• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprites for fun

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, January 12, 2008, 01:55:16 pm

Cheetah

January 19, 2008, 01:52:29 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very nice Kuraudo! You did a great job with the cape, and the portrait looks very nice. I can only hope that with enough practice my skills will equal your's.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

January 19, 2008, 02:11:42 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
The sprite is awesome, but I think the portrait needs works... probably just the mouth, though I can't get grasp of it right now.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

trickstardude7

January 19, 2008, 02:38:40 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
I agree the sprite is amazing!! :D

Zozma

January 19, 2008, 03:19:58 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
Kuraudo thats great work! the the colors also look like they fit ingame with other sprites. i actually like this grey sprite
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 19, 2008, 04:03:14 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Thanks, guys!

Zodiac, I agree about the mouth, but I couldn't figure out how to make it look better.  I figure it at least looks like a mouth, and I can live with that.

Cheetah, you are doing awesome, too.  I need to copy some of your stuff onto my red mage so I can finish mine.

Zozma, I like the grey, too.  I can only hope bastard poetry like it because I tried a few different blue palettes.  He just ends up looking like Mega Man.  But I'll work with him to see what he can use.

Karsten, your full sprite is my current project.  I'd expect to see it up within a week or so.  I had to lose a couple of colors to limit it to 16.  I had 21 before.  It still looks good so far though.

karsten

January 19, 2008, 04:23:32 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Thanks, guys!

Zodiac, I agree about the mouth, but I couldn't figure out how to make it look better.  I figure it at least looks like a mouth, and I can live with that.

Cheetah, you are doing awesome, too.  I need to copy some of your stuff onto my red mage so I can finish mine.

Zozma, I like the grey, too.  I can only hope bastard poetry like it because I tried a few different blue palettes.  He just ends up looking like Mega Man.  But I'll work with him to see what he can use.

Karsten, your full sprite is my current project.  I'd expect to see it up within a week or so.  I had to lose a couple of colors to limit it to 16.  I had 21 before.  It still looks good so far though.

it's very kind from you, really. As soon as we have a full fledged sprite editor i'll finish my work on my personal patch! So far, beside my sprite, i need M/F red mages, M/F blue mages a berserker and maybe a bad ass looking samurai. :)

You guys are really nice and i'm incredibly proud to be hosting this project and having such nice people here!

thanks to all, karsten

PS: i was wondering if melonhead can help us figuring that sprite problem... after all he already proved his skill in delivering such a nice editor... anyone heard from him?

Bastard Poetry

January 19, 2008, 04:46:04 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
It does look fantastic! Utterly, wonderfully fantastic!

And, now that you mentioned how the blue was making him look like megaman, I'm thinking it will work the way it is afterall. My main reason for requesting some kind of bluish silver was because he would stand out better against certain terrain.. but thinking about it further has led me to believe that it will actually work BETTER to have him match the terrain.. for various editing sorcery. I won't go into details, but you'll find out why soon enough.

Let's leave it at this: Now that you're co-producing this video, I'll let you decide if he needs any adjustments later on, once you and I get into the messy work of it. For now, let's get that video up into your line of sight, then start planning our work on the next sequence.. which will be introducing ol' Pieke here!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Zozma

January 19, 2008, 05:39:16 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
one thing about playing with sprite colors is that each game uses certain shades of color.. it can look obviously out of place if you use the wrong shades. unlike the gray that looks good there ;).

to add to that, even if you use a palette from some other character and match the exact colors it might look out of place too.. an example could be that ive tried to take the color of ramza chapter2/3 's blue armor color and apply that to gaffgarions armor (trying to make him look like mr dk cecil from ff4 lol). the result was kind of like the mega man thing.. it just doesn't look right. on the flip side... i took the colors from ramza's chapter4 clothes and used them on Kletian and it looked pretty good. ( you can see a small glimpse of him in my "teta revenge" video i posted on the "palette colors" page too.

Bastard Poetry

January 19, 2008, 06:01:52 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Karuado, go ahead and work on Karsten's sprite. You're quite the popular chap around here, and it wasn't my intention to steal you from the rest of these guys! And I'd imagine your spare time is limited.

I've got an extremely busy schedule for the next few days, so work on the video will be delayed for awhile. When I get a chance, I'll type up that play-by-play for you. Then you'll be able to start working on any sequence that you feel like working on. I've got a few job interviews and such to take care of, and college starting on Tuesday, so my spare time is rather shot. But I am very excited to get back to work on this at any given opportunity, and I'm glad you're excited too.

Thank you again for the sprite, the dedication and the upcoming grunt work. Heh heh heh... ALL GLORY TO KANBABRIF!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Zozma

January 22, 2008, 02:50:48 am #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
blue choco! he can use Blizzard in addition to choco attack and choco esuna

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 23, 2008, 10:33:41 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Minor update for Karsten:

I'm about one third of the way done with your sprite.  I've been busy with work and Guitar Hero III, so it's been taking longer than I thought.  Should be done soon since I have some of the harder animations done and my palette colors set.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

January 24, 2008, 12:51:23 am #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu

karsten

January 24, 2008, 02:18:32 am #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Kuraudo Sutoraifu"Here you go Kar-daddy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/Powerguy500/Karsten.jpg

great! it kicks ass! can't wait for a sprite editor that supports attacks!

Cheetah

January 24, 2008, 03:19:02 am #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Looking good a very smooth replacement of the head, or at least that is what I assume you did. I keep trying to figure out a way around those attack animations but I'm out of ideas. I feel like it is a major stepping stone, and once we get past it there is going to be amazing progress.
Current Projects:

karsten

January 24, 2008, 03:56:54 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "Cheetah"Looking good a very smooth replacement of the head, or at least that is what I assume you did. I keep trying to figure out a way around those attack animations but I'm out of ideas. I feel like it is a major stepping stone, and once we get past it there is going to be amazing progress.

exactly my thought. i think that so far "ripping" the compressed part in hex from an original sprite, and substituting it to the edited one is the only way, even tought the arms appearing during the attack animation will look wrong i guess.

but i'm sure our Zodiac is working on it... also i wonder if zodiac and melonhead are in touch trying to figure this out...

Zozma

February 17, 2008, 04:49:06 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
this portrait.... you guys know theres a screwy sprite that matches it...?

its called KASANEM.SPR

go on use the sprite editor and give it another characters palette just to test it... i donno but of the priest guys he wouldve been the coolest looking one..

trickstardude7

March 11, 2008, 04:12:58 pm #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
hi ^_^ I don't know if people are still doing this but what do you think about making a pirate sprite  :?: I have a pretty good idea perhaps I should make a sketch for a portrait but ideas are open to anyone.

Zozma

March 11, 2008, 09:16:20 pm #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
im starting to wonder where did everyone go? there are usually alot of new posts on the subject every day but im not seeing it. i like the pirate idea as well.

Austin

March 11, 2008, 09:41:06 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
The pirate idea sounds kind of cool, but I don't really know how we could make them an original class like red mage or blue mage. When I try to think what skills it would have all I come up with is steal and maybe some squire abilities like accumulate or something. If we were going to do it maybe we could make it a beefed up thief-type special character that joins after a battle or something.

Xifanie

March 11, 2008, 10:28:12 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well Cheeta's away and I think someone else too but can't recall right now. I can't tell about the others though. I suppose our community is too small so they forget of its existence.

As for the pirate:
Water & Time skills
And stealing abilities.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful