• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:25:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Elmdork

Holy crap i still get matches! Thanks, andrew! Just got my net hooked up on sunday, new house and stuff. i'll have to sift through everything when i have the chance, but i'm back.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

fallenstarz101

thanks Andrew for recording the matches in your free time!! :mrgreen:
hello!

twistedmime009

butter toast,butter toast,butter toast -ed

silentkaster

Thanks for recording the team, Barren.

I wanted to do a Don't Move team that would be somewhat effective and I thought they might be. I gave the Mime Summon Magic which I guess was a mistake. The Geo and Scholar bounce off each other by using spells and having worst compat so that way they trigger the saves with the Priest having Distribute to keep them healthy. I'll make some changes and hopefully get to see it in the stream on Thursday to see if it does any better. GG.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

fallenstarz101

hello!

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Corosar

Quote from: CT5Holy on December 18, 2015, 02:43:12 pm
Yesterday's stream now on youtube

First attempt at a high speed team failed.. hmmm gonna need to fix up that bard definately. the haste was a very bad idea for him... might have to put angel song and remove a couple songs from the bard and dancer... the bard i know time is not gonna work right... may chance to something like... Drawout... i wanna make use of that MA if i can it be a shame if it went to waste after he is done singing. Though its kinda upsetting for me that he didn't use cheer song... and the dancer didn't use slow dance... i will want to dedicate that i feel... ahh well i live and learn... good game
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Shintroy

Didn't think the team would get 2-0'd, and I definitely didn't think it'd be that dominating. Charm was a huge factor of course, but the reason I lost in round 2 was most likely due to the Archer wasting turns on head break instead of going for turn wasting abilities like Hawk's eye or Arm Aim.
Some day my people will be free.

silentkaster

Requesting a match for CTT5's newest teams if anyone can...(does not have to be against me. Just curious to see a couple concepts in action.)

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

silentkaster

Thanks Barren.

interesting teams. I know you don't often edit your teams but might want to fix the undead archer. Sweet cherry really had RNG hating him on his R3. I felt for him there.

Barren, what I was saying is that the Mime can't use things from his secondary without MP. So, in the match you saw, the mime couldn't cast "Wall" until he ate a crystal. Stuff like mimicking isn't effected whatsoever unless by status. It is similar to when a Move-Mp Up user would have enough MP after the move to cast a spell, but still won't cast it until the next turn. The Mime must start the turn with enough MP to use their secondary if said secondary requires MP.

CT5Holy

Thanks Barren!

Good call on Golden Hairpin over Green Beret. I very done goofed with the Undead Archer. Going to give Wall of Random a vacation for now... it's a pretty big mess atm XD
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Heroebal

December 20, 2015, 02:39:01 pm #4694 Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:51:22 pm by Heroebal
Got some catching up to do here :)

I think this was actually one of the initial/"rough draft" versions of paladins from hell, no matter though. As you can see chaos blade & damage split just wasn't cutting the mustard there so I opted to go with moonlight/dragon spirit+flee setup instead on both paladins. They should have lost both those round, but somehow they still managed to pull through though, gg.

That was a fun watch (a little drawn out in parts, silly squire...). You kind of have to quickly take them out or quickening stacks up too much. Headhunters/Biebes have beaten them as a reference (they do not like flare or chiri). And the quickening can actually go higher than that b/c chemist/mime have ether or get more mp from crystals. What's weird is in a lot of my practice the chemist/mime will throw an ether to each other but not on themselves that much. Andrew that was a nice match, gg. 

PS. My headphones broke so when I record more matches they will be w/o commentary for the time being....

Shintroy

December 22, 2015, 01:46:58 pm #4695 Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:52:29 pm by Shintroy
Didn't know I had a match recorded until recently. Good stuff Barren.
Mime Boosting vs Defensive Mime
Mime on Mime violence. No one wins these.

R1 - Didn't get to see much of CT5's team in action. AoE shut it down at the start.
R2 - CT5's has the addvantage here since his mime team isn't as crippled by map size and vertical. Plus he gets quickening at the start. Brutal match for me since the team got seperated pretty badly. Wall mime looks preddy decent though.
R3 - CT5's favor again due to the map. Really close game that really all came down to my team getting seperated and charm.

GG.

------------
Thanks for the marathon Truelight

Wind vs Holy
R1 - 4v2, still lost. GG Hawk's Eye.
R2 - 400+ Damage AoE. No coming back from that with just a Paladin.
R3 - Highlight of the match is  around 1:36:00. Turns into another 4v2 and still lost. RIP.

GG. Geomancy Mime is so bad.
Some day my people will be free.

dw6561

Cover Fire really did a number on me there...Thief has high evasion? Nope, cover fire gets right through. Also my squire not being able to reach anyone didn't help either. I'll have to check to see if he has 4 move or not. A Charm landing would have helped immensely, however the RNG had different plans apparently. GG.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

fallenstarz101

Me Vs twistedmime009
It seems as though our wizards are very similar (glass cannons)
But in all seriousness your team was more for to the occasion as your team had two "healers" while my own had only one (monk) making your team's sandbagging more Effective GG
hello!

Heroebal

I got lucky in the last round with the paladin making the right call this time in reviving the monk, it bought time for archers to get up and allowed the team to recuperate just enough to retake the round.  The 2nd round and part of the 3rd round makes me wonder If I should try and give the archers basic skill again to revive the monk/paladin if needed. I'd lose out on regen but move-hp up should at least keep them active. I like leaving them as undead so the monk/paladin don't have to worry about reviving/healing them I'd rather they concentrate on grand cross/self healing.

GG Shintroy I hear you on the Geomime. Before I made Holiday Stories I was attempting to make a team consisting of two geo users combined with 2 mimes to maximize the smart targeting/procing geomancy skills. The damage/procing from it just didn't have enough consistency or umph to finish teams off.