• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:31:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Resident evil 1.5, in the hands of a modding team

Started by GeneralStrife, October 31, 2012, 09:12:51 pm

GeneralStrife

15 years later imma playing 1.5
cant wait for them to finish their restoration

3lric

So, after also waiting 15 years and still to this day spending at least several hours a month researching and trying to hunt down Resident Evil 1.5, I get to play this "demo"... Keep in mind I'm a HUGE Resident Evil fan (at least 1-Code Veronica anyway)

I... well. What can I say. I tired Leon first, 10 seconds in, I climbed into a stack of 2 boxes and couldn't get back out. So I'm like "it's cool, I'll just shoot some birds" Leon reloads his gun and *click*... it doesn't shoot... Awesome

Reset

This time I choose Elza. Cool I got a knife, so I guess she has the harder campaign in this game? I run into 1 room, and find nothing but a bunch of "dead" zombies on the floor that won't stand and feel the wrath of my knife, so I leave. Walk into the only other room that I can. Hey look, a zombie, I run past, because, fuck the knife. As I run past, Elza stops and starts talking while the zombie keeps walking at her... Then it pans to what I believe is suppose to be the zombie, though it wasn't because he was already passed that point and knawing on my shoulder. Was this suppose to be a cutscene? LOL
I run into the closest door I see and then it's just a image of a staircase and I can't do anything... The End?

Not a bad start I guess, but I honestly thought it would be quite a bit further along than this with how the hype has been...
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

you have to use the debug menu, remember its a beta. press select in the menu and use the r and l buttons to cycle through all the items. also they plan on releasing a better more complete demo. also room jump by pressing c while running around, switch game areas with triangle while rooms are highlighted. while in the menu and cycling through items, use triangle to increase the ammo