• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:25:51 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Celdia

Yup. Sure looks like Ramza in a silly helmet with a mask on his face alright. I'm trying to ignore the lack of a new palette like you suggested but you went through all the trouble of telling us what it will look like instead of just showing us though, so that's turning out to be a little difficult. In fact, since its just a two-piece headswap, there's really nothing else to focus on except how little has been done here. How about actually applying those palette changes so everyone's minds don't immediately think 'Buttpants Ramza" and then post something? Right now its just another uninspired, boring and unneeded Ramza sprite. May as well be a 50th Holy Knight Ramza sprite at this point for all the originality in it.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Vanya

It's the butt pants that give him away.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Jon

Possible Paladin Cecil...maybe I should use Delita's hair...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Twinees

Doesnt resemble Cecil that much to me, keep working on the hair and body. If you want to get as much likeness as possible, you are going to need to custom everything except maybe gloves and boots.
Keep working on it

Kagebunji

This is Cecil.

Lijj

Die tree! lol that avatar is cute. and yeah the only reason that could pass as Cecil is if you call it Cecil. Looks nothing like him.

jimmyjw88

Sorry Jon, but that looks nothing like Cecil at all. Either is you continue with Smash's concept (which I highly doubt anyone here could except Twinees or Kage), OR simplify Smash's concept that you're comfortable with and still resemble Cecil.
Good Luck.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Reks

Off-topic: Celdia's avi keeps cracking me up

On-topic: Even though it doesn't look enough like Cecil to be Cecil, it's still interesting. Maybe you could do something else with it?
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Celdia

I look at this latest offering and I notice something. This thread was started over three years ago now. Three years ago the first offering here was a single frame of something that had already been done better by other people. Three years ago Jon brought us effectively the same sort of thing. Something of sub-par quality that had already been done by more talented people. Out of morbid curiosity I went to check the custom sprite page for completed sheets from Jon and I found one decent [if flawed - check the death frames] sprite among the set and the notes on it give credit to four other spriters including the portrait being Smash's work entirely, which I think explains why it came out as good as it did.

In three years time, nothing has changed.

Keep up the good work, Jon. Also, the next time you want to showcase something like this just post it in here instead of starting a new thread. It'll save a mod the time of having to clean up after you again.

Nothing else specific to say about the sprite frame because everyone else already said what I was thinking.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

ChimpMaster

Goodbye

Jon

Yeah, Smash's Dissidia version of Cecil is unbeatable. Maybe I should use that as a base...Sorry you guys didn't like it. I really like Smash's but what about the original from FF IV? Like this:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

MiKeMiTchi

Still, you must consider that FFT sprites do not have the same style as FF IV's. Since FFT sprites are larger than FFIV's, more details and colors can be drawn thus making the sprite look similar to its respective portrait, unlike old school 8-bit RPGs. It's not about being consistent with the original, but it's more  about how to make the original consistent with FFT's sprite style.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

ZackFair0928

hey master jon did you finished zack fair's sprite?it will gonna be real COOL if you finish it.please finish it :) ty