• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Blue Magic

Started by Zozma, February 08, 2009, 11:33:40 pm

Zozma

February 16, 2009, 09:32:27 pm #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hrmmm it will require some testing.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

dwib

February 17, 2009, 10:34:18 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
after testing... jump and death stack strangely. here are my results

You notice the unit's information does not show up? The unit appears dead, but as far as targeting it has completely disappeared, so you can't revive it. This may be useful.

Zozma

February 17, 2009, 10:42:13 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hah! quite interesting, the description of X-Zone could be, "severs the unit's soul from its body, preventing it from being brought back to the world of the living"

but can you "Death" someone that is in flight?

dwib

February 17, 2009, 10:47:23 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i am assuming you can't becasue you can't even target units in flight i think. maybe having death sentence expire while in mid-jump would be possible, although their dead sprite would probably fall back to earth i'm assuming.

Zozma

February 18, 2009, 12:03:05 am #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmmm.. well this X zone thing sounds doable now, i could probably use transparent as a special effect as well to show a non targetable state

SydneySoul

February 18, 2009, 12:23:37 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Hmm, to me transparent makes me imagine the unit is a ghost. Maybe you can make use of the evil/dark-looking status to represent the unit's soul missing. I haven't taken a look at this status effect myself to see exactly what it looks like, so take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

dwib

February 18, 2009, 12:30:43 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by dwib
i believe transparent would add a lot to the overall effect.

Zozma

February 23, 2009, 10:23:41 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay, for certain reasons i wont be adding "thunder soul" or "gigaflare" to this list evar!

Samuraiblackbelt

February 23, 2009, 07:41:31 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
oh well,I was hoping for gigaflare

maybe you could put ultima in blue magic since your not having it as the uber-squire special ability
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Zozma

May 06, 2009, 07:17:43 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
dont worry youll still get to use those two skills ;) maybe.

with one character.

depends on a choice...

Edit:
Okay so another "blue magic" the 4th skill for mustadeo, im thinking of making a special gun that will be the "materia blade" item. to prevent that ugly glitch with bows. so his 4th skill will require it but you can get the gun if snipers drop it as treasure.

Edit: Updated list on the first post which is what i have space for currently

Zozma

just to let everyone know, pertaining to blue mages. I have chosen to ditch blue mages as an accessible class altogether.

Instead im creating a secondary black mage that will feature the 3 other elements + Doom, Charm, and Ultima(2).

yet again, i am giving 2 more special charaters (they will have the normal squire job, however, will be the only ones with this "generic" job "Sage" unlocked.

their sprites? 10 year old girl, and 10 year old boy (havent named the 2 kids yet

sage can only be unlocked by having a certain level as the sage job, therefore its impossible to get this job unless its already unlocked thru ENTD
---------
Im still thinking their jobs over, however, because they are chapter 1 characters although they have the status of generics.

Zaen

What about spillover JP? I mean, if the two characters use that job enough, everyone will be able to have access to them. That's a lot of spillover, but it's still possible.
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Zozma

as far as i know its impossible for spillover jp to get you there since the only way to activate the job is to have a certain level in itself

then again bloody blade might know as he has trained using a former patch. i sealed off mime and calculator requiring lvl8 in each of those
-----
Alternate idea for the two children (as they will probably be recruited at araguay woods along with boco)

about 4 magic skills including mini ultima. I really dont want them to be OP units as early as u get them lol

Zaen

Well, if the kids stay in the Sage job, they'll gain JP. And since it's technically on the job wheel, the rest of your characters will still gain JP in it, until they get enough JP to unlock it, however much that may be.

Zozma

hmm well if the requirement is lvl 8...

but im considering making them have lesser magics anyway or perhaps getting an asm to block spillover

Zaen

It might require ASM, the job wheel has a mind of it's own.

Zozma

you know what tho

the required jp in my patch for lvl 8 is about 9000 jp so if they are set to lvl8 its going to be a looooong time before any of your normal characters spillover that much jp.

i think starting them at lvl5 will even cost a great deal of jp so if you really train hard enough perhaps its a little reward for wasting so much time lol

Pride

If you make the requirements both lvl 8 mime and calculator, wouldn't that block any spill over possibilities if there are no guest/ally mime units?
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Zozma

i just assumed that you couldnt activate a job with spillover if it requires levels in itself to be activated

however, if one manages to actiave the mime or sage by spillover somehow then you must have spent a very long time playing

mime requires lvl8 in EVERYTHING including itself and the only reason for this is to make all random hume enemies have a larger amount of learned skills for whatever they are.