• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:43:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Changing weapon sprites in the shops

Started by Etibow, August 17, 2014, 09:30:51 pm

Etibow

Before anyone hates me if this IS already posted, I did a good bit of searching for this topic already (as I usually do, and I usually find my answers), but I could not find this topic or answer anywhere yet!

I'm looking to change the sprites of a weapon, and I can do so successfully with the sprite sheet, which changes the appearance/sprites of the weapons for battle. However, I want to also change the sprites for the weapon as they appear in shops. I've noticed they are different sprites, and cannot find where these sprites are located.

For instance, in my situation, I'm attempting to change all Ninja Swords to a different type of weapon altogether. In this, the sprites need to change. I've been able to do this for the sprites as they appear in battle with ShiShi with the WEP1 and WEP2 sheets. However, the sprites are the same in the shops (they are still Ninja Swords). How and where do I change these sprites? Anyone know? Thanks ahead of time! I'm so close to being done with my project, and this would pretty much do it!

~Etibow

RavenOfRazgriz

Tutorial Link Index -> Item Icon Editing by Celdia should be what you're looking for.

Always check the Index first when you need to know how to do something.  It's a bit more reliable than trying to jam words into the Search engine.  There are other Indexes for similar things on other boards such as the one used for tracking ASM knowledge on the Final Fantasy Tactics Hacking board.

Etibow