• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:42:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Android project

Started by redafroz, December 22, 2015, 07:27:50 am

redafroz

Hey guys, first of all I'd like to say Hi as I just registered. So, hope you all doing well.

Now, the reason I did that is because these past months I've been learning how to program in Android and I'm about to upload a game to the store. In order to keep learning and improving my programming skills I've thought about making a FF Tactics style game for Android so here I am.

I'm gonna start programming soon which is my strongest point, but I'm not good with the graphics. I'm posting this here to see if there is anyone interested on helping me with anything: graphics, programming, ideas, whatever.

I would like to have a good base before starting, so I'll be doing my research for a few days before I start.

Thanks!

theultrawolf

I'm sure you could find a lot of people who could help you with ideas, both style-wise and story-wise, myself included; and I could definitely push myself to work on the graphics for something like that but you really need a team for something like that. What engine are you going to use for the game? Or are you going to make your own? Also, what kind of feel would you want for it? Would you want it to be similar story-wise and detail-wise to FFT, or just mimic its battle and party systems? I'd be very interested in working with someone in the nuances of such a thing, storyboarding especially since I'm an author, but at the same time you have to be familiar with the fact that such an undertaking will take months, if not years of your time, and then ask yourself if it's REALLY something you want to do. I would recommend working on a basic system first and previewing and then I'm sure many more people would be interested in helping you, seeing as there's many people who have posited similar ideas. But I'm here if you want to go over storyboards/basic programming/spriting elements.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Omega

I like AGRIAS + RAMZA TOO ;)
BANNED

Jogee

I have considered making a tactics game for android as well. I did not make it deep into learning android, however. I started hitting the planning phase and realized it is almost impossible to do alone. If you need help, sign me up!