• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:14:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Out of curiosity..

Started by MaddRave, September 12, 2015, 05:37:55 am

MaddRave

Know a place where I can buy more?  :mrgreen:

Kekeke.
In all seriousness though, I'm new to the modding/hacking scene in general so I was just curious, when you aren't modding/hacking or browsing the forums, how do you generally spend your time?

Me myself? I find new ways to inadvertently add viruses to my friend and I's PC. Due to my social-anxiety paired with agoraphobia, I'm often spending my time online, I -had- a long, dark, history with MMO's but at some point I decided to take some extreme measures to kick my habit to the curve, ended up without a computer for almost..5 years? And then I ended up getting into console gaming, although in moderation. If I'm not busy gaming, I'm often browsing a forum or reading some light novels, or sending out a gopher to fetch me a book from the local library. I'm always looking for some good recommendations when it comes to literature! I will generally read any type of genre, though I favour the more young-adults labeled stories. Charlie Bones, Artemis Fowl, Ender's Game, Percy Jackson, etc. I'm horrible at remembering author names so I apologize if you ask, "Did you read anything from such-and-such" and I give an unfavourable answer.

And I'm unsure if this belongs in the Lounge or in Spam, sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.

Angel

Xifanie and I played FFXIV from pretty much when we got married in January until a couple weeks into Heavensward's release. Since then, we fell back into our usual pattern of watching Netflix, or playing a game while the other watches. I'm currently playing Persona 4, she's playing Breath of Fire III.

Occasionally, something interesting comes up on Humble Bundle or Indie Gala for cheap, and we pick that up and play that for a while. Sadly, outside of FFXIV, we haven't had anything REALLY fun to play together since Chu Chu Rocket.

As to whether to post this here or in Spam... for this topic specifically, either is fine - you'll just get goofier responses in Spam.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

dw6561

I really love making music. When I'm not modding/hacking or doing FFT Arena, or just playing FFT in general (there goes a giant chunk of my time), I spend time remixing video game music and making them 8-bit, or making my own compositions. I have a plastic recorder that I sometimes toot on, and I also play the Alto and Soprano saxophone too. I sometimes even learn how to play video game tunes on an actual instrument, especially the tecnically involved ones because it's fun for me.

I also like to watch people play my favorite games on twitch. I'm kind of known for hanging around on the FFT section too much, and my following list contains all the people that I've ever seen touch tactics.

Have you read the Pendragon series? That was one of my favorites.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

3lric

When I'm not modding, I'm usually modding.

Dragonriders of Pern is a great series, but there is a ton of them. Worth it though.

Jumza

Quote from: dw6561 on September 12, 2015, 03:03:52 pm
I really love making music. When I'm not modding/hacking or doing FFT Arena, or just playing FFT in general (there goes a giant chunk of my time), I spend time remixing video game music and making them 8-bit, or making my own compositions.

Do you have a youtube channel?

In my spare time (which I guess doesn't include school) I like to play video games (I just bought Mario Party 10! 7 is still the best though) and read (just purchased a copy of Beowulf, though it was for school). I used to play MMO's something awful as well, but then all of my friends and family stopped playing the ones I enjoyed, and it just got to be stupid levels of boring grinding and questing with no one to talk to (and trying to do group / party quests with strangers is always ugh).
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

dw6561

I do have a youtube channel, but I've only used it to comment on other people's videos.

I play video games besides FFT too, though in the past I have tended to get super obsessed about one, then suddenly switch to another and get obsessed with that one.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Philogosten

I do a lot of writing (most of it is uncredited but hey the paycheck is always nice and it is fun for me)
and in general being the problem solver for most people I know which is pretty taxing at times.

As for literature I can recommend the first Odd Thomas book (none of the Sequels)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight was pretty good too. (Raistlin is like the best character in sword and sorcery fiction)
Oh and the I hear from a few friends that The Sword of Truth series is good but I haven't gotten around to reading it.
Now taking bets on which kills me first. lung cancer or liver failure

Reks

I do occasional Let's Plays, draw, Arena, and ever so slowly pursue my interests in meteorology and mycology.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128