• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

What video recording software do each of you use?

Started by Andrew, October 18, 2015, 08:16:10 pm

Andrew

Hey, the topic says it all.  I was wondering this because, if it's possible, I wouldn't mind taking requests and recording some matches.  Also, if you could post the recommended settings (?) for the program you use, that would be awesome.  Thanks!
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

I use TechSmith Camtasia Studio to record my footage. But of course that's if you're willing to spend $300 on the software. There is free software you can use. CamStudio, Fraps, HyperCam. Though CamStudio is free Fraps and HyperCam (full version) you do have to pay for it. There is also debut video.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Andrew

I'm not willing to spend that kind of money, but I'll definitely check-out the free ones you've mentioned.  Thanks a lot.

Shintroy

They're all free if you know where to look Andrew
Some day my people will be free.

TrueLight

I use Fraps to record matches. After the matches are done, I put them in VirtualDub (It's free!) and compress the files to make them easier to work with. I then use an editing Software called WonderShare where I add music and render the video.

Kurosabes

I use Open Broadcaster Software. It's free and I've never had issues with it.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Andrew

Thanks for all of the replies, everybody!  A lot of options here.  I'll definitely check them all out.

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Reks

• Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

Open Broadcaster Software for streams / recording if I want, CamStudio for recording. Both free!
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Andrew

I ended-up going with Open Broadcaster Software, and I already recorded a match!  I will be posting it soon.

Gaignun

Barren, is that $300 price tag on Camtasia Studio a periodic license fee or a one-time payment?

Barren

It's now a one-time payment. Once you buy it whatever upgrade you get for the software is free
You dare cross blades with me?

Mudvayne

I use Hypercam 2, which is free. Then I edit the clips in movie maker, which is also free. Never had any issues with either of those programs though I can't say they're exactly the best (especially movie maker). I usually just do commentary over the matches instead of adding music since I always had problems trying to adjust the volume of the music low enough so you could still hear the commentating. YMMV