• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Celdia's Sprite Swaps

Started by Celdia, February 21, 2011, 02:29:07 am

Choto

I like it, the 2nd and 3rd color palette makes her look more monstery, in the first her skin tone looks a bit normal. I haven't touched portraits at all yet, but I would think making her look a little more insane in the portrait would do well. Moreover, I feel like she'd have a pretty good niche as a monster. Any vampiric monster makes blood suck actually make sense.

Kagebunji

I should have reworked Rydia some time ago by now. If I ever get the chance I will rework her and give it to you for CCP, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Celdia

Just ignore how long this has been dead for. I am a necromancer of incredible power.

So with all of the recent activity in Spriting, I got a moment of wild inspiration and felt like stealing something to make a sprite to go with my avatar. Poked around for a bit, tried a couple of headswaps, nothing really panned out at first. Then I came around to Kage's and Twin's 'Lysay' sprite and decided to try a palette swap on her and I really liked how it came out. There isn't more than a handful of pixels changed here and there to bring up the front of her top to neck level to reflect how it looks in the portrait. I also clipped the elf ears from the port since I just didn't like how it was coming out with them on the sprite. I had to make a bit of a compromise with the dark shadow color I was using but I don't think it came out too bad overall.

Also a couple other versions with brighter colors for the blues that really stand out more than they should for an FFT sprite, but I thought I'd include them anyways.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

:O very nice! Do you mind if I use it in Jot5? Makes good nightime towns
people for background stuff in events :D

Celdia

Of course I don't mind. Anything I've ever posted in this thread is free for people to use as they like. I'm amused that I might make a background cameo in Jot5. :P

Atma

Love the hair colour.  Are you planning to make it look like Teiris?  It would be sweet to get some Dragon Force characters made.  Junon is my fave ^.^
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Choto

Celdia

@Atma: As much as I would love to see some proper DF heroes up in this, I am in no way skilled or motivated to make them myself.

And yes, the Black Death Mask is an amazing character. First one I actually played through the game to completion as.

Twinees

(Just wanted to say that I made an extremely minor edit to the portrait of the original Lysay sprite, so Mr. Bunji really deserves all the credit)
(Also great palette choices, love the green, white and teal combo)

Celdia

Thank you from chiming in, Twin. Always nice to get more feedback. I was actually a little hesitant about the green but nothing else fit even half as well.

Kagebunji

Imdeed, it's a nice palette swap. Lysay was easy to swap cause she uses alll the colors separately IIRC, whites, black reds, hair, nothing is shared. Only thing I would change is the green you used for the eyes, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it should be either changed to usual black that eyes use, or at least made darker, cause it's kinda bright, when I looked closer in. Good work on this :)

Celdia

The darkest green getting used in a few places it really would be better off as something else is the compromise I made to try and keep this at 16 colors. If you poke around Lysay, you'll notice that the only thing to share colors with the hair tones were skin and the belt. Not the dress. Trying to rig things up so that hair and dress shared colors was more than a little frustrating (but arguably easier than the headswaps I had been toying with before I chose this route.) That green is the closest thing I've got to a non-transparent black on the sheet and it's running double duty in a few spots like that. When I tried making it darker it made other spots look worse to me.

She was a nice sprite to work from but you know me and my cries of "I'm not a spriter." This is about the best I can manage. :P

Seushiro

Although some may not want it a bit bright cause in game needs to be desaturated I am liking the midtone palettes and even tested it in game :)

Kagebunji

Yeah I feared you may used the greens, but I thought it wasn't shared, guess my memory fails me, haha. It's understandable then. It's looking great anyway.

Luiakyn

Quote from: Celdia on February 27, 2011, 11:28:17 am
Okay, took the fixes Kage made and ran with them some. Also tried to throw in some new palettes though I'm actually not too keen on the gold palette as it is.

3 years late -- she looks adorable : D Erm, I mean fierce >.>

Celdia

Quote from: Luiakyn on March 24, 2014, 09:05:52 pm
3 years late -- she looks adorable : D Erm, I mean fierce >.>

Thank you, Luiakyn. Even late, kind words are always welcome. ^_^