• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:34:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: Kokojo on May 31, 2011, 12:24:32 pm
Bigger aoe+hit allies.

I tought about that
To balance them, I'd have to make them slow as fuck, and, at higher levels, slow = Shit
But thanks for the suggestion, boss <3

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MysticKnightFF5

I actually like Dome's idea of making it Hit All, rather than huge AoE. I mean, the animations even suggest Hit All. :\
However, instead of making it one of each element, keep the summons and change up CT/Damage for balance.

Shade

Wait a sec... didn't I have my own patch where I set so summons hit all enemies(vice versa on healing effects)?
well damm I do have.

So want to look dome?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Aaron

I really like this so far =o I'm thinking of Downloading it once it's finished I enjoy playing 1.3 but it does make me wanna yank my hair out when Archers Rape me in the beginning,I look forward to your patch =D and the change's you make in it hope to see it finished soon.

I'm good at playing Tactic's just not a pro so I guess Im in the middle of Newbie and Pro =/ so probably why i get owned so much lol.

Anyways Keep up the awesome work and cant wait till the full release =D

Augestein

I like the idea of them hitting everything on the field. Huge AOEs simply scream abuse absorption, and would make it hideously overpowered for healing and enemy damage.

Shade

Quote from: Augestein on June 02, 2011, 03:35:13 am
I like the idea of them hitting everything on the field. Huge AOEs simply scream abuse absorption, and would make it hideously overpowered for healing and enemy damage.

We are talking about hit all enemies(or hit all allies), so not hit all(enemies and allies).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Dome

My idea was to make them hit only enemies
With some clever elemental absorb, otherwise, they would become UBERBROKEN!

Dome

This has to do with the fact that Balmafula spire got replaced with the female onion knight...
I checked everything in the FFPatcher and everything is flagged just fine...I'll have to learn how to event edit...

Shade

Quote from: Dome on June 02, 2011, 11:58:28 am
This has to do with the fact that Balmafula spire got replaced with the female onion knight...
I checked everything in the FFPatcher and everything is flagged just fine...I'll have to learn how to event edit...

It's the event sprites, they don't change as you change other the normal sprites.
Also Crystal armor doesnt stop petrify. I looked from patcher and it's item attributes are nothing.
I think I am going to change that for my self, cause I am not intrested going to limberry without that immunity in that armor.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

efrate

Olan really didn't age well.

Nope not at all

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

efrate

Closing thoughts.  I decided to abandon the DD since you haven't touched it pretty much and finish the game, since I am Alpha testing an Ogre battle hack (check my youtube, you're subscribed), and want to potentially start another patch.  If only mercenaries was done...

The end series of battles was a bit pf a disappointment.  For once I didn't go all klepto but I steamrolled pretty much everything until 1v1 versus Vormav, when I just had to change 2 abilities and equip a slightly higher HP armor.  Then Hashy came.  Damn.  Well, I know how to fight regulataora but I had to restart about 3 or 4 times because I kept hitting confirm before I was ready, and missing getting magic rings on people. 

Also, not sure if intentional or not, but all he did once I drained his MP was spell ramza and occasionally wack with his fists.  Does his holocost cost MP?  Cause I drained him to protect versus meteor, and then magic broke him a few times, but he just kept spelling ramza and sometimes physically attacking.  He wasn't difficult, the all star duo of thunder rod Rafa and Cloud took him down eventually.  I could occasionally get a single panel truth and smack him like 4 or 5 times, and at 377 a pop thats huge, negates not only the move HP up but also the damage split (you evil man you) from cloud's climhazard. 

Altima first form was annoying because she landed a zombie on Radd, and he died, came back, then died and crystalized.  Since cloud had taken over as the star he ate the soul.  Since nothing removes undead since the holy water is bugged, I couldn't do anything about it, though I had I think 3 people with item.    The demons were annoying but not knowing what to expect I left counter magic on and their ultimas, a meteorain and some rando-magic when then oblidgingly decided to bunch up took care of them.  Also the 672 damage chaos blade mid charge hits helped a bit. 

First form was annoying, but Alma shined here.  You give her non-charge?  She was firing spells like mad though she never cast holy.  Also she did not go for ramza first to mbarrier which I thought was odd, when she could have.  After that form, the second form came, and this took a while since mp switch/move MP up was annoying, but again, I eliminated magic power then her 112 a move wasnt much because if she charged something someone hit her and then if her reaction trigger she wasted a turn.  Cloud got 999 MP once when something was targetted on him that did like 790 damage, or would have. 

Overall, I really liked it.  More difficult than vanilla obviously, and maybe slighty easier than 1.3 easytype?  IDK I haven't touched easytype in ages.  The set equips for battle really makes it a lot more accessible and doesn't punish you if you get a level or 2 extra while doing propositions.  Or going back to buy spears/ninja blades.

I loved Radd, I am sad he died at the end, but oh well.  Cloud is a beast, I dunno if in 1.3 he is like that since I never got that far but damn is he awesome, I knew he was in zodiac fights, but thankfully he got short charge in his base class, and follow target on his limits hell fucking yes.  That was so annoying and made him virtually unplayable.  Also starting at party level helps a lot too. 

I still think mel needs retooling, and whatever onion knight had the higher faith I think I used once.  If you could fix mastery so it was an equip all ability as a secondary that would be the shit as well.  Monk with shield, hat, armor and an accessory?  Yaay!

Musty and boco seemed okay, I mostly used boco to resue musty and then used must while doing propositions in goug for the undead. 

I think having specials able to do promotions if you can use that ASM without screwing other stuff up would be great. 

Also, something needs to be done with Reis as we talked about earlier.  She could potentially be the only character in the entire game with martial arts, might make her useful, but with the growths balanced and her equips she was dead weight. 

efrate

Is it possible to actually summon a monster?  Like get a guest with an ability, but limit to only one at a time? 

Otherwise hit all like illusionist seems decent.  I rarely used summoners, preferring more physical classes and draw out.  Slow speed + mid charge + low HP = bad.  A hit all similar to meteorain would alleviate that. 

Dome

MysticKnightFF5

Due to sprite caps, that probably wouldn't work for the entirety of the first chapter (yay delite and algus), and many of the random battles pushes the envelope for sprite maxes. So, I'd assume no, but I suppose I could well be wrong.
There's also the problem of the only time somebody ever "enters" battle is the last fight against the Seraphim, when she changed forms, and the assassins, then they changed forms in the Elmdor fight.
(probably wrong on there, they may well be more instances)
The point is, that's hard coded stuff. I doubt we can mimic it to add guests, then the next problem would be turning them all into sprites, since the only one we currently have is Titan.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: MysticKnightFF5 on June 04, 2011, 09:12:07 pm
The point is, that's hard coded stuff. I doubt we can mimic it to add guests, then the next problem would be turning them all into sprites, since the only one we currently have is Titan.

Shouldnt be too terrible, many of them were given sprites in Revenant Wings, which is where Llyud, my (currently incomplete) cactite sprite, and the Titan sprite came from. Come to think of it, Kage was working on a Hashmal conversion from RW as well.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

efrate

Well as far as Chapter 1 and early chapter 2 when you're flooded with guests, just have summons be only usable when you have an item equipped, I believe Eternal does stuff similarly in his patch, and make those only available at say lionel onwards.  Again, barring sprite limitations. 

Or the illusionist type might be quite good or battle like 10 monk or 11 squid or whatever it was. 

Dome

Guys, still need suggestions for this one
Full list of monsters
Chocobos - Goblins - Bombs - Cats - Squids - Skeletons - Ghosts - Floating eyes - Birds - Pigs - Trees - Minotaurs - Morbols - Behemots - Dragons - Hydras

Hydras still need a place :-)

efrate

Dugola Pass: Dragon, Hydra, Minotaur

Peoksas Lake: Behometh, Ghost, Hydras with dark damage breath (Tiamats?) for healing. 

barius Hill, in addidtion to the demon. Have Pigs and something with good range, eyes maybe? 

barius Vallet: Squid, Morbol, and An Apanda?

Dome

Thanks again for the suggestions :-)

The list is completed...guys, do you have any suggestion/complain about it?

MysticKnightFF5

Does anybody here realize that an ecosystem with ALL predators ends in a broken ecosystem? Seriously, "dragons, hydras, minotaurs" would collapse on itself :\