• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:57:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Innate Status not working...

Started by Croix, October 18, 2010, 04:06:39 pm

Croix

Hey guys Croix (pronounced Kr-oh-zz if anyone cares) here again with a problem... I was going through the sprites admiring everyones work (amazing jobs by the way) and came across "Wolf Knight" and got the bright Idea to make a Berserk job (much like other people I would assume)

Now my version of the Berserk (which others have most likely replicated) follows the "Anthology" version (the one with Bartz, Faris, Galuf and Leena) which for those who do not know is (I'm pretty sure I have this correct)

Equip Axe
Equip Clothes
Equip Hat
Equip Accessory
Innate: Attack Boost
Innate: Martial Arts
Starting Status: Berserk

No abilities, no reactions... There is no need because the Innate is meant to be Berserk so you have NO control.
I figured I could use the "Mime" job class for all this because they have no abilities to begin with... So I switched the Sprites, edited Stats (high PA/PA growth, Low HP Multi/HP Growth Low MA, Low MP Multi/Boost)

So after all this has been patched I boot up ePSXe change the jobs to Berserk. Equip them with the clothing (not the axe because of my own patching mistake) I go into battle with a herd of Berserks, they are looking great, There status says they are Berserk but then.... The game gives me control of my characters regardless.... Is this just curse of the Mime class? Do they have Innate Immunity? Any possible ways of fixing this.... Perhaps Making that job class have the "Guest Status" relinquishing control, or Innate Fight for life? If that's possible....

Maybe It's just the Mime class. I have no clue

Mari

Mime can't be changed, as of yet.
You'll have to change another job instead.

Also, instead of going for Starting Status as Berserk, you may want to change that to Always berserk.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jon

Get rid of Calculator or anything else. Since you got the Wolf Knight (male only) consider the gay Bard. Bards suck.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

philsov

its also a bug with initial/always: berserk.  Your first action will always be player-controlled, but afterwards the AI does indeed kick in.

Buuut, mime is quite bugged anyways.  They cant retain gear -- when the battle ends they lose anything they had equipped.  

Otherwise mime actually should work -- berserk should overwrite the mime flag, you don't care about secondary/reaction/support/movement, and you can give them enough PA/HP to compensate for lack of gear.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

old school

I know this post is for the PSX version, but on WotL, it seems after the first turn, the berserk auto-battle state isn't triggered.  Any suggestions?
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Last post in this thread was in 2010.

The OP doesn't have an account here anymore.

3 of the 4 people aren't part of this site anymore.

The only person who is still part of this site last logged in in 2013.

Next time make a new thread for your question please.
  • Modding version: PSX