• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:59 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kaedre's sprites

Started by Kaedre, November 14, 2012, 12:37:06 pm

Kaedre

Sorry for this delayed answer, Celdia.I thank you for the compliment, but i think there are some details that are missing here.
The hair shades can improve a bit on the right side, and the feathers and shoulders can be better too.
I still remember how Jimmy, Mobius and Lijj helped me with the male version. I need that kind of work but i can't do it for my self.
I hope that some of this gifted guys will be interested in this sprite, and can bring some light to this issue.

Lijj

January 28, 2013, 04:29:31 pm #61 Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:39:06 pm by Lijj
I see a few things I could improve. I'll edit this post soon.
EDIT, I got you another green and a separate color for the bandanna as well; edited throughout:
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaedre

Thank you, Lijj. What a fast answer!

I like it. Your version is more clean, definitely better. The portrait now looks more clear and coherent. d(^_^)b

I gonna try to add some shades in the hair above the bandana, and under the neck too.(In an attempting to draw her collarbones) And about the feathers, well... its a hard work make them to look realistics, but i will seek references for this somewhere. ¿(o_o)?

I am not at full activity right now, so i'll delay with my posts.
For now, i thank you again for your work and your time.

P.S: About the SPRITE sample... Do you think that can works like a definitive version?

Lijj

Yes I have just the thing you need:http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8536.0
The sprite I do like; the port too. looking real good imo.

MiKeMiTchi

Nice touch on the feathers. Keep up the good work, Kaedre!
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kaedre

For MikeMiTchi:

MiKeMiTchi

Nice. Reminiscent of my Doga sprite.
I have a secret "sprite" already, but thanks for posting it nevertheless. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

GeneralStrife

Why is this stickied? lol

Kaedre

To General Strife: Maybe i made a mistake while was editing a post. ¿(o_o)?
Whatever, it is solved.

Neophyte Ronin

Holy shit, it's the Blackram!

I don't suppose you've posted about what you'd like to do with your own sprites in a thread for your mod in general.  Also, there will be people who will swipe these puppies once they're done.  The Ranger, for instance, once completed, will breathe life into the concept.

Also, Treasure Finder could be reworked so that, after collecting the item, it still prevents you from getting hit by the trap afterwards.  That could be something that you can train in, instead of being Innate (so that enemy Hunters don't happen upon stuff like in FFT+ 1.01B).  It would require an ASM, but they've went and got a Blade Grasp switch, so....

Kaedre

I wrote this in my first post:
QuotePD: The reason i included the class features is because the better understanding of the concept allows better criticism of its visual aspect.

I didn't  have in count the technical issues about abilities. There will be new ASM and hack improvements, so i always considered to do some changes in the future.
For now, my priority are the sprites. Others modding stuff are only in conceptual-planning phase.
Of course, i will take note your advice about treasure finder, thank you Neophyte. d(=_=)

P.S: English is not my native language, what do you mean with blackram? ¿(o_o)?

Neophyte Ronin

The order of knights that Delita is (officially) affiliated with during the story.  Figured they'd be an order of black-cloaked knights.  He's working for the Templar, however.  The dark priest is definitely in line for what I had in mind for the Blackram in my patch.

Kaedre

Now i understand, what happens is that "black ram" is "black sheep" in my version of the game.
That's for what i not associated the term with Delita. (^-^)

thegreatruss

Amazing sprites! Cant wait to see the finished female sprite of the hunter. Really well done sprite!

Kaedre

April 19, 2013, 02:06:48 pm #74 Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:56:52 pm by Kaedre
NECROBUMP!
Kaedre is not dead!
Have all of you my regards.

At last i found some time and inspiration, and i am ready for add another contribution to this  forgotten thread.

This guy is a Faceless. A merciless assassin linked to the shadow's path.
I hope you like him like i do!

P.D: My Hunter class is still on hold because of conflicts in the concept .
P.D.D: Don't blame me. Blame my job or god.

CONMAN

hells yes! this is my kind of sprite!  keep it up!

Kaedre

April 26, 2013, 11:00:18 pm #76 Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:55:26 am by Kaedre
Well, i have an small preview of a maybe female version.
Actually, i don't have the motivation for work in it right now, but anyway, here it is.

P.S: The mimic mask is the winer here, i think the other heads are small in gameplay.

P.P.S: About the male portrait, i don't have any references to resort. So i guess is a work for someone better than me.

EDITED: Added new samples. (anbu style)

Kaedre

Finally, i managed to fulfill the concept: Mime mask + anbu style + long badass hair   (^_^)
Its kinda hard to do , but i like it, so is a time issue to get it done.

3lric

This is pretty awesome, hope you take the time to complete it

Kagebunji

Both Male and Female look awesome, Keadre. There is no crits to give about it, since everything is done correctly, heh. Good job man.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown