• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

Timbo

Quote from: "Cheetah"What exactly are you looking for Jack? We are just making steady progress on the books and then trying to implement more bug fixes as we figure them out. If there was something specific you wanted it might spark a bit more motivation for a specific release.

I'm sorry to be bothersome or pushy.  I was just curious as to how soon it was coming out.  Out of all the projects out there, this is my favorite one.  I really look forward to true expansion and improvement of one of my favorite games.  I'm really excited about the translations and those story translations.  I just keep crossing my fingers in hopes that you are able to recreate more of those new cut scenes from the psp version, and that maybe we'll get some version of the new sidequests, even if they don't add new items to the inventory or players to the party.  Oh, and I'm excited to hear the music test and all of those unused songs I've never heard.  

I guess I'm just excited in general.  Anything you guys release is more than what I've all ready got.  That is why I'm asking.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Cheetah

No worries Jack you aren't being pushy. If anything having people show interest motivates me to get more done. I wouldn't get your hopes up about new items and events, but maybe I can look into it a little more than I currently have.
Current Projects:

Timbo

I don't really care about the items at all.  Thats all "metagame".  It's the content for me that enhances the immersion factor.

Edit: I decided what I would love to see more then anything.  Although its probably not possible, I'd like to see the Beowulf/Reis/Bremondt sidequest.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Cheetah

Hacker's Log: Day 1

So there is this rumor, kind of the Holy Grail of FFT hacking. It is said (and I can't remember by whom), that in the Japanese rerelease of FFT the Millennium edition that there is an option in the debug menu to have a second controller control characters. This would logically point to somekind of multiplayer possibility. Which could be huge considering we hold tournaments just using the AI, who knows what we could do with true 2 player control. So in a quest to add all known content for this patch I went in search of this myth.

I found a copy of the game, I failed at this 6 months or so ago when I last attempted this. Then with the help of Zodiac we found the debug codes for the JP version of the game on a Japanese site. Side note: their debug codes are way more intelligent programmed then the US ones. So then I spent half a day going through the different options and comparing the US and JP menus in the hopes of find proof of this rumor.

I seemingly failed. I could see no difference between the two nor did I see anything that pointed to the possibility of such a menu. I was about to abandon my quest for the day, perhaps forever, when I made a hopeful discovery. For a time I thought perhaps the Millennium version was no different than the original JP release and that it was all a cruel prank. I look at the sizes and sectors and all matched up. My last ditch effort was to compare the hex of the actual files. To my great surprise I found that there were actually numerous difference between the two version.

I believe their is still hope, the hunt continues another day.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

This is definitely something to keep an eye on. Multiplayer would really be a great addition to the game. Hope that this will be coming true.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

formerdeathcorps

On a different note, what version of ShiShi did you use to patch FF Complete?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Cheetah

Newest version, sometimes a special version, and other times manually. What are you looking for?

OH and if anyone can find links or info concerning this Millennium edition stuff that would be great because right now I'm going on nothing.
Current Projects:

Ivoire

http://m-l.org/~greerga/fft/

I checked around, though it only seems that the Millennium edition is the same. Sort of like a "Greatest Hits" but only for Japan, and only with Square. It seems that they have a lot of Millennium Edition games. The following is a link to some of Square's Millennium Collection. Hope it helps.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-e3- ... ction.html

Cheetah

Thanks for looking Ivoire, I have the game now I just need more information on this supposed special debug options specific to this version.
Current Projects:

Heian

You don't see those Millennium Editions around anymore.  I just searched for one on Yahoo Auctions, and they want over $300 for it!

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n81414289

Heian

Big news!  Tango's gambling odyssey is about two or three days from being done!

I just have to polish up a few things before I send it to Cheetah.

The bad news is that -- given all the jumping around, code-wise -- there are probably a few errors floating around.  I hope I didn't accidentally erase any tags or anything else that's important.  So the big-checking phase might be a little longer this time.

But this story, which is my favorite of the four, is an absolute joy to take to a successful conclusion.  You'll have a smile on your face when you finish it!

Heian

"All right!

Cho-co-bos!  We're gonna do this!

We're gonna play this sound novel.  You and me, Tango.  We're gonna get your wife back; she's gonna be grateful, she's gonna give you a kiss; next think you know, you're gonna get laid tonight, all right?  Now let's do this!"

(Sorry; I was just watching my favorite video-game related YouTube video, which is 23 minutes of pure hilarity, and was channeling that guy.  The point is that the chocobo racing novel is done!  I've sent it to Cheetah, so hopefully there aren't too many glitches!  Soon you'll be playing it!)

Cheetah

Man Heian, you are really a stallar team member. This project is long over due for a new release. I'm going to get cracking hardcore on these sound novels. People should really be excited about Tango's story, it is essentially a mini game. We will have to see if the money rewards carry over like they did in the original japanese version!
Current Projects:

TRC

Heian

Hye guys, I'm making some pretty good progress on translating the Enavia book -- this one is much more straightforward, structurally, than all those branching paths and bad endings in the other books; this time there's a meter than keeps track of your happiness instead -- but need some advice on actually writing these lines with flavor.

Specifically, how would each of these characters address the others?  What kinds of words; what would they call each other; etc.  We've got three teenage sisters in a royal/noble family (aged 16, 15, and 13; the last one is the heroine), their father, a gardener and his teenaged son (this is the boy the heroine falls in love with), and then a few more employed-at-the-manor types like a teacher.

What would teenage gardener's son Curt call 13-year-old noble daughter Lucia?  "Lady"?  "Miss"?

This story -- as I've said ad nauseam -- is the weakest of the bunch, but on the other hand, it could probably shine with good writing, and its setting fits with the WotL style pretty well, or maybe that of FF12.

Any ideas?

LastingDawn

More than likely Lady, they call Alma, Lady Alma, if memory serves right. The sister would likely be a little more informal, they might be from a rich family, but the story rings of being an intimate relationship with family, so the pretext of formality would likely be absent, except if (or when) her father becomes strict with her and her sisters.  Though as mentioned above the gardener and his son would address the family as would the rest of the vassals as Lords and Ladies. Though I do think the teacher should probably have something special about him... hmm, PM me (and/or Eternal248) the script and I'll see if I can make anything work. (base translations, of course)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

LD's suggestions ideas look good. This thread needs more comments though.
Current Projects:

Dominic NY18

To add on, "Lord" could be added on to family titles. I assume "Lady" could be as well.

I wouldn't say formal titles are completely absent in familial settings either. All of the Beoulve kids address Balbanes directly as "Lord Father" and Ramza and Alma sometimes refer to Dycedarg and Zalbag as "Lord Brother."

LastingDawn

Quote from: "Dominic NY18"To add on, "Lord" could be added on to family titles. I assume "Lady" could be as well.

I wouldn't say formal titles are completely absent in familial settings either. All of the Beoulve kids address Balbanes directly as "Lord Father" and Ramza and Alma sometimes refer to Dycedarg and Zalbag as "Lord Brother."

Ah, but that's the thing. admittedly I don't know anything about this story, but the girls sound as if they would address each other on familiar terms, though be very respectful to their father calling him "Lord Father". "Lady Sister" is a strange bit, I don't think that would work rather well.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dominic NY18

I agree that it sounds odd (especially Lady Sister), but it isn't unheard of. It was customary for people in my family to address their elders or strangers with sir or ma'am. These days, my folks aren't as strict about this, but it's still a faux pas for me to even refer to my mother or grandmother's siblings without adding "aunt" or "uncle" to their names, much less directly address them.

In the examples I gave, it was always someone addressing or referring to a social superior and who had some important title (Dycedarg as Larg's retainer, Zalbaag as a Knight Devout, etc.). Not to mention that both were much older than Ramza and Alma.

I'm not saying your wrong though, especially if the girl in question shirks social norms and is close to her sisters. I was just saying it wouldn't be odd for people to have formal ways of addressing even their family members.