• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:25 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Official Sprite Contest: Ivalicians Abroad

Started by Celdia, May 05, 2013, 09:26:51 am

Cheetah

FFT re-imagined as FF1. This is just showing my progress so far, need a number of custom elements yet. I hope to have the final product meet the four color limit of nes sprites. Right now only Ramza is four colors in this preview. I'm wondering how far to take this and maybe even due a quick animated battle.
Current Projects:

3lric

Haha, Ramza, Orlandu and Delita all look great. I'm curious to see how the final version turns out.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Gulstaf: Thanks a lot! Welcome to FFH.. I'd recommend you do play Faxanadu (at some point anyway).

Cheetah: looking forward to more (goblins, sweet); looks good... Especially Orlandu. I think you can make it work by making them all 4 tiles each.. so the bottom halves can have their own 4 colours.
Trying to guess their names condensed to 4 capital letters: RAMZ, LAND, LITA (Orlandu & Delita suffer).

Lijj

Quote from: Jumza on May 31, 2013, 10:34:34 am
I feel like updating my entry...

I added another pose to the original, before I realized the PSP version of Yggdra Union has more HD sprites. I couldn't find any sprite rips of them, so it took me awhile to find one to work off of.

Also the game has 4 different versions of small rectangular portraits, for Passive, Aggresive, Pain (or defeat) and Victory. I added those as well!

Male Knight in Yggdra Union style

Very nice update BTW Jumza. I really like that 2nd commanding pose in the smaller rez sprite.

Jumza

Thanks! Always nice to receive praise from an artist such as yourself.

I just hope we get more entries! Everything has been great so far.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

lirmont

June 05, 2013, 12:27:37 pm #65 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:32:24 pm by lirmont
Beowulf Cadmus: Defense Attorney
     Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Nintendo DS)

February 5, 10:05 AM
Lionel Castle
Judge's Chambers

February 5, 10:05 AM, Bremondt Freitberg (Prosecutor) alleges that Reis Duelar, in the form of a dragon, is guilty of "Grand Theft Holy Stone", demanding the plaintiff be locked up in Prosecutor Freitberg's Private Prison.

February 5, 10:10 AM, the prosecution presents the "Aquarius Holy Stone" into the Court Record.

February 5, 10:12 AM, Prosecutor Freitberg pushes a motion for the judge to immediately sentence the defendant to imprisonment due to a lack of any clear opposition from the defendant. In response to this, the defendant pleads: "RAWR!"

February 5, 10:15 AM, Judge Alazlam begins sentencing Reis Duelar, taking the RAWR defense into account. Until...

February 5, 10:16 AM, Beowulf Cadmus heroically storms into the room, shouting, "HOLD IT!"

February 5, 10:18 AM, Beowulf Cadmus presents a motion to the judge. The motion is for Defense Attorney Cadmus to represent the defendant, Reis Duelar. The defendant is heard to comment: "Rawr."

February 5, 10:20 AM, Defense Attorney Cadmus joins the defendant's bench.

February 5, 10:25 AM, Prosecutor Freitberg, noticeably perturbed, calls his first witness, Aliste Rosenheim, a member of the Gryphon Knights.

February 5, 10:27 AM, Aliste Rosenheim testifies that he witnessed Reis Duelar stealing the Aquarius Holy Stone. The defendant is heard to say: "RAWR!"

February 5, 10:30 AM, Prosecutor Freitberg claims that this statement is incontrovertible proof of the defendant's guilt.

February 5, 10:31 AM, Beowulf Cadmus is heard to scream: "OBJECTION! Cancer!" The witness is noted to begin to sweat profusely.

February 5, 10:32 AM, Prosecutor Freitberg retorts with an "OBJECTION!" to the objection.

February 5, 10:35 AM, Defense Attorney Cadmus proceeds to explain Aliste Rosenheim's medical condition and the man's honor-obsessed desire to face off against his former captain, Beowulf Cadmus! Prosecutor Freitberg is observed to pull at his own mustache in anger.

February 5, 10:40 AM, the witness refuses to admit to the defense's allegations, claiming instead that his former captain was in on the theft, smuggly claiming that it was his word against the former captain's.

February 5, 10:42 AM, Defense Attorney Cadmus is witnessed to again scream: "OBJECTION! Cancer!"

February 5, 10:43 AM, Defense Attorney Cadmus moves the "Cancer Holy Stone" into the Court Record.

February 5, 10:44 AM, it is observed that the new evidence begins to react with Reis Duelar, returning her to human being form.

February 5, 10:47 AM, Reis Duelar takes the stand. The first witness and the prosecution are observed to sweat profusely and ostentatiously pull at their facial hair respectively.

February 5, 10:50 AM, Reis Duelar testifies that the evidence against her was actually an heirloom given to her by her grandmother as a birthday present years ago. She goes on to insinuate that Prosecutor Freitberg is "just obsessed with me."

February 5, 10:52 AM, Prosecutor Freitberg is observed to pull at his facial hair until his body splits into two, revealing himself to be the dark dragon, Syneugh!

February 5, 10:55 AM, Beowulf Cadmus faces the prosecution's bench and shocks both the prosecutor and Aliste into submission.

February 5, 11:00 AM, Judge Alazlam declares the defendant, Reis Duelar, not guilty.

February 5, 11:02 AM, Beowulf Cadmus and Reis Duelar being to exit the judge's chambers. Until...

February 5, 11:05 AM, the caretaker of the Nevleska Temple is observed dragging a smouldering pile of robotics into the judge's chambers. He is further observed to allege that Beowulf Cadmus and an accomplice, Ramza Beoulve, are both equally guilty of "Willful Destruction of Temple Property".

February 6, 9:00 AM, Beowulf Cadmus and Ramza Beoulve enter lock-up with the criminal mercenary, Goffard Gaffgarion. It is observed to be a very long 30-day sentence for both Beowulf Cadmus and Ramza Beoulve.

3lric

This is great Lirmont, love the little side-stories as well

StarchaserXFER

Quote from: Lijj on May 31, 2013, 09:20:39 pm
Gulstaf: Thanks a lot! Welcome to FFH.. I'd recommend you do play Faxanadu (at some point anyway).

Cheetah: looking forward to more (goblins, sweet); looks good... Especially Orlandu. I think you can make it work by making them all 4 tiles each.. so the bottom halves can have their own 4 colours.
Trying to guess their names condensed to 4 capital letters: RAMZ, LAND, LITA (Orlandu & Delita suffer).

Or TGOD for Cid haha. Great sprites btw Cheetah they look class. Simple but challenging as well to keep the detail and uniqueness of each character with 8 bit graphics as it were. Monsters would be awesome as well as Lijj said, Behemoths and Pigs!

Maybe I should join this spriting jazz....only just registered though, albeit I did years and years ago so RE-registering but all the same.
Epic Quote of the Day:
"I have a firm grip on the darkness in his heart".

- Jade Cocoon - Story Of The Tamamayu

FFT Quote of the Day:
"They're naught but common footpads!".

- Algus Sadalfas Argath Thadalfus

Completely Unrelated Quote of the Day:
"Hey, hey, hey. I have 'til five!".

- Daniel Bryan, AKA Bryan Danielson...

lirmont

Quote from: StarchaserXFER on June 14, 2013, 04:41:21 pm
Maybe I should join this spriting jazz....

Yes, you should! We are still at least missing Reis, Agrias, Mustadio, Olan, Meliadoul, Rafa, and Malak of the named ones on the heroes side.

Jumza

There are 12 days left to enter, and I can't believe there aren't more contest entries.
LOOK AT THAT LIST OF PRIZES 0.0 It's like (or should be :P ), every FFHer's dream to win a prize pack that large. Come on people! We need more entries!

I still have faith in my entry winning, regardless of how many others there are though ;)
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

lirmont

June 18, 2013, 06:23:32 pm #70 Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:26:24 pm by lirmont
I know, right? More entries. Chop, chop.

Ideas I didn't do but might be worth doing:

• Zalbag as the Prince of Persia (SNES).

• Reis as the dragon from Bubble Bobble (Arcade).

• Boco (the chocobo) as a member of the Angry Birds (PC).

• Funeral as the creepy old librarian from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Sega Saturn).

• Olan as the Pagemaster (SNES).

• Mustadio as the old-school technology savvy stand-in savior of The World Ends with You (Nintendo DS).

• Agrias as the uppity sword girl from Magical Drop (SNES).

Reks

I'll try to do one or to while I'm gone.

As Disgaea sprites, no less. How much will I actually be able to do? Stay tuned to find out!... For a very long time.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Mobius

Just a bit before the deadline.. I'll definetly squeeze something until then, hehe.

No more entries then?!?
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Jumza

Better hurry Mobius :P

Also that angry birds Boco is pretty cool Lirmy!

Celdia

As there have been no requests for extensions on the deadline, the time for submissions for this contest is officially over. Stay tuned for the summary page and voting!
  • Discord username: Celdia#0