• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:25:43 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unit and Wildface Confusion also adding skills to unknowns

Started by Losdark, August 26, 2014, 05:34:41 pm

Losdark

So i've only just started sprite hacking today, and upon successfully replacing the Sprites for Cloud i wanted to add some more characters (Replacing Elmdor for Sephiroth and some of the random non used jobs into Vincent etc.) However on FFTEVGRP, Slot 10 (the black girl with pigtails) has no matching WLDface as slot 10 is Tetra. I've searched through guides on this site for a good 4 hours but i just don't get how i'm supposed to get around this and also add jobs/skills to the character once i do. Can any of you please tell or point me to a guide that will make this crystal clear? Also i have literally no hex editing skills is this going to be a major problem? Should i just quit while i'm behind? Any help given would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Jumza

Fun fact: putting Teta / Teitra into your party via hacking would show you that the girl with black pigtails is tetas formation screen sprite.

Since Teta is never in your party, feel free to overwrite the girl with pig tails, and tetas corresponding face pic with whatever!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Losdark

Ah, Excellent! Thanks very much for the info and the quick reply.

Edit: So i replaced the Sprite for "Male Squire" at slot 5B in ShiShi for Vincent sprite am i correct in thinking that i have to alter something in FFTPatcher? I went to section 188 in ENTD because i recall someone saying that Rad is free to change after the prologue however i cant seem to find the squire who's Sprite sheet i changed in the drop down box can anyone please point out where i've gone wrong?

Edit 2: Problem solved! Big thank you to Jon for his guide and to Robain for reposting the link to it.