• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Reliquian (Antiquirian) (Update on First Post)

Started by LastingDawn, November 18, 2008, 12:55:37 am

Dominic NY18

November 25, 2008, 03:17:51 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
It's been nagging me for quite some time, so I'll get this out.

The Orb of Minu is a reference to the White Mage from FFII, whose name is Minwu. It should be the Orb of Minwu.

dwib

November 25, 2008, 04:45:20 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
abilities look awesome, although i am also skeptical about the breakage/quantity of items.

LastingDawn

November 25, 2008, 06:59:55 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ahem... yes I never made that clear enough... "Mission Rewards" are rewards for Randoms now, one unit in each Random will carry one of these "Relics", guaranteed.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

November 26, 2008, 09:48:13 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
You have to make it so the relics can be stolen from people who are likely to wear it. Some of the rarest ones should be stolen from this class as well.

LastingDawn

November 26, 2008, 10:30:36 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
A good idea, they are relatively odds and ends, as it stands.

EDIT:

Quote from: "philsov"my only concern with the proposed skillset is that all these items will have a 100% chance to break, right?  

Which means that half the skillset is one time use for the entire game.  I was hoping for a few more purchaseables.

Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

The only one that won't break 100% of the time is the Orb of Minu (Minwu) Since that is the legendary item, but it will have the same chance of breaking as any Katana.

Art of War

Archael

November 29, 2008, 06:22:27 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
fix Reliquian typo

rarrrr

Archael

December 06, 2008, 01:12:32 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
hey

can we get a list of proposed abilities on main topic?

I'd like to check em out

LastingDawn

December 06, 2008, 01:03:54 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Indeed Voldemort, the first post has been updated, I'd like your critiquing on the chosen abilities.

Art of War

Eternal

August 17, 2009, 11:37:35 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Their origin story:

"Keepers of sacred relics who are from clans located in the ruined villages in Zeklaus Desert. In times past, they were mere merchants, travelling amongst their families to scrape together a living. Ultimately, they had to resort to exploration to find a source of valuable goods to sell. Throughout their explorations, they fell upon various relics of ages past. While holding onto these relics, they came to recognize their powers and shared their secrets with others of their trade. Ultimately the Church felt threatened by these relics, and began hunting down Reliquians, one by one. Only those who had mastery over the Relics survived the holocaust, and they went into hiding. To prevent others from using the Relics in evil ways, they scattered the relics to the Ivalician ash, ne'er to see the light of day again."
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MiKeMiTchi

August 18, 2009, 01:48:41 am #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
^ That was good. :)
I edited some words.

----------------------
Their origin story:

"Keepers of sacred relics from a clan located in the ruined villages in Zeklaus Desert. In times past, they were mere merchants, traveling amongst their families to scrape together a living. In the long run, they had to resort to explorations to find a source of valuable goods to sell. Throughout their expeditions, they fell upon various relics of ages past. While holding onto these relics, they transpired to descry their powers and shared their prowesses with the rest of their trade. However, the Church felt threatened by these relics, and began hunting down Reliquians, one by one. Only those who had mastery over the Relics survived the holocaust, and they went into veiling. In turn, Reliquians restricted others from using the Relics in vile ways, by scattering the relics to the Ivalician ash, ne'er to see the light of day again."

----------------------
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Eternal

August 18, 2009, 12:50:25 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Sounds much better, thank you Mike. Never again am I typing these origin stories at midnight. =P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

LastingDawn

August 18, 2009, 12:54:09 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hehe, alright. I'll put this on the front post, thank you for the assistance fellows.

Art of War

dwib

August 18, 2009, 02:01:25 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
It would be nice to update the first post with the sprite and portrait also

Asmo X

August 21, 2009, 04:06:55 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Wait, did you already change the brown one? It looks way better but its hard to tell because of the dimming effect. Also, watch the black outlines. This is especially obvious in the lower arm of the casting animation.

SilvasRuin

November 29, 2009, 10:54:25 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
The jewel is pillow-shaded and outlined.  The light source for the rest of the portrait seems to come from above and a bit in the direction she is facing.  The jewel's light source almost looks like the viewer.  The outline needs to be far more subtle at the very least.  Use something other than black.

Otherwise, I agree with the others, looks nice.

LastingDawn

Resurrection! (Well not really)

This is a class which cannot be altered that easily. So it's in our best interest to just keep it as is.

Art of War