• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[Old] Yet another problem

Started by Kokojo, September 01, 2010, 08:46:18 pm

Kokojo

September 01, 2010, 08:46:18 pm Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:06:24 am by Kokojo

So, while transfering to chapter 2, I spotted some (ok, major) problems...

1: Lysay will wield Gospel old equipement
2: Lysay will have the player name (or gospel, like here)
3: Don't mind the duplicate Lysay and gafgarion and a lot of units : they should not be there, and it's because of my testing that they are.

I wanted to suggest that :
1: We should not care, since beside axes, they can both wield many things.
2: If I can't find a solution, il just have the initial ''Gospel'' to be ''PlayerName'' and keep it like that for the 3 heroes. It won't affect the script at all.

What do you say?
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Gotwald

I have a problem.

I WANNA BE GOSPEL

Other than that, you could always make Lysay and gospel have access to the same equipment, just for simplicity.

ANNDDDDD, Could you not have Gospel leave (or is that impossible to make the main character leave?) and add Lysay.

Failing that, could you just make it so that Gospel and Lysay have forced names instead of the primary character name? Like, the name you choose only affects your save, not the actual name of the character? Or at least skip the name process anyway...
-- Attention Citizens, this is the Computer. 2 + 2 now equals 3.9999238849009985. Please recalibrate your equipment.

My youtube Channel
My 1.3 Playthough (Complete)
My Final fantasy I Blind playthrough

Kokojo

Well,
GOSPEL LEAVES AT THE END OF CHAPTER 1,
so I guess it's normal that you can't be him anymore... but you will meet him later (and if I ever get to chapter 4, play with him)

I cannot find a solution to get rid of the name selection screen, but if I could, I could suggest either ''PlayerName'' or ''Current Hero'' to make the thing more fun/plausible. Of course they would have their name over their normal one, but It won't affect gameplay...

I cannot force name on individual heroes, since they use the ramza slots.

Dome

Use different patches for every chapter (1 patch for chapter1, 1 for chapter 2 and so on)
In this way, you can change the name and the equipment easily (Lysay should have his own and his own abilities)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SilvasRuin

Is it possible to just take "Ramza" out of the party, or does that break the game?  Similarly, would it be possible to designate "Ramza" a guest to make him unusable?

Pride

You can remove the Ramza character from the party and the unit in the second slot will become the new party leader, taking over Ramza's duties.

Edit- To clarify, I haven't tested this. But I"m basing it off of this post by Zodiac: viewtopic.php?p=109465#p109465 which points to it being possible to replace Ramza and have another unit take over the spot. Unless, of course, I'm misunderstanding what's being said.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Kokojo

I tried many ways I can't still find a solution... I guess this is it.

Durbs

Wait... you're stopping because of this? Tactext has Ramza_Ramza_Ramza under names, one for Ch1, one for Ch2-3, and one for Ch4, meaning a name change is simple. FFTPatcher has the same thing. You can completely re-do the skillset, job class stats, and equips for each individual chapter.

Kokojo

It does not work like that once implanted, the player choice > Ramza's used name.

But do not fear, I found the solution.

mav

As long as you've found a solution, we're happy.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Durbs

Quote from: mav on April 03, 2011, 06:02:41 pm
As long as you've found a solution, we're happy.

I fourth that.