• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mercenaries Randoms (Missions) 11/120

Started by LastingDawn, December 04, 2008, 01:16:23 pm

boomkick

January 30, 2009, 10:44:10 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
From FF7, i remembered that Ultimate Weapon (i think thats what it was called) could cast Shadow Flare. Maybe you could make a dragon change into a dark color and give him Shadow Flare. That would be so cool.

LastingDawn

February 01, 2009, 04:55:48 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "The Damned"I can't say that I agree with the whole "get into this hard to find random battle that you may not win and may not get hit with the actual ability as the only way to get your end abilties".

I mean, I understand that they should be harder to get than normal, but it seems like that's just unnecessary considering that Lasting Dawn already changed the Magic Ring to be a Materia Blade for these abilities and I'm guessing we won't get the Magic Ring just handed to us.

The only one that I would say should fit in would be Blue Magic's final ability, but considering that's the common Self-Destruct....

Also, aren't we only keeping this to Chapter 1 still?

It would help if Lasting Dawn updated this thread a bit when he has the time....

Thank you for your concern, and I do apologize for not updating this thread very often,  but yes, Self-Destruct is kind of a cop out... I certainly don't want to give them Ultima or anything... did someone mention ShadowFlare? That would be pretty interesting...

Also I think I have all for Chapter 1 I need, thank you all for your support! (I should really update that...)

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"We need a badass super powerful battle, like all FFs and I vote for Omega Weapon!

I can assure you Exodus will warp your minds. Not only does he flip the whole stage around, reversing all direction, he now also has Defendants and Prosecutors. He's come a long way from that old video.

Also if there's any additional monsters, it won't be Ultima Weapon (While I do so love the Ultima Weapon as an item in FF6, Atma Weapon, indeed!)

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Duel with Destiny, change it to zombie Argath as undead knight with 2 xbows and arbalist secondary.

Aruguay Woods
Lovers Quarrel

Standard 3 and 1 ally generic of choice

Enemies(Always present)
X1 Esperblade female and x1 Esperblade male both ??? stats, on opposite sides and different teams.

Trophies:
Only way to learn Zodiark

Algus is not coming back, Algus is only the first enemy you fight, I have no reason to bring him back, not with Mercenaries story line. And also... Elmdor and his floozies exclusion makes that even more so. Random or not.

Lover's Quarrel is interesting, but as I've said repeatedly, the Secret Skills are not gamebreaking, I personally do not want to have them obtained so late in the game (considering you get the Band of Abilities near the end of Chapter 1 if you fulfill "certain conditions")The only late game secret skill acquisitions would be the unlocking of Hessian and Red Mage and deciding who to sacrifice Hedin for.

Quote from: "PX_Timefordeath"Zirekill Falls
Top the sensei!

Standard 3
Plus 1 generic
Allies(always present)
1 weak ass unit that Yang OHKOes on first turn

Enemy:
The kick ass Yang

4v1 but should be a hard battle, super rare chapter 4 battle.

Trophies:
You get none loser! This battle be only way to learn Demi Shock [Monk secret move]

A nice idea, except... Demi-Shock was originally Amarant's. Yang would have no business teaching it, of course if he casted it on you there's a chance you'd learn it. For those kind of characters, I will probably give them innate Maintenance and give them a Band of Abilities, so they can use theit abilities to their fullest potential. Also wouldn't it make sense for Yang to bequeath a claw of some sort? Not the secret skill which doesn't belong to him in the first place?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

February 01, 2009, 11:40:13 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Quote from: "LastingDawn"...did someone mention ShadowFlare? That would be pretty interesting...

Yes it would.

Is it possible for enemies to be ALWAYS critical or no? If so then...

OMFG SANDBAG!

Mandalia Plains

Allies Always Present
Ramza
Rad
Gaffy

Enemies Always Present
6x Cantor, Always Critical.

Enemies Sometimes Present
6x Monks, Always Critical.

Trophies
Healing Staff?
(some item with regen maybe)

New thought, Any way we can Change Some Calcuator Skills to Lvl5Death or Lvl4Holy, or something like that.

PX_Timefordeath

February 02, 2009, 06:53:29 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
OMFG SANDBAG2!!

Enemies:
x12 Travelers, 6 with item, 3 with cantor skills, and 1 is a ??? boss.

LastingDawn

February 02, 2009, 07:13:34 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... item no longer exists, with only one of the Runes healing, Item wouldn't be their best bet, Cantor, and Blue Mage can heal... ish...

Art of War

Archael

February 02, 2009, 08:48:04 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
END GAME MAP *Any*
War Veterans

Standard 3

3x immortal Warders with Maintenance and the best gear in the game

QuoteNew thought, Any way we can Change Some Calcuator Skills to Lvl5Death or Lvl4Holy, or something like that.

this

is an excellent idea... if somehow we could pull it off

LastingDawn

February 02, 2009, 08:55:19 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... Lvl. 5 Death and Lvl. 4 Holy are both traditionally Blue Magics... but that's a lot of work to ask of our already taxed ASMers.

Art of War

Zozma

February 02, 2009, 09:19:59 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
you cant learn blue magic on fft if it causes death or stop tho....
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

February 02, 2009, 09:21:50 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Zozma"you cant learn blue magic on fft if it causes death or stop tho....

you can learn lvl?whateverHoly by getting hit with it

and lvl?Death by getting hit with it if you are undead (so it heals you????)

duno?

lol

LastingDawn

February 02, 2009, 09:33:37 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I have to admit that is a pretty interesting idea... but that would definitely be the most difficult skill to learn...
Blue Mage's Secret Skill?

Art of War

Archael

February 02, 2009, 09:44:23 pm #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
it'd powerful enough to be a secret skill, that's forsure

dwib

February 02, 2009, 10:44:21 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
especially if you keep with it's relatively traditionally low MP cost

it's a brilliant idea

boomkick

February 02, 2009, 10:52:01 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Or, the easy way would be to make those two skills, Death (100%) and Holy (100% accuracy), the only skills that can be used with Math (there is a checkbox for it on the patcher i think). They can only be learn't by the few that can use Math Skills and have those learn't. So Have the Level skill and the values 4 and 5, So there would be Lvl5Holy, Lvl4Holy, Lvl5Death, Lvl4Death.

boomkick

February 04, 2009, 11:42:49 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
If Shadow Flare or Lvl(#)(Spell) are going to be implemented, don't we need a program to modify to spells or a really good hacker?

But continuing on topic (if these were ever implemented)

Any End Game Map

Omega

Allies Always Present
Ramza
Rad
Gafgarion

Enemies Always Present
Omega (Knows Shadow Flare)

Trophies
A good sword
Gil

Any Map (preferably Poeskas Lake)

Death's Blue Mage

Allies Always Present
Ramza
Rad
Gaffy

Enemies Always Present
1x Undead Blue Mage (??? Stats and Immortal, or immune to many negative effects).

Trophies
An OK Staff
Gil

PX_Timefordeath

February 12, 2009, 08:32:35 pm #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Aruguay West
Wark!!!!!

Same three
Allies always(controllable?):
X2 Chocokin
Allies random:
X2 Chocobo Knights[knights riding chocobos]

Enemies always:
X5 Travelers
X2 Gamblers
Enemies random:
X3 Knights
X2 Gambler
X1 Esperblade

LastingDawn

February 12, 2009, 08:54:26 pm #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, clever way to keep the list from going over 9, good random. I'll add it in later.

Art of War

PX_Timefordeath

February 15, 2009, 01:42:57 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
I have an idea for a random where all the enemies have reflect rings on, but don't know what to specificly put in it. Always reflect on enemies would be awesome since they target so damn well with it. Bouncing nukes and revives off corpses...

PX_Timefordeath

February 15, 2009, 11:32:45 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Zeklaus Desert South
Bouncy Bouncy!

Gaffy Duck
Youngest Beoulve
Dycedarg's Elder Brother

Enemies Always Present:
X12 Invoker with Reflect ring and Cantor 2nd

PX_Timefordeath

March 03, 2009, 12:15:00 am #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Zigolas West
Ahhhh Fuck

Standard rapists..

Enemies-
3X Tonberries
HP:10k+
Speed:30
Move:2
Fly
Any Ground
Immune All Status
Attacks do Ludicrous Break Damage Barrier OHKOes
Defence Up & M Defence Up

Good luck

dwib

March 03, 2009, 12:59:06 am #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
^ no