• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:10:27 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

Wolfran

March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:58:51 am by Wolfran
Basically I want an opinion to improve it....[attachment=1:3ovunu4b]wk.bmp[/attachment:3ovunu4b]
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Post bigger version, then we can talk.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Interesting, the gold on the ears is a little strange looking, but it's a fair sprite otherwise. My biggest suggestion is to make sure the face and the armor are different colors--it's too confusing otherwise.

Kagebunji

I will probably wait till tomorrow if you were to resize it.

Ok, first of all, the head is too big and it doesn't resemble a human at all, I understand it is s'posed to be his helm ,b ut make it look more like this kind of helm, and show his face:

Secondly, he is not different enough from Dark Knight, change legs arms torso, anything you like, just make it less like DK.

Like Mav said, gold trim at ears is not working, use just those gray/black shades instead of gold.

Good luck.

Wolfran

You say something like this...[attachment=0:28oyzhhn]wk.5.bmp[/attachment:28oyzhhn]

mav

Much better, in my opinion. An easy way to improve this sprite is too give it some contrast between the shades of gray, and replace the brown on the arms with something a little easier to see. If you can also add a teeny bit more shadow on the middle of the helmet, you'll be right on track. Great improvements.

Jon

Nice! Looks like the FF5 Beserker :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Wolfran

What about this...[attachment=0:3178dyu1]wk.6.bmp[/attachment:3178dyu1]

Kagebunji

Now it looks great, continue with whole sheet. I am more than sure that this is not your first contact with sprites. Or you are son of Smash or something :P

Boxiii

Looks great, I'm interested to see how the full sheet would look. And the skillset following this class if you are going that far.

mav

Great work--this looks fantastic. Continue posting updates, please. And Jon was spot on--this definitely resembles FFV's Berserker.

Wolfran

Jajaja this is my second Sprite and isn't so great, and anything is better than the FFV's Berserk  :mrgreen:

Jon

Haha, anything you say? What about the Elementalist, they suck. And the Bard >_> Well nevermind, this is really your 2nd sprite with no experience before-hand? Really?? You have some major skill then if that is the case. Keep up with the Wolf Knight who looks like FF5 Beserker, I am interested in seeing how this comes along :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Wolfran

No time + Endless wekeend = this... [attachment=0:3haoqyxr]wk.8.bmp[/attachment:3haoqyxr]

Kagebunji

Looks like few posts were deleted, IMO it looks good, but this last frame looks like he is preparing for jump, I dunno if this was meant to be like this or it was an accident. Just be sure to not give him green eyes like thou did earlier :P

Wolfran

The last sprite was just a pain in the ass, but the boots I will change in a couple days and never again green eyes. Jajajajaja

mav

Are the boots custom or something? The helmet on the forward facing frame looks way too big and the pants look kind of weird. The arms on the final frame look strange too.

jimmyjw88

Interesting sprite. Looking forward.

EDIT: Probably due to the removal of the waist plate.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "mav"The helmet on the forward facing frame looks way too big

You should have seen the first version of this frame then if you say it is way too big ;)

DeadManWalking

Looking at it from the front it somehow the head reminds me of Dagoth Ur from Morrowind...