• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

The Damned

(I need to restart my computer before I check on up the latest videos, but I'll preemptively say "Thanks, Barren".)

In the meantime, I forgot that I made a commentary for the five matches that were on page 176. So I'll post that now:

Hunh. I thought formerdeathcorps said that Quickening wouldn't work with Mime teams outside of weird conditions, but this match proved otherwise. As such, I'll have to rescind my commentary about reinoe's match versus Dokurider's team as opposed to the core concept of the team being unworkable and amend it to say that core concept is quite annoying to watch when it works. It would just seem that Dokurider's team was a terrible match-up in general and the Chemists never bothering to do Quickening at all just compounded the problem.

Holy shit at silentkaster's horrible luck in the first round though. That may be the single most one-sided round I can remember given that silentkaster's team basically did no damage outside of the Raise 2's, which got negated by Cursed Ring's inevitable resurrection. Seeing that many status abilities miss just hurt, especially since silentkaser's team got whittled to death rather than hit by train.

The second and third rounds showed that despite Quickening, the status that most of Stop Right There! has combined with the Berserk Samurai's sheer damage kinda shut things down if it gets through. It helps that Death Sentence kinda screws over the Mimes and that Item can't cure it. Also those backfired Mimic heals on the enemy Samurai and the ally Undead only hurt reinoe more.

Wow at that first round being basically over from the very first move. Not too surprising given how powerful Charm can be, but things sure snowballed extremely quickly from there against Macrame Pants. (No, I couldn't resist making an ice pun; I'd like to think it was a nice pun.)

Macrame Pants did considerably better in the second round, in part because the Archer went down (twice) before she was able to ever able to attempt Steal Heart. She also, for some reason, ran straight into a Ramuh when she didn't have to do so, which helped lead straight to one of her deaths. After that, things went back in forth for a bit, but Mimic Summons helped (this version of) Macrame Pants get the edge as it was no doubt intended.

The third round going to Ice Absorb wasn't that surprising given that Archer has positional advantage all round, which basically allowed her to pick off whoever she wanted. I don't think she got touched all round either. Still, it wasn't a total rout even with her pseudo-invincibility. I think Macrame Pants might have been able to win if the Bard had positioned himself better so that the Mime Mimic'd a Ramuh onto the map; instead he was slightly too far to the left and so she targeted off map, failing automatically. It's a shame given the A.I. is usually pretty good about targeting Mimics and that would have definitely killed Barren's Scholar, probably allowing Macrame Pants to come back and maybe even win (provided Bard didn't get Charmed again).

Said Mime also had a bout of bad luck that led to her death between getting hit by Armor Break and then not evading the subsequently fatal Grand Cross that hit her for her exact new HP total of 176. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Geez this was one-sided. It's not too surprising given I'd still say that Salty Rage has issues even if it's been improved, so this was more like a 4 vs. 3 off the bat in my opinion. Still, I turned my head for just a couple of seconds to look at my laptop and then turned back to see Otabo's two Thieves had Charmed half of Shintroy's team in the first round as their first actions. Yeah....

Double Charm is basically what took Shintroy out in both rounds alongside getting unlucky with Don't Act on the Berserk Geomancer, who literally never got attack at all. So there's nothing else to say about this.

There's not much to say about this either given the amount of damage formerdeathcorps tend to do. It was closer than I thought it was going to be, especially since Dokurider won the first round, partly because fdc's Monks took their sweet time in dispelling Seal Evil for some reason. Even after it got dispelled, both Ninja got taken care of before they could really do anything, leaving "only" the hard-hitting Monks, whose single-targeting attack couldn't save them, especially when they were ignoring Baba Yaga.

The other two rounds, especially the third round, went far differently just because the Ninja got to stay around much, much longer and thus wreak havoc with unavoidable Cover Fire. That General Winters Army got a bit unlucky and couldn't ever dodge the Monk's -ton skills is ultimately what got them killed since they were basically in Critical status or Dead for most of the match. Baba Yaga in particular didn't even get a move off in the third round until after the round and match had already been lost.

Despite how long this took given it was a rather even match, there's really nothing much to say about the fight itself. Given how evenly matched they were, I figured that Otabo would eventually lose just because his Priest wasn't as compatible as she could be with the rest of his team. So Raise 2 and especially Haste kept missing when she could have been spending those turns on other things like Stop. As it is, I'm actually surprised she hit as many Raise 2 as she did.

Beyond that, it was a pretty amusing match between hearing CT5Holy get the vapors over how fast Speed Bomb is and the A.I. doing its usual "helpful" thing of Jumping on a Sleeping comrade to make them wake up (dead).

Quote from: Reks on October 27, 2014, 11:39:53 pm
*is somewhat waiting for Damned's eventual essay post*

...But I already did the essay that CT5Holy "wanted". It's in my last post on this same page...or on the last page since this post is apparently the start of the next one; of course it would be.

Anyway, as for your question, Andante49 already answered it for the most part, but I can confirm that Jump is still non-elemental, which is part of the reason why I'm surprised that Dokurider's I Die to Demi 2 the Lancer never tried to jump on Barren's Thief during the few times he wasn't dead during their fight. Maybe it's changed (accidentally), but I doubt it; said Thief was probably too fast and the A.I. probably was more interested in healing itself with Grand Cross given that the Lancer's Jump is only Range 2, which is the same as the Spear and Grand Cross. Still, there's no reason not to try it out.

On that note, someone should probably still test to see if Ancient Sword's Petrify proc is higher than it is supposed to be. I'd test it, but...yeah; can't.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

Quote from: The Damned on October 28, 2014, 02:26:30 am
(I need to restart my computer before I check on up the latest videos, but I'll preemptively say "Thanks, Barren".)

In the meantime, I forgot that I made a commentary for the five matches that were on page 176. So I'll post that now:

Hunh. I thought formerdeathcorps said that Quickening wouldn't work with Mime teams outside of weird conditions, but this match proved otherwise. As such, I'll have to rescind my commentary about reinoe's match versus Dokurider's team as opposed to the core concept of the team being unworkable and amend it to say that core concept is quite annoying to watch when it works. It would just seem that Dokurider's team was a terrible match-up in general and the Chemists never bothering to do Quickening at all just compounded the problem.

Holy shit at silentkaster's horrible luck in the first round though. That may be the single most one-sided round I can remember given that silentkaster's team basically did no damage outside of the Raise 2's, which got negated by Cursed Ring's inevitable resurrection. Seeing that many status abilities miss just hurt, especially since silentkaser's team got whittled to death rather than hit by train.

The second and third rounds showed that despite Quickening, the status that most of Stop Right There! has combined with the Berserk Samurai's sheer damage kinda shut things down if it gets through. It helps that Death Sentence kinda screws over the Mimes and that Item can't cure it. Also those backfired Mimic heals on the enemy Samurai and the ally Undead only hurt reinoe more.

Wow at that first round being basically over from the very first move. Not too surprising given how powerful Charm can be, but things sure snowballed extremely quickly from there against Macrame Pants. (No, I couldn't resist making an ice pun; I'd like to think it was a nice pun.)

Macrame Pants did considerably better in the second round, in part because the Archer went down (twice) before she was able to ever able to attempt Steal Heart. She also, for some reason, ran straight into a Ramuh when she didn't have to do so, which helped lead straight to one of her deaths. After that, things went back in forth for a bit, but Mimic Summons helped (this version of) Macrame Pants get the edge as it was no doubt intended.

The third round going to Ice Absorb wasn't that surprising given that Archer has positional advantage all round, which basically allowed her to pick off whoever she wanted. I don't think she got touched all round either. Still, it wasn't a total rout even with her pseudo-invincibility. I think Macrame Pants might have been able to win if the Bard had positioned himself better so that the Mime Mimic'd a Ramuh onto the map; instead he was slightly too far to the left and so she targeted off map, failing automatically. It's a shame given the A.I. is usually pretty good about targeting Mimics and that would have definitely killed Barren's Scholar, probably allowing Macrame Pants to come back and maybe even win (provided Bard didn't get Charmed again).

Said Mime also had a bout of bad luck that led to her death between getting hit by Armor Break and then not evading the subsequently fatal Grand Cross that hit her for her exact new HP total of 176. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Geez this was one-sided. It's not too surprising given I'd still say that Salty Rage has issues even if it's been improved, so this was more like a 4 vs. 3 off the bat in my opinion. Still, I turned my head for just a couple of seconds to look at my laptop and then turned back to see Otabo's two Thieves had Charmed half of Shintroy's team in the first round as their first actions. Yeah....

Double Charm is basically what took Shintroy out in both rounds alongside getting unlucky with Don't Act on the Berserk Geomancer, who literally never got attack at all. So there's nothing else to say about this.

There's not much to say about this either given the amount of damage formerdeathcorps tend to do. It was closer than I thought it was going to be, especially since Dokurider won the first round, partly because fdc's Monks took their sweet time in dispelling Seal Evil for some reason. Even after it got dispelled, both Ninja got taken care of before they could really do anything, leaving "only" the hard-hitting Monks, whose single-targeting attack couldn't save them, especially when they were ignoring Baba Yaga.

The other two rounds, especially the third round, went far differently just because the Ninja got to stay around much, much longer and thus wreak havoc with unavoidable Cover Fire. That General Winters Army got a bit unlucky and couldn't ever dodge the Monk's -ton skills is ultimately what got them killed since they were basically in Critical status or Dead for most of the match. Baba Yaga in particular didn't even get a move off in the third round until after the round and match had already been lost.

Despite how long this took given it was a rather even match, there's really nothing much to say about the fight itself. Given how evenly matched they were, I figured that Otabo would eventually lose just because his Priest wasn't as compatible as she could be with the rest of his team. So Raise 2 and especially Haste kept missing when she could have been spending those turns on other things like Stop. As it is, I'm actually surprised she hit as many Raise 2 as she did.

Beyond that, it was a pretty amusing match between hearing CT5Holy get the vapors over how fast Speed Bomb is and the A.I. doing its usual "helpful" thing of Jumping on a Sleeping comrade to make them wake up (dead).

...But I already did the essay that CT5Holy "wanted". It's in my last post on this same page...or on the last page since this post is apparently the start of the next one; of course it would be.

Anyway, as for your question, Andante49 already answered it for the most part, but I can confirm that Jump is still non-elemental, which is part of the reason why I'm surprised that Dokurider's I Die to Demi 2 the Lancer never tried to jump on Barren's Thief during the few times he wasn't dead during their fight. Maybe it's changed (accidentally), but I doubt it; said Thief was probably too fast and the A.I. probably was more interested in healing itself with Grand Cross given that the Lancer's Jump is only Range 2, which is the same as the Spear and Grand Cross. Still, there's no reason not to try it out.

On that note, someone should probably still test to see if Ancient Sword's Petrify proc is higher than it is supposed to be. I'd test it, but...yeah; can't.

I'd meant on the latest matches :P

Though CT5's comment on 'Go write an essay' made me crack up far more than it should have
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Dokurider

This is a very good team, Andante49. I don't feel bad losing to you at all, even if this was my team's debut match. Excellent use of Spellbreaker and PA Save+Lorestribute combo. Feel kinda bad that Slow 2 didn't get CM'd like it was supposed to, but eh, them's the breaks.

Shintroy

October 28, 2014, 03:38:15 pm #3583 Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:29:23 pm by Shintroy
Great Match. Liked the distribute sage combo. Could've went wither way if it weren't for the knight singing at the end.

Starts off even then the lack of stopping power from The Damned's team starts to show. High PA from Battle Song didn't mean much since the units that benifited from it were melee units. Probably just a bad match up though. Otabo's teams had magical damage, melee and ranged physical damage, aoe and status effects versus a sandbag team with stacking PA. GG either way. Made it to the last round.

Can't wait to see a team of Mimes that can pull off wins without the use of Mimic. I don't think its possible due to their stats though. PA and MA are low even with gear and on top of that you have to sacrifice your support slot to use a weapon or martial arts to get anything out of melee attack.
I think 3 mimes and a sage with summoning magic would work. Stacking MA, talk skill x2 and an item bot mime would be something to see.
No 999s yet. Maybe next time.

That was an ordeal. Ultimately came down to RNG. Evenly matched. Teams seemed well executed. Would have to see them in different match ups to tell.

Outclassed. reinoe never got a chance to take a turn. Really not much to say about the match other than Truelight dominating with status.

When I was on the PC and fighting other teams with Barrows, there was one team I really wanted to see compete against another. All I remember is it having a bad ass Berserk, MA stacked, staff wielding female samurai. I'll edit this post when I find it.
------
Silentkaster's stop right there!" team. the samurai isn't berserked though. I remember her being berserked for some reason. Landing 300-400 damage staff attacks is something to talk about. Fought it with my Wild team and didn't like how she couldnt get past protect and defense up. It ultimately gave me the idea to make a 999 hitting unit to bypass tanking units.

I'd like to see silentkaster's team fight someone (besides me). I think an absorb team would be a good 3 game fight.
also requesting a rematch vs otabo's team. Barrows V vs Take 8 Steps
Some day my people will be free.

The Damned

(The -tons are actually PA-based, Shintroy, which is part of the only reason I lasted as long as I did given I didn't have as much range.)

Thanks for the videos, Barren. For the record, I know about Nurse making the A.I....questionable. It was just either that and chance him only getting off Balance once before fleeing for the rest of match since he has no healing otherwise or begrudingly giving him Nurse so he had Regen and at least some self-healing, which would benefit the Mime too. It's not exactly the best set-up, but at least keeps him in the game.

Speaking of which, this reminds me: my Monk on Church of the Atheists didn't have all three -tons because they're unfortunately still functionally the same and I only had JP enough for two; so I chose Meiton since my Archers can absorb that and Suiton since that's the least likely to be absorbed with the change to Defense Ring.

First and foremost, profound sadness at the continued lack of Counter Magic Ninjutsu. I am fairly certain, however, that it has transpired before; perhaps even relatively recently back in 1.38, though my memory can't be trusted. Still, Counter Magic on a Monk in general is a pretty novel idea and we got to see Counter Magic Spellbreaker, which I think I might have been an actual first.

Beyond that, this match as a whole was more even than I  thought it would be given that it took place on two maps that would I deem rather problematic. The second round may have been the most even round ever on that particular map. Dokurider's Paladin just had to Sing at the end rather than Grand Cross though--it's a shame given that Grand Cross would have caused things go to round three.

As it is, Andante49's is rather deviously set up and I'm surprised that the A.I. actually used Solution well. That may well be a first too.

Sigh. I figured I'd lose between Shell 2 likely being a bad idea, having less range and Sleep still lasting way too damn long; we should really make Sleep 40 CT or something. Honestly I'm surprised Otabo missed as many things as he did and that I won at Riovanes given his Archer started at the top of the stage and stayed up there. This was pretty close surprisingly, but unsurprisingly Counter Flood never triggered status and Critical Quick didn't trigger period since Critical only reactions hate me, so it just became kind of an exercise in inevitability especially when all of my Reactions didn't mean jack.

Still, the Mime didn't do as poorly as expected otherwise, only missing the Mime on two things and only backfiring twice and both of those things in the round that I won, so there's that at least I suppose. Also, as much as it backfired on me in this match, I'm still glad to see Reraise nerfed to not be instant. I should probably change up The Bitter End at least a bit, especially since Mystic Blade prevents him having any real offense. Every You Every Me might benefit from a bit of a change too though. Regardless, I'll let this team have one more match before I change things like with Church of the Atheists.

Hunh. Even as much as I warned Fenire that an all Mime team was basically just an exercise in masochism, he is definitely starting to give me a bit of competition as the most unlucky person around here. Secret Fist constantly triggering Dragon Spirit, which is the reason I was pushing for Death Sentence to both block Reactions and cancel Reraise? Check. Missing 80+% skills constantly? Check. Getting hit for obscene amounts of damages at relatively low odds? Check and double check between getting for increasingly large amounts of 700, 797 and then 840 at the very end as well.

Despite being such an unfortunately one-sided match, it was good to see this team of Shintroy fight again given this last team's fight against Otabo was also really one-sided, only against it.

*resists the urge to talk about how this match is evidence about Quickening's issues*

Despite the fact that I wouldn't agree that silentkaster's team is a "Really Terrible Team" in anything but name, I figured that Reks would (eventually) win this match. Neither team has damaging offensive AoE and everyone on Reks's team save for Poe was immune to the primary way that silentkaster's team wins: Death Sentence. So basically silentkaster had to rely on Charm and Berserk to win, which is what (slowly) happened in round two despite the fact that Marie had Finger Guard and they had no good way to down her otherwise. Meanwhile, while Death is still inaccurate, even with Faith status on against low Faith units, it being an outright OHKO was important, especially while the rest of Reks's team doesn't have their offense hampered against silentkaster save for Poe. I mean, sure, Ancient Sword Petrifying anyone was somewhat useless if a Monk (or Charmed Poe) was near them, but at least it briefly stopped them unlike Death Sentence activating on a unit that either had Dragon Spirit or Reraise the ability. Given I just talked about Death Sentence and Reraise statuses' wonky interaction that has sadly been that way since vanilla, however, I'm not going to rehash that.

Even though the match went on quite a while because of all those instances of Reraise for silentkaster, there really isn't much else to say beyond "congrats Reks".

Actually, I suppose I can conclude by also briefly commenting on the Petrify eliminating Death Sentence thing. That's been around since vanilla, but, yeah, it extremely rarely ever happens for one reason or another, partly because the A.I. tends to ignore Death Sentence units and partly because a player wouldn't bother Petrifying a Death Sentenced unit in most cases. I suppose it makes sense though given that Petrify is a form of KO and Death Sentence leads to KO, so Petrify is essentially fulfilling Death Sentence's only effect.

That said, this is why I think it would be fine if Petrify also canceled Reraise, but I can understand if FFMaster wouldn't want to do that. [/propaganda]

There's unfortunately nothing at all to say about the actual match since poor reinoe got steamrolled, which is a shame because I actually think his team is designed pretty well. It's just pretty impossible to come back from Mimic Daravon hitting half of your team, especially at once, since Sleep lasts too damn long still as I've already said. This is why I've been saying for a while that either Mimic Daravon or Sleep status or both needs to be nerfed in some way; Sleep the spell really did need a buff compared to Paralyze though. I like Mediator as much as the next person, but I never exactly bought the argument that Mediator needs Mimic Daravon to be an AoE to be "threatening", especially when it gets Insult and Death Sentence; sure, both of those can backfire, but it's a support class and both of those statuses are rather lethal if used properly. It's not like Blackmail or the new Stall is in an AoE since that would just as ridiculous as the current Mimic Daravon, which might be fine in an AoE if it weren't instant and basically unavoidable.

As I said, though, that's less about the match than about Balance Thread issues in general, just like how I could talk about how despite also liking Stop the spell, I don't understand why it was buffed quite as much as it was, but meh. Maybe next match Lady Luck won't hate reinoe quite as much as she has been lately regardless.

GG Otabo.

P.S. It would seem that we discovered a glitch with Defending status. I wonder if that's a Mime-only glitch though; it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Regardless, it seems reminiscent of the old Oil glitch actually....

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

So, I've got Arena up and running just fine.

Give me a few days to fine tune Cam Studio, and I'll try uploading a practice video to test and see if my internet can handle it well.

Don't spam me with requests just yet, I need to make sure it'll even work.

silentkaster

This may not be the place for this, but I noticed that chakra band wasn't protecting against petrify (which I believe it should according to the master guide.) before I update my team, I want to see if it is supposed to or not.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Otabo

Andante49

Great match, thought it was over with the double-kill Southern Cross. The Scholar coming back twice had me biting my nails the whole way. Really scary team you've got there, GG Reks.

Reks

Yay, Holy was -and still is- terrifying. And that was a truly scary number from those Southern Crosses. Heck, even the sword swings were deadly. GG Andante~

Shintroy

November 01, 2014, 02:04:08 am #3590 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:32:38 am by Shintroy
GG. Think it came down to speed and status. Oil immunity being the biggest factor.  Made.that ninja useless.

That's what I get for keeping draw out on Karil. Ahrim stuck in sandbag mode from turn 1. GGnore.

Fenire

Great match. I was on the edge of my seat all rounds 2&3 ... till the oracle that just wouldn't die. Loved the geomancer.He was death walking. GG

Barren

those holys did some nice damage with faith at least. and the samurai did 260+ damage. I like it I like it. GG Damned

I also realized that having two items that boost holy is redundant. Time to make a slight change
You dare cross blades with me?

Otabo

I love it so much when my teams don't target the mages until last. -_- That geomancer's damage, though.

By the way, if anyone doesn't mind, could my Futuristic Frannies get a match or two? Them and perhaps Talk Dirty to Me.

Shintroy

November 01, 2014, 03:39:01 pm #3596 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 04:02:22 pm by Shintroy
Would enjoy watching a rematch with both teams kinks worked out.  MVP is obviously the spear samurai. It will be a shame when he gets stuck in perma sandbag mode with his 90 Murasames. I think the Damned had a chance 2nd round. Basic Skill, 90 Nurse, Sing, and phoenix down kept him from doing any offense at times. I think a Squire, Mime, Archer team would work. Would benefit more from PA Boosting and the Mime or Squire could have better reviving skills like Raise 2. Fun theme to mess with.

Most annoying Lancer I've ever seen and ever will see. Female Geomancer hitting a 200 300 with berserk dual slashers. Two longest round in 139? That was an ordeal. GJ Reinoe.

Otabo

November 01, 2014, 04:40:03 pm #3597 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:45:48 pm by Otabo
Thanks, TrueLight for the match.

Lots of status being thrown everywhere by both teams, but moreso by reinoe's team. At first, I thought that reinoe's speed advantage would give him the win, but then, yeah, Cursed Ring randomness. Although Fran couldn't hit a charm to save her life, I think both Frannie and Francesca had things under control with their white magic/talk skill/time magic/chivalry support, and reinoe's team did a good job of keeping Francine away from them - for a while, anyway; she's actually a terror if she gets to 100 fury and not kept in check. Shame she got her Salty Rage stolen, but thems the breaks, I guess. I might switch out Two Swords for Two Hands and see what she does with it. GG.

The Damned

November 02, 2014, 05:08:16 am #3598 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:14:57 am by The Damned
(So apparently "Chantage" means "blackmail" in French. Hunh.)

Thanks for the matches, TrueLight, even if mine was rather a foregone conclusion just due to Anahita. Thanks for the other match, Otabo, though I would need to watch it and all the matches on page 175 again if I was going to comment on them.

Yeah...severe disadvantage for an already obviously crappy team, I figured I would get curbstomped just due to Anahita despite Sister Abigail being vulnerable to Silence. I didn't even finish watching it since having only a 16% chance to hit the former was...yeah. No way I'm winning that; fortunately reminded myself to go back and "like" the video at least.

Hmmm...I doubt anything can be done to save the team, though I did expect it to suck; I guess here is the part where I blame formerdeathcorps despite deliberately warping what he meant. Still, I "worry" about Silencer for the same reason I worry about Bizen Boat the katana, even with the WP boost the latter got. Oh well. I can at least scrap the team for now and see if I can make something that maybe makes use of a Crossbow that isn't Hunting Bow or Poison Bow.

Anyway, gg Barren. Shame I wasn't more a challenge (as per usual).

Shintroy's newer version of this team did much better this time: they actually got to attack! They even took a round, though admittedly it was on one of the longest maps in the game, which allowed Otabo's team to effectively hang itself with all its movement given how much the Geomancer was (randomly) hitting for. That 854 to the back of the Undead Thief's head was glorious.

His team might have even been able to win the match as a whole had the axe shot on the Mediator in the first round generated enough damage to kill her or if he had gotten less unlucky against Repel Knife or Talk Skill. Repel Knife's proc chance probably needs to be slightly lowered anyway though; 33% seems like it would be still, but actually fair. Still, quite a good match, especially since I was expecting it to still be rather one-sided in Otabo's favor admittedly.

Ugh. This fight lasted twice as long as it "needed" to because of the absolutely life-affirming combination that is still Quickening & Cursed Ring despite the latter's needed nerf. reinoe might have won  round two at least if his Lancer wasn't doing such oddly low damage given how long said Lancer stayed up. As it was, the Lancer was pretty dead weight against Team Fran and the Undead Mediator wasn't much better, though for Team Fran's part, this also took so long because only the Geomancer does a significant amount of damage and she's rather limited by the Berserk A.I.

That said, I do feel rather bad that reinoe's luck finally starts to kick in during the one fight he effectively already lost.

(Also, I'm not going to lie: I totally read Otabo's team names as Futuristic Fannies the first time I looked at it. That was...yeah. [/eloquent tonight])

I still need to see if I can get recording again, though realistically, even if I stop being so damn lazy about that, I probably won't know until after Tuesday due to still needing to do absentee voting. So many damn measures to research. Ugh.

In the meantime, if I may ask a favor, then I would quite appreciate a match against reinoe so long as it's not our two Fire-absorb teams fighting. Thanks regardless.

silentkaster

You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.