• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:45:41 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Shintroy

Brutal. Definitely a bad match up for my units. Two item units against lore? No chance in coming back for my team, and no reason for the mime to have faith since there's no magic on my team. RIP. GG Andrew.Definitely would've been interesting on a small stage, but I don't think it would've matter since the 3rd map is a medium stage. No need to drag out a loss for a one time team.

Some day my people will be free.

dw6561

Good match. I never realized those fairies were only 70%? The time mage used to have white magic but we needed a way to restore MP. As for the actual match, I have no idea why Chickening was always going for refute. She was never targeted, so she couldn't use balance very often and when she could, she was innocent. Though that last stand in round 1 was awesome, that was the whole point of the chantage. But we definitely needed a way to restore MP and revive that's not on a 296 HP time mage.

Andrew, your team was fantastic. The innocent procs really screwed up my game plan. GG and hope you keep up your good win record.

Also, Decap proc missing? I wasn't aware that ePSXe was that bad. I use it and it's never given me anything noticeable to go on.
  • Modding version: PSX
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Andrew

As always, thanks for taking the time to record matches.  I love listening to what you and Barren have to say about team synergy.

Your team has the elements that can take down my team very easily... Steal Heart, breaks, Steal Accessory, Draw Out, Talk Skill.  A combination of luck and silly enemy AI is what allowed me to win.  I think if your mediator didn't have Refute, in conjunction with your Samurai and those charms, you could have put me down, especially in round one.  You got that Steal Accessory off early on my archer, something I honestly didn't expect to happen (even though it makes sense that it DID happen, heh).  If some timely Mimic Daravons followed that... I don't think I could have recovered.  And, if something similar happened in the following round... yeah.

One thing I didn't think of when I was working those archers in there were the charmed Innocent procs on my own paladins.  That can actually prove to be pretty beneficial, and since the paladins are so tanky, I would gladly welcome at least one proc before my archers die/get their Charm dispelled.  I feel that the Atheist Bow is a little bit strong, as evident against your casters, and maybe it should be toned-down to 40% with... 13 WP?  Hmm....

Yeah, that was something I've seen happen TWICE when I was running test matches of my own.  I use PCSXR, so it's definitely not a bug that's solely associated with ePSXe.  I just figured that maybe the formula Decapitate uses can't make it land 100% of the time in every situation?  Maybe it has a 1% chance to miss?  I don't know.  I'm not that salty about it, but that's the third time I've seen it miss... it's certainly unexpected each time it happens, heh.

It was a fun match, dw6561... you're a good team builder, and I'd be afraid to fight What is This Nonsense? again, especially if you remove that mediator's Refute...!

Barren

Quick heads up I'm going to upload a series of matches featuring dw6561 three newest teams later tonight. So DW stay tuned
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

Quote from: CT5Holy on October 04, 2015, 01:49:05 am
Corosar (Galaxtia) vs silentkaster (Bottom 4)
Andrew (Unlikely Pairings, ep. 4) vs dw6561 (What is This Nonsense?)

Damn the back and forth of the first round was so awesome! i loved just how close that got! Great match Silentkaster and thank you CT5Holy for hosting i loved seeing that turn out like it did!!!
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

The berserk on the chiri-spamming geomancer is probably what helped us win this one. Especially since the Monk was immune to blind. Speaking of chiri, how did it keep punching through my team's mega evasion? RNG is really bad sometimes.

I'll have to see what I can do about my thief's MP pool. He has too much evade to heal from Grand Cross reliably, and I wanted nurse to compliment his already high evade. But yes, he could probably gain Move-MP Up if I can clear enough JP for it.

Wow, complete slaughter in round one. I really thought I had round 2, then it just completely turned around! I think it was the poison procs since we rely heavily on reraise, and also dropping the Samurai early on didn't help either. Round 3 was pretty much lost as soon as the samurai got dropped. I definitely need to check the accuracy of fairy or maybe tweak some compatability. That match was pretty epic though.

There was a lot of back and fourth going on here. Those Bahamuts scared the crap out of me but my team pulled through. That was a very petrifying match, I'll have to say. No seriously, I thought my faith almost backfired and was expecting a faith-fueled petrify from that oracle. Also the comet "Agh I'm charmed, I'm going to drop this giant comet thingy on my head now!" lol.

Also for anyone who hasn't played vanilla FFT in a while, "I'm Balk" is wearing the exact same equipment he wears at Bed Desert. Except that Blaze gun is well, actually the Fire gun instead of the ice one.

Thanks for the advice, it is very helpful. I'll see what I can do with Punch Art vs. Item. I didn't think about that.

I am okay with replacing H Bag with Kotetsu Knife on Love Boat, or maybe the reflect ring. But I don't want to replace the wizard staff on the other samurai. I originally had her as a squire with two hands and rainbow staff, but I realized she could be of more use as a samurai with that same set up but a Wizard Staff instead. Bottom line is, I wanted the crazy staff damage and not nessecarily just the draw out damage.

Also on Bread Heak, the spoonerism was definitely intentional. I was trying to make fun of stuff.
Chickening = play on words of Quickening
Love Boat = Steal Heart + Bizen Boat
Bread Heak = Head Break
Number 9001 = You know how often Time Mages are used. Although I could get away with a monk too, given how often those are used as well.

Wow that was a mouthful.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Corosar

Quote from: Barren on October 04, 2015, 08:19:21 pm
FFT Arena 1.39c - The dw6561 Triple Shot

Alot of good information for me to glean from this fight... noticed alot of weakness to status that i will need to counter. i think refute would work nicely for that ... i could change the basic skill of that oracle to talk skill or as you stated barren... perhaps white magic would be a good fit.. and the harps i was not too familiar with... now that i think about it i will see why i went for the rune sword over the harp ... i don't know why if its true... as for the flail... its my attempt to add strengthen dark element... i will have to look into that as well still great match and definately gives me ideas to improve
Time for a new season!

silentkaster

Thanks for the matches CT5 and Barren. Saw them but hard to comment as I've been on mobile a lot.

Well, it was fun to watch. Still, gonna have to look into changes. I am glad they did win once...that Round 1 with Corosar and Round 2 with dw was pretty epic.

Also, about the missed recap proc...wut? I have no explanation for that. Is that bugged too?
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Elmdork

My internet connection has been abysmal at best lately, so it's been a pain to watch everything, but I watched everything dammit! Welcome, Andrew, your teams have been a blast to watch and great job on the teams lately, DW! Sweet commentary from barren and ct5holy, also great music selection, TL. Have a few new team ideas, but for now "the raven king" has been untested since the mime change if someone wants to give that a go. 
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Andrew

Thanks for the compliment, Rouroni, and it's nice that you've got all caught-up with the videos.  The Raven King's mime looks like she can do some pretty effective mimicking... lots and lots of Chakra action, and those dances would be a pain to deal with!

Elmdork

October 07, 2015, 08:51:44 pm #4413 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:03:31 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Quote from: Andrew on October 07, 2015, 07:03:40 pm
Thanks for the compliment, Rouroni, and it's nice that you've got all caught-up with the videos.  The Raven King's mime looks like she can do some pretty effective mimicking... lots and lots of Chakra action, and those dances would be a pain to deal with!

We'll have to see. They're supposed to feel like the first fight against Elmdor, so I added last dance and a mime to better emulate stop bracelet. Probably the final edit, elmdor has his own kind of "blood suck" and works surprisingly well. Some time later I noticed it looks a bit like delay buster (huge fan BTW, ct5holy) almost too similar.. accidental, I swear, but it's not a common strategy so I feel okay about it. Thanks for taking the time to look at my team, Andrew. You must have been watching for a while before making teams, you're doing really well.

That was a seriously exciting match. I thought Krypt had that one in the bag after the first round. Surprised to see how well mimic spell gun worked out.. go figure. Has the weapon bug been dealt with or is this the exception? GG to the both of you, I enjoyed that.

I'll start by saying "I love those geomancers" they are definitely up there with my favourite configurations ever, that said, just a terrible match up for shintroy. Mudvayne's team did a great job of neutralizing well.. everything with a pulse.. and further proves: Oracles. Clutch. Games.

I was excited for this one. Both teams are well designed while being unique and interesting. Very surprised to see such a convincing victory in WkW's favor, but he's a talented designer and of course, oracles. Better luck next time TL!

Ooo grudge match time!! Surprised I managed to put up a fight at all, I was almost certain silentkaster would have submitted his SCC thief team in the S4 tournament, they're really that good. An entire team gets a double turn before I can complete one dance, just disgusting.

GG, my friend. I have always been a fan of the thieve's guild, and for good reason. They're at totally disgusting levels of dangerous and I'm glad to have somewhat put up a fight. I'm leaving the raven king as is, just wanted to see if they would do as intended, and they do. Just waaay too fast for them today.

THE DAMAGE! EVERYWHERE! DAMN!

Honestly had my money on DW, but RNG would have none of it. The guarded/counter magic holy was the big turning point in round 2 (right when things were going DW's way) and then that ninja faith upped the wrong dude. The battlefield soon filled with smoldering organic material.

Great job, corosar. Your baptism in flames have paid off, you're really becoming someone to watch out for. DW, you've been damn deadly since the first team you ever submitted, I always keep an eye out for your games. Awesome stuff from you both.

Great to see so much yin yang magic being thrown around, better yet to see how well it's being used. My respect to those who've used yin Yang in the past couple weeks.

The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Mudvayne

Hm might throw ultimus bow on both archers. Or atleast the male archer. I like the time magic on the female archer but the unit might be more effective as another PA stacked male with draw out. GG Shintroy.

TrueLight

I was really happy to see that Poison on my Paladin in the first round. Too bad he couldn't get too many turns after that to take advantage. The double Sleep in round two was GG for me. Yeah, I think that's enough matches for this team. They were fun to watch, but awkward at times. Time to start building some new teams. GG.

Here's a quick match from me:

FFT Arena 1.39C - Corosar (Soul Squad) vs. Dw6561 (Tricks and Treat)

silentkaster

When someone has time, can I see my thieves in action please? Thank you :)
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on October 08, 2015, 12:48:47 am
I was really happy to see that Poison on my Paladin in the first round. Too bad he couldn't get too many turns after that to take advantage. The double Sleep in round two was GG for me. Yeah, I think that's enough matches for this team. They were fun to watch, but awkward at times. Time to start building some new teams. GG.

Here's a quick match from me:

FFT Arena 1.39C - Corosar (Soul Squad) vs. Dw6561 (Tricks and Treat)

For the longest time that heavy hitting samurai scared me honestly.... especially during the second round with 500+ damage... though i did kinda find it humourous that big hat gets attacked with holy only for him to throw it back twicefold... or getting critted with that faith blade... it was a great match though kinda scared me alot but still good match!! thanks Truelight!
Time for a new season!

Shintroy

Melee vs anti undead

You did it Barren. Made my day.
Some day my people will be free.