• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:05 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

does dark knight actually show up in any battles in the vanilla version?

Started by Lockeadon, September 25, 2016, 06:27:32 am

Lockeadon

o.o? trying to look through all the encounter data gave me a headache

Lockeadon

rather than post a new topic, what do the red colored things in the patcher encounter data signify?

BleuVII

1. No, they do not, and neither do Onion Knights. In addition to them not being in the original FFT, there is an interesting bug with Dark Knights: if you Entice a Dark Knight, they will not be able to use any of their Job Points until they have gotten 20 kills. If you ever switch them to a different job, you cannot switch them back. It is much easier to just never encounter one.

2. The red lines in ENTD indicate two or more units that occupy the same starting X/Y coordinates. This is perfectly acceptable for story sequences, as the same character may be loaded into the data multiple times. However, it will not work for battle sequences.

To get around the hard coding in the Dark Knight, I created the Berserker class. They have an innate status of Berserk, but they are immune to Entice, Charm, and Confuse. Oh, there's also a bug with innate statuses, like Berserk. Though your character will display the palette change, you will have 1 turn to issue commands before the status kicks in. (I used this to create a class ability of "War Cry", which is the initial shout that a Berserker uses to determine the tide of the battle.)
  • Modding version: WotL