• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

My/our Red Mage Sprite

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, November 29, 2007, 10:14:48 pm

Cheetah

January 19, 2008, 01:09:50 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The feather probably keeps switching which side of the hat it is one too, correct? Because for the opposite angle whether front or back it just mirrors the sprite. At first I thought this would somehow me remedied because the archer isn't symmetrical, but later it occurred to me that only the arms get the benefit of having all the angles covered. That seems pretty impossible to fix.

PS: How do the legs look walking from the rear view? The original sprite did some weird stuff that I tried fixing, but I'm afraid it might have turned out horrible.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

January 19, 2008, 02:02:15 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

trickstardude7

January 19, 2008, 02:36:41 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
hm zodiac how exactly do you insert the sprites into the game ??

Zozma

January 19, 2008, 09:14:49 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
nice red mage  8)

inserting sprites:
with a completed sprite open cd mage, open your game and go into the battle folder where all the sprites are stored. right click (wasnt it?) and it should ask if you want to insert a file into it. insert your sprite into the sprite you want to change. (if it says your file is bigger DONT do it)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

January 20, 2008, 10:51:26 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
If you click Yes when the file is bigger all it will do is truncate it... and it doesn't really matter except for the the BadAlma sprite you provided since that one almost only got a palette swap, the other sprites doesn't have custom attack animations so it will fuck up anyway.

So bigger or not, it's not important right now.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Xifanie

January 20, 2008, 11:00:55 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Just for the ones that might wanna test the Red Mage sprite...

I took Delita's sprite but whatever ;o

I doesn't really since attack animations will be buggy anyway.

Cheetah

February 06, 2008, 01:41:23 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Tada 5 (or something):

Well here is my completed Red Mage with all the additional animations complete. If someone is able to get it so that it will all work in a spr file right now feel free to do so and post the completed sprite here. Note that minor adjustments will be needed to get it to the correct deminsions. Input is always appreciated as I plan on making additional adjustments to this guy.
Current Projects:

karsten

February 06, 2008, 02:13:53 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
nice, really! now you need a portrait and a boobs munited sprite ;)

Cheetah

February 06, 2008, 02:21:55 am #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I'm actually looking into the boob situation right now...I'll just assume you know what I mean. Yeah definitely need a portrait, at least I have a few options for faces. Does anyone know of a good way to shrink things down in photoshop and restrict the palette? Originally I'm sure the sprites were likely done by hand but it seems like the must have had some method of digitizing drawings of the portraits. Any ideas?
Current Projects:

Cheetah

February 11, 2008, 02:46:32 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Sadly I am unable to get Melonhead's new version of the sprite viewer working on my computer. So if anyone is willing to get it working with all the new animations and post it that would be great. Getting some videos of some custom sprites fulling working in an edited event battle (like the opening battle) and posting them on Youtube and the like could definitely spark some interest.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

February 11, 2008, 03:29:49 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Oh man, you did it again.

You should never extend the canvas except for editing the portrait. Then put it back at it's original size.

It's really a pain do find out the good position in the sprite sheet when it's not 256x488 anymore. :/

I'll see what I can do about this though.

Cheetah

February 11, 2008, 03:33:29 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Zodiac I can fix that in a matter of seconds now that I know the dimensions (because I know where exactly it is supposed to be positioned). I will upload a new one in a couple minutes. (two minutes later) Here you go. Sorry about that, it was silly of me not to realize that it would be a real pain not to just do that myself.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

February 11, 2008, 04:03:03 pm #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
There.

If you want to make a portrait, make sure the new colors you make & use are in the 9th palette row.

Use that .bmp instead to edit. I don't want to do all the process again. 24bit PNGs are.. well annoying to convert.

Btw you had 18 colors. I don't know if it lost any quality.

Cheetah

February 11, 2008, 04:25:53 pm #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
It looks like I didn't loose any quality. The colors that were out of place got replaced correctly and it looks good. Thanks Zodiac for doing that for me. I will try saving stuff as bmp from now on if that makes the process easier.

How do I designate the 9th palette row? Is there a specific format of bmp I should be saving to? I'm still very new to the sprite editing scene.
Current Projects:

trickstardude7

February 12, 2008, 07:17:13 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
WOOT IT WORKS!!The only thing though is that the portrait is just complete black >_< and in formation screen it doesn't show >_< man I wish that guy with the video understood english I mean he had everything!! All worked and now I'm wondering how he made it when the enemy died it turned into  stone >_<

Xifanie

February 12, 2008, 08:14:24 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
No need for him...

I already know where those portraits and formation units are.

But we need a program to accomplish that.

I had to delete the portrait as there was too much colors because of it.

trickstardude7

February 12, 2008, 08:16:55 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Zodiac"No need for him...

I already know where those portraits and formation units are.

But we need a program to accomplish that.

I had to delete the portrait as there was too much colors because of it.

Oh I see!

Xifanie

February 12, 2008, 08:17:23 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "trickstardude7"now I'm wondering how he made it when the enemy died it turned into  stone >_<

I don't remember that but simply location the 0 HP = Death routine and replacing death by petrify should be simple.

Xifanie

February 12, 2008, 08:18:29 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "trickstardude7"Oh I see!

Me too, me gotz eYes.

trickstardude7

February 12, 2008, 08:19:39 pm #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "trickstardude7"Oh I see!

Me too, me gotz eYes.

Sometimes I wonder  :twisted:  

MUAHAHAHA