• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:14:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTA2 Redesigned (Rebalanced and Difficult Hack with new Jobs and Abilities)

Started by Rfh, August 22, 2015, 09:19:24 am

Madeen

Hello, I noticed some inconsistencies:

Books: - Urutan Annals displays Dreamhare 0 AP for Seer.
          - Edaroya Scriptures displays Fluid Magic 0 AP for Seer.
          - Enavia Chronicles & Mage Manual both teach Natural Selection to Scholar.

Templar: Havent tested them yet but, both Rasp and Soul Sphere do the exact same thing
            according to description... not only it's redundant but reducing MP isnt very useful
            to begin with :/

Dragon AI: Not sure how you intended to make this, but dragon only use dragon armor on
               themselves despite the fact it shows range when it is selected.
               Though I think dragon armor is VERY op and shouldnt be casted on others anyway...

That's it for now :)

Marche

Has anyone ever finished the Song in the Well Quest? The quest where there's four lamia's the main one keeps using night and humiliates my entire team.. Is it suppose to be that hard?

Quote from: Rfh on September 08, 2015, 01:00:46 pm
Yes, I can change it, but it will take me a lot of time. I like the loot system, what exactly don't you like?

My only gripe is the availability of even the basic classes' weapons for skill learning..
It's understandable for the other classes' weapons to be rare but I hope the basic jobs like soldier, warrior, archer, BM, WM and thief are available at the early game. Even just half of all the skills for each of those classes will be fine imo

Rfh

Quote from: Marche on September 09, 2015, 10:37:32 am
Has anyone ever finished the Song in the Well Quest? The quest where there's four lamia's the main one keeps using night and humiliates my entire team.. Is it suppose to be that hard?

My only gripe is the availability of even the basic classes' weapons for skill learning..
It's understandable for the other classes' weapons to be rare but I hope the basic jobs like soldier, warrior, archer, BM, WM and thief are available at the early game. Even just half of all the skills for each of those classes will be fine imo

Use Beastmaster's Toad Song. It should be very useful for this quest.

Quote from: Madeen on September 09, 2015, 10:13:59 am
Hello, I noticed some inconsistencies:

Books: - Urutan Annals displays Dreamhare 0 AP for Seer.
          - Edaroya Scriptures displays Fluid Magic 0 AP for Seer.
          - Enavia Chronicles & Mage Manual both teach Natural Selection to Scholar.

Templar: Havent tested them yet but, both Rasp and Soul Sphere do the exact same thing
            according to description... not only it's redundant but reducing MP isnt very useful
            to begin with :/

Dragon AI: Not sure how you intended to make this, but dragon only use dragon armor on
               themselves despite the fact it shows range when it is selected.
               Though I think dragon armor is VERY op and shouldnt be casted on others anyway...

That's it for now :)

Seer's dreamhare and natural selection is actually fixed.
Dragon Armor now only can cast on self.
Soul Sphere has more range and Rasp is AoE, but I will see if I can change Soul Sphere by another skill.
Fluid magic 0 mp... Are you sure?

Edit: Ok, I forgot I fixed the bug some days ago. Now it can be learned from Urutan Annals (earlier)
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Madeen

I said O AP not MP :p  on Edaroya Scriptures... this one is fixed too?
And thanks for the other fixes :)
Would be great to change soul sphere, I feel templar isnt an amazing job except for haste and maybe discipline? (forgot what it does)
Since you changed elemental blades from Gladiator to physical, I feel mage Bangaa dont have many options for magic anymore, and they didnt have that many in vanilla either.
And I love playing Bishop/Trickster.. though now Trickster lost a bit of value.

Edit: Thought I'd give some more feedback. I'm not complaining but, I feel a little disappointed about Vikings.  You left them thunder spells while Seeqs arent very good at magic.  I guess Thundaga is fine, but thunder and thundara are quite useless I think.
I'd suggest either make thunder/thundara physical skills (and not ranged) or give more magic skills to Seeqs and improve Vikings's magic growth a little.
If I remember correctly, beside thunder spells, only Haunting Vision is magical for Seeqs...

Rfh

Quote from: Madeen on September 09, 2015, 01:49:21 pm
I said O AP not MP :p  on Edaroya Scriptures... this one is fixed too?
And thanks for the other fixes :)
Would be great to change soul sphere, I feel templar isnt an amazing job except for haste and maybe discipline? (forgot what it does)
Since you changed elemental blades from Gladiator to physical, I feel mage Bangaa dont have many options for magic anymore, and they didnt have that many in vanilla either.
And I love playing Bishop/Trickster.. though now Trickster lost a bit of value.

Edit: Thought I'd give some more feedback. I'm not complaining but, I feel a little disappointed about Vikings.  You left them thunder spells while Seeqs arent very good at magic.  I guess Thundaga is fine, but thunder and thundara are quite useless I think.
I'd suggest either make thunder/thundara physical skills (and not ranged) or give more magic skills to Seeqs and improve Vikings's magic growth a little.
If I remember correctly, beside thunder spells, only Haunting Vision is magical for Seeqs...

It's already fixed in the new update, see in the guide the new templar skills, and I also raised the MP growth of viking to 10.
The new update is posted in the main post. Illusionist has a new skillset because all of his old skills are really boring, the skills are the same with different element.
I also finished the job skillset guide.

Remember to patch a fresh rom!

Jumza

Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Marche

Alright another update.. Rfh you should do a changelog of sorts that way we can keep track of changes :D

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 09, 2015, 05:45:46 pm
It's already fixed in the new update, see in the guide the new templar skills, and I also raised the MP growth of viking to 10.
The new update is posted in the main post. Illusionist has a new skillset because all of his old skills are really boring, the skills are the same with different element.
I also finished the job skillset guide.

Remember to patch a fresh rom!

Great thanks :D  You did well to change Illusionist, to be honest I found previous skills too weak to bother using.
may I ask what damage type are soul sphere and lifebreak?
And thanks for viking, a mage Seeq ought to be fun... now that I think about it, I think tsunami is magical too... and you'll leave thunder/thundara then?

Rfh

Quote from: Madeen on September 10, 2015, 12:48:49 am
may I ask what damage type are soul sphere and lifebreak?

Physical.
Quote from: Madeen on September 10, 2015, 12:48:49 am
And thanks for viking, a mage Seeq ought to be fun... now that I think about it, I think tsunami is magical too... and you'll leave thunder/thundara then?

Yes :)

Thanks to everyone, but hereinafter I will not have enough time to release a new updates unless until December... I'm very busy with my studies, but I will try release a new update if anyone finds a big bug.

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 10, 2015, 08:56:23 am
Physical.Yes :)

Thanks to everyone, but hereinafter I will not have enough time to release a new updates unless until December... I'm very busy with my studies, but I will try release a new update if anyone finds a big bug.

Alright so I wont bother learning them with my mage :)
You did a great job and I hope I wont find any big bug so you can concentrate on your studies, good luck with that eh :)

EDIT: Sorry but, Energy Restorer from Chill Rod isnt working. Displaying 0 AP (when you look at the weapon from the list) and Illusionist cant learn it :/

Rfh

I say in the guide that only Nu Mous can learn it. Hume illusionist cannot learn it. It displays 0 AP in the item guide, and it also happens with Gria Scathe, it's a bug I know since i release the first update but I don't know why occurs but it doesn't care. I you see Chill Rod with your Nu Mou you will see 990 AP and you can learn it without any problem.

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 10, 2015, 01:02:44 pm
I say in the guide that only Nu Mous can learn it. Hume illusionist cannot learn it. It displays 0 AP in the item guide, and it also happens with Gria Scathe, it's a bug I know since i release the first update but I don't know why occurs but it doesn't care. I you see Chill Rod with your Nu Mou you will see 990 AP and you can learn it without any problem.

Oh sorry I forgot it's Nu Mou only :/

Zaane

Managed to get a Sprite (the little blue fairy things) to use Angel Whisper on my blue mage, it said I learned it but then it didn't show up in the move list, I'm assuming its an ability that was removed for player use but for some reason still shows that you learned it.

Rfh

Quote from: Zaane on September 12, 2015, 10:31:24 am
Managed to get a Sprite (the little blue fairy things) to use Angel Whisper on my blue mage, it said I learned it but then it didn't show up in the move list, I'm assuming its an ability that was removed for player use but for some reason still shows that you learned it.

Ups, I forget uncheck "learnable by blue magick" on angel whisper, for this reason it shows this... The bug is already fixed.

Madeen

Umm.. I think you went a little overboard with Illua.  1k hp? Really? Cant even debuff her because of Impervious and she pretty much kills anyone in one hit, so yeah...
The following Neukhia battle is even worse, 2 Condemnations in a row, seriously?
No one can survive that.

Rfh

Have the ahrimans condemmnation? Sorry, I need fix it. Today I will release the new patch with the bugs fixed.

EDIT: Ok, Angel Whisper is fixed, and Ahrimans in this battle have Death Gaze and Glare instead of Condemnation. Illua has a little less HP.
I updated a new patch only with these changes in the main post.

chocolatemoose

Thanks, I was going to ask you about that - the difficulty on the Galleria random battle was near impossible because of it. Without a way to revive, Doom is really OP.

Similarly, I think I've seen Banshees use the Ultima scion in the Targ Woods random battle. Is that intentional too?

Rfh

Quote from: chocolatemoose on September 15, 2015, 01:28:30 pm
Thanks, I was going to ask you about that - the difficulty on the Galleria random battle was near impossible because of it. Without a way to revive, Doom is really OP.

Similarly, I think I've seen Banshees use the Ultima scion in the Targ Woods random battle. Is that intentional too?

Some random battles are extremely hard and only can be defeated at lategame, when you get very good abilities and gear. Then they will not be difficult.

Madeen

Quote from: Rfh on September 15, 2015, 06:00:17 am
Have the ahrimans condemmnation? Sorry, I need fix it. Today I will release the new patch with the bugs fixed.

EDIT: Ok, Angel Whisper is fixed, and Ahrimans in this battle have Death Gaze and Glare instead of Condemnation. Illua has a little less HP.
I updated a new patch only with these changes in the main post.

Thanks :)  Well condemnation wouldnt be so bad if it costed more MP... but since it's 10 or less they can spam it.

Madeen

Sorry for double posting, but an edit wouldnt be noticeable...

I know you disabled revive mechanics but, the revive *skill* is still in game from Survivor claws, and it's not learnable...
Maybe you could replace it?
Something magical would be great as physical classes already get plenty of skills :)