• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:54:06 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Usable Attack.out space

Started by CONMAN, July 06, 2015, 12:00:12 pm

CONMAN

I was wanting to play around and create a couple of side quest and started to compare the space in attack.out with events in evsp.  I searched the forum and found comments regarding an issue, but didn't quite have full clarity on it. 

Namely,  that attack.out jumps from 18E/18F underground limberry straight to the tutorial.  Easyvent editor shows the random battle template, one free space, game over event, then 6 free events and finally the tutorial events.  (The numbering between these two editors go off the rails at this point.)  Should I assume these 6/7 events are unusable? (or can be meddled with in a different manner). 

I have heard that the spaces at the end of the attack.out (1E0 to 1F3) are unusable as well. (related to the 10 empty space at the end of EVSP?) 

On a related note- the tutorials themselves are un-editable correct? In the FFT-Lion War thread Elric mentions this and I was curious.

Currently, I am under the impression that the best (only?) way to make space for things is to start fusing events with their own setup events.  I would probably start with the regular side quest as that sounds like it would require the least restructuring.  Or at least I would think because they have their own variables and don't up the story progress variable....
  • Modding version: PSX

Jumza

The only question I can answer there is that the Tutorial is not editable at this point, and you should just stay away from it completely :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

3lric

July 06, 2015, 10:52:46 pm #2 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:52:00 am by Elric
At a certain point in Xif attack.out GUI the numbers go from +1 (since the editor is off by 1) to +10 due to some event space that was unusable but not accounted for. This was fixed in Ravens editor. I can make you a attack.out dump to use in Ravens editor if you post your attack.out here. Also when I get off work I'll let you know exactly what spaces it was that are not usable.

3lric

Sorry it look so long CONMAN, here is that list

GUI ID  ->   ACTUAL SLOT ID

18B      ->  18C
18C      ->  18D
18D      ->  18E
18E      ->  18F
18F      ->  19A
190      ->  19B
191      ->  19C
192      ->  19D
193      ->  19E
194      ->  19F
195      ->  1A0
196      ->  1A1
197      ->  1A2
198      ->  1A3
199      ->  1A4
19A      ->  1A5
19B      ->  1A6
19C      ->  1A7
19D      ->  1A8
19E      ->  1A9

In the first blue line, you can see a jump of 11 slots, these slots are unusable, and the rest of the blue ones are the tutorial, which are also unusable. The rest should be okay

CONMAN

Thanks a bunch for sorting that out Elric!