• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] A new enemy unit joins the brawl!

Started by Dome, March 06, 2012, 04:55:37 am

3lric

Is this a Unique unit?

A Generic Unit?

A Ranged Unit?

A Mage-Type unit?

• Modding version: PSX

TrueLight

Will this character be around the same level as the party?

3lric

Neophyte Ronin

Does this female supportive unit possess peculiar traits, such as inherent (i.e. always) Undead status?

Does she appear in Dolbodar Swamp (considering I scoured the poaching and monster location info in the Master's Guide and saw no mention of that location, period)?

Does she appear in Bervenia Volcano?

Will she possess horrifying new techniques that cause indiscriminate party wipes or otherwise wreck your day/life in the attempt to kill her?

Will the character possess abilities that are exclusive to enemies (e.g. Blade Grasp, either Teleport Ability, Blood Suck Job Command, All Magic Job Command, etc.)?

Is the character from the original story in some capacity?

If so, is it Valmifra?

If not, is it the unusual flower merchant from Zarghidas who resembles Aerith?

If not, is it an enemy fought previously seeking a rematch (e.g. Celia or Lede)?

Is this enemy devised completely from scratch?

Will it be a recurring adversary featured in various random encounters across the board?

Is it truly that necessary to feature a new goon without first addressing some of the other bugs and glitches discovered over the course of the current version?

Dome

March 10, 2012, 08:23:40 pm #44 Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:29:24 pm by Dome
Wow, so much questions XD
Ok, I'll reveal the details about the unit:

- You will find her only in the Deep Dungeon (So, she will always be at level 99) in the "Horror" floor
- She will have something like 70 Hp and the wall status (Each attack will deal 1 damage)
- 1 Move, 99 Jump, 7 Speed
- Immune to all statuses
- When her turn comes, she will use her only skill: (Still have to decide the name) it will 100% reset the CT of all your units
- Reaction: Counter flood (100 Br, but low stats...something around 10 PA and 10 MA)

Eheh, she is a bitch...she can't damage you, but still, you will hate her (Horror floor will be the "Zodiac beasts rematch" floor ;-)

P.s:
Quote from: Neophyte Ronin on March 10, 2012, 05:59:59 pm
Is it truly that necessary to feature a new goon without first addressing some of the other bugs and glitches discovered over the course of the current version?

Seriously, you should learn to read
"Bugfixes" is the first thing on the list, and there is a reason
Bugs are the main reason I work on new releases: I want FFT: Plus to be as bug-free as possible

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric

Nice, that sounds ALOT like the secret boss in Arc the Lad 1 on PSX  were you had to down 50 dungeon levels at Alalatos,
beat the nearly impossible boss, then climb the 50 levels back up... mmm goodtimes :D

Neophyte Ronin

QuoteSeriously, you should learn to read
"Bugfixes" is the first thing on the list

Kay Thanks.  I vomited up a few more bug/glitch discoveries for you, just now in fact.

It might be possible to drown the little rodent in Gravity Magic, provided of course there are no elemental nixing or absorption, because that would force you into thirty-five unit turns minimum just to ax her.  Just thinking about that makes me sick to my stomach.

@Elric: I purchased Arc the Lad recently, but offered it to my brother, who hasn't returned it yet, before I had a chance to play it.  Would it kill you to use a Spoiler tag?

3lric

March 11, 2012, 12:16:16 am #47 Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:27:44 am by Elric42
um yea dude totally sorry for spoiling something in a old game that I figured no one had cared to play,
I also didn't say how you get the dungeon or anything else that wasn't revealed in the game itself early on,
nor the character, who gets them, or how they are used.

What I said was no different than naming the last boss in the deep dungeon of vanilla FFT.
Or even mentioning that there is a deep dungeon for that matter.

I will totally make sure to never reference another old Tactics game again.

Dome

Quote from: Neophyte Ronin on March 10, 2012, 10:10:40 pm...because that would force you into thirty-five unit turns minimum just to ax her.  Just thinking about that makes me sick to my stomach...

Eheh
That's the DD I want...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"