• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Berserk status

Started by FFMaster, September 07, 2010, 06:19:25 pm

What should be done to Berserk?

Lose 50% damage bonus and give Salty Rage +PA
2 (9.5%)
Lose all evasion(like Charging)
9 (42.9%)
50% increase in physical damage taken(like Charging used to be)
4 (19%)
Nothing, Berserk status is fine, but Salty Rage needs a nerf
3 (14.3%)
Nothing, Berserk status and Salty Rage are fine
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 07, 2010, 06:19:25 pm

FFMaster

This is more to nerf Salty Rage than anything else. Just choose what you want to happen to Berserk. You can choose more than 1 option. I think all these are possible.

EDIT: Don't be a retard and vote options 3 and 4 at the same time, or something similar.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

How about initial: Berserk instead of permanent?
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Pride

I asked FFM if Berserk could reference wall's ct, since its a status that is never used for obvious reasons but he said he wasn't sure how to do that.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Barren

i agree with zodiac on initial berserk. that would help manage the berserk units a little bit better considering you would want them to be useful later
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Melancthon

I like the idea that they lose all evasion the most, because it makes sense.  A Berserk warrior has no regard for his own safety, he only wants to kill.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

The Damned

Losing all evasion seems like the simplest and fairest way to deal with Berserk if it's actually a problem.

Initial: Berserk is going to solve anything, especially since I don't think the AI will ever cure the target of Berserk since it's a neutral status like Innocent or Faith rather than a positive one like Haste or a negative one like Slow or Stop. At the very least, I can't ever remember the AI removing it.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Croix

I like the idea of losing all Evasion, and having haste being put on it too... Maybe max the brave level and half the accuracy since when you think about it... The character should be making all or nothing hits. Last time I checked Bravery makes you hit harder as well (correct me if I'm wrong) So think of The Bravery + 1/2 Accuracy as a counter Balance?

philsov

QuoteBerserk has no CT, so it lasts forever.

We can flag it (if it isn't already) to not stack with death, so once they die and come back they're no longer berserk instead of perma berserk.  Either way, voting for evasion loss and if they doesn't work we can probably do some status flag tricksies to prevent berserk and haste or some other combination, or have it cancel when the target is somehow debuffed in another fashion or something.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.