• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:23 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] FFT: Plus Chat/discussion topic

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:26:52 pm

Sanguis

Yo!

I've been rather slow with this patch, due to a fairly busy schedule (study, work, study is not exactly an healthy life, I must say)

Anyway! I JUST made it into chapter two, after... a week. Yep. Slow. Though, I'm absolutely loving the harder experience so far and damn, that Algus fight was a bit difficult. Got unlucky with my Archer + Equip Armor Ramza, damned Algus kept breaking something in his first turn or so, but after three tries, done like dinner. While I haven't made a lot of progress, I can already say that this patch is incredible. It's not simply HARDER, but balanced. It forces you to think at least a little and unlike the classic FFT, you can't solo everything with a Two Swords Knight, heh.

Now, though, I'd like a bit of help. Rad, Alicia and the other one who's name I forgot. How useful/powerful they can be? I took a look at 'em and from my little knowledge, Rad seems like a sword-mage with an immensively dynamic kit, including basic spells from nearly all classes and the potential to deal damage with physical attacks as well. The two Onion Knights, well, I don't know. They have basic squire abilities, but the unique trait of equipping every item, well, I'm not sure if that's enough to sacrifice all the training I've made with my starting generic units to unlock their job and all and replace 'em with these new guys. Thoughts?

PS: Sorry if my english is a little rusty, it's not my main language and it has been a while since I last used it for... anything :P

Dome

Thanks for posting your feedback in the proper section :)
About Rad, Alicia and Lavian...yes, they are very good units
- Rad works great as hybrid unit, and has a very versatile skillset like you already said
- Alicia and Lavian are Squires (A class with a good skillset) on steroids, because the ability to equip everything is awesome (Earlygame when you can't afford much stuff, and lategame when you get all the awesome rare items)

And remember, you can just "feed" your generics to Rad, Alicia and Lavian to keep most of the unlocked abilities

P.s: Don't worry about your English, you are not the only non-native English speaker here  ;)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Sanguis

I..... might need to start over. LOL.

Call me dumb, but, I actually managed to lose Lavian in that stupid save-the-chocobo battle, after "feeding" (Also, by feed you meant to let them die, become crystals, pick it up with them and select; "Inherit Abilities", right? I'm seriously dumb if that wasn't it) her my dear Zed (one of my trained generics).

I blame Agrias for standing still doing nothing and the black goblins with their annoying revive skill.

3lric

Quote from: Sanguis on February 22, 2015, 06:52:16 pm
(Also, by feed you meant to let them die, become crystals, pick it up with them and select; "Inherit Abilities", right? I'm seriously dumb if that wasn't it)

Yes
  • Modding version: PSX

Sanguis

Good. I decided to carry on without Lavian anyways, right now, I'm at that town you save Mustadio for the first time, I forgot it's name.

Yet another question; when does the Fur Shop appears and is there an updated poach list anywhere?

Dome

It happears in ch3 like in the "vanilla" version
Sadly no, you have to use the FFTPatcher or discover it the hard way (Poaching every single monster...)

KingUrameshi

Just want to say great hack and alternative to that 1.3 craziness. Love what you did with Rad and he was super useful even late game (I gave him Gafgarion's sword, only seemed fitting). Gave Ramza Excalibur and White Magic so when the enemy had Counter Magic they would heal Ramza when he used Holy :cool:.

Wish the Onion Knights were more unique but can't deny the awesome power of Knights who can equip pretty much anything. This hack will probably be my go to game when I want to play FF Tactics instead of the original. Thanks and keep up the great work.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Dome

Quote from: KingUrameshi on February 28, 2015, 11:55:27 pm
This hack will probably be my go to game when I want to play FF Tactics instead of the original. Thanks and keep up the great work.

This makes me truly proud of my work :-)
Thank you for the kind words!

sanchezoe

Dome

Just started playing your patch last week-I'm liking every minute of it! I had one question I wanted to see if you could clarify for me. In random battles (I'm in ch. 1) there are times where my revive and haste spells always hit for 0%. Is this purposeful?

Thanks in advance and I want to thank you for helping me come back to one of my favorite games as if it was my first time playing it!

Wally

Dome

Welcome to FFH Wally, where all your dreams come true!
Glad you are enjoying the patch :-)
Sadly, I cannot help you unless you give me more details on your issue :-(

sanchezoe

Dome

thanks for the warm greetings! Would you give me an idea of what information I could add that would help you discern the issue?

Wally

Dome

Well, for example:
If it only happens during random battles, which abilities do not work, against which enemies, who's using it, if you are experiencing other bugs, on which emulator are you playing, and so on...
The more things you tell us, the easier will be for us to find/fix the issue

sanchezoe

Dome

Yes this makes sense. Ok so I have noticed it happening in random battles and during story mode quests.
I noticed it in weigraf/boco battle.
I use epsxe 1.9.25.
The abilities that show as 0 percent chance are the abilities such as the revive spell that squires have, haste, protect, and shell.
I downloaded your patch just recently-last week

If you need anymore clarification I will add whatever you need!

Wally

Dome

That was the first time you experienced the bug with these spells, or it was just the first time you used them?

3lric

All fixed.

Stick to .457 Tactext from now on, ya?

(Error was in OPEN.LZW. Fixed by correcting a few errors that were somehow in there. Also had to remove the Kanji used for the descriptions for the Sound Test. Reeeeaally don't think anyone is gonna miss that)

Feelie

Hey, that's great news, does that mean you guys will update now?

3lric

It's not my mod, but I would imagine that would be the case. You'd have to ask Dome.

Dome

Ofc I'm still going to update this. it just takes time (Mainly because I'm lazy. Good news is that I completed every MH4U quest so I should be able to find some time :P)

Sure Elric, thanks a lot. If you know the reason, can you explain what's wrong with the new tactext?

3lric

Man you are just now finishing? I beat almost all of em months ago and you were waaay ahead of me :P

The new tactext has errors and bugs, especially when it comes to quickedit. It would be much easier to just take my word for it than to try to explain the exact issues ;)

There is a reason all my patches use .482/.483 for FFTP & orgASM. And .457 for Tactext :P