• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:08:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Travis Sprite Studio (FFT Style Zell)

Started by TravisEpic, May 24, 2012, 10:42:44 pm

TravisEpic

May 24, 2012, 10:42:44 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:23:38 am by TravisEpic
Started working on this for a bit of fun over the summer. Currently it is only in mock-up/draft phase, but please feel free to critique.

References:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Zell_Dincht

Kagebunji

Portrait is quite neat, Balthier as base was a good choice, heh. Tattoo is looking well too. As to sprite, I would like to ask you for a 3x image too, it will be easier to spot eventual mistakes etc. and make it easier to crit.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

TravisEpic

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 25, 2012, 12:01:06 am
Portrait is quite neat, Balthier as base was a good choice, heh. Tattoo is looking well too. As to sprite, I would like to ask you for a 3x image too, it will be easier to spot eventual mistakes etc. and make it easier to crit.

Thanks for the info :)

Portrait:
Yes I'm liking it, the bases are indeed Balthier but also Mustadio and Male Knight.

I also uploaded the 3x Image not sure if it is 16-1 colors but I'm pretty certain it is close.

Alaris

Not much of a sprite maker, so I can't offer advice, but I do like the look of it.  Keep up the good work.
  • Modding version: PSX

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Twinees

The Balthier sprite is a good reference in terms of what Zell looks, but the Balthier sprite itself is terrible, thus it is a bad reference for the portrait or sprite.

In terms of what you've got going at the moment with the sprite, it looks great. The upper body is what caught my attention, great job. The hair on the sprite needs some work, its not quite there yet, but keep working at it (also remove the dark brown pixels on our left side of the sprites face). Something is bugging me about the shorts, perhaps the length (as Zell wears 3/4 length pants) or how they sit on him... oh i know, one side of the shorts puffs out from his legs, the other doesnt, move the column of dark blue pixels to our right by 1, then fill the empty space it made with the lightest blue (then fix up other errors it may have caused).

You could probably use the Male Mime for the shoes, maybe.

Good start, keep up the work.
  • Modding version: PSX