drawing to much power and exceeding it's maximum wattage, perhaps your GPU uses a larger amount than what your PSU can handle? Always a good idea to check this.

2) You're motherboard is crapping out, well, not exactly the motherboard itself, but rather one of the capacitors on it. If you open the PC and look around the CPU as well as where your PSU plugs in to the board, you may see one of the capacitors (looks like a black cylinder and silver on top usually) starting to bulge a bit, or even bubble or start to ooze in the worst case. If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can grab a capacitor off an old PC and swap em out, or you can buy new ones online fairly cheap.

There are other things that can cause this same issue, but majority of the time, it's going to be related to the PSU (if it was something like the CPU, you'd be more likely to just cycle startup over and over without ever actually getting into windows)

I've had to fix quite a few PCs that have come to me with similar issues, feel free to PM me if you have any questions on anything I said above.
  • Modding version: PSX