• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:02 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

arbar99

I registered an account just to express my thanks (although the registration questions nearly got the best of me ;)

After the FFT games themselves, your chapter 1 patch has been the most engrossing game I've played in the last 10 years.

I think it's crazy admirable that you guys do this gratis on your spare time - so not to date myself too much, but mad props!

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Selius on June 16, 2014, 10:11:07 am
I am legitimately happy about having to replay chapter 1. I just wish I knew
if there's gonna be an easier way to learn Night Sword and Dark Sword because jesus christ that took a shitload of save state abuse to accomplish. We aren't meant to learn it there, are we? LOL

I didn't even know it was possible. Heck, I don't even know where there is. Darn these vague comments! I'm guessing it would be in the battle with Ganondorf and his minions as it is the only one that'd make remotely any sense. I was too busy trying to kill them before they did likewise to me. That battle is too dangerous.

Selius

Quote from: Pandemoniu on June 17, 2014, 08:24:11 am
I didn't even know it was possible. Heck, I don't even know where there is. Darn these vague comments! I'm guessing it would be in the battle with Ganondorf and his minions as it is the only one that'd make remotely any sense. I was too busy trying to kill them before they did likewise to me. That battle is too dangerous.

Yes, it's the Ganondorf + 2 minions fight. The ONLY way to learn night sword is through Mana Shield learned from Animist because they will never use Night Sword unless they can kill you with it and they are low on health. Learning Dark Sword requires you to get them to exactly 4 or 8 mp depending on which skeleton because one always has half mp. It's an absolute bitch to pull this off because you can never render them permanently out of the battle.

Pandemoniu

Quote from: Selius on June 18, 2014, 09:38:23 am
Yes, it's the Ganondorf + 2 minions fight. The ONLY way to learn night sword is through Mana Shield learned from Animist because they will never use Night Sword unless they can kill you with it and they are low on health. Learning Dark Sword requires you to get them to exactly 4 or 8 mp depending on which skeleton because one always has half mp. It's an absolute bitch to pull this off because you can never render them permanently out of the battle.

Wow, that certainly convoluted!  :shock:

Kudos on figuring out how to learn and for going about doing so. Though, considering the need to redo Chapter 1...

Personally, unlike with Ikanagi Shock, I think I'll 'til a later Chapter. Thank you for bringing it to my attention that it is possible to learn it.

blogness

Keep up the good work, everyone! The new material is refreshing to see.
OK, back to lurk mode!

3lric

Mini-Update:

Extra Chapter 1 events/marks/battles have been completed, Chapter 1 re-release is only currently
waiting on the Ganon sprite as well as whatever ASMs Choto hasn't fnished yet :D
  • Modding version: PSX

kyozo22

Quote from: Elric on July 06, 2014, 11:46:02 am
Mini-Update:

Extra Chapter 1 events/marks/battles have been completed, Chapter 1 re-release is only currently
waiting on the Ganon sprite as well as whatever ASMs Choto hasn't fnished yet :D

Excellent! Can't wait! :D
  • Modding version: WotL

skiploom188

Yay, so Chapter 1 won't be the same run you had thanks to mini-update!

I'm still hyped, sir.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

3lric

Would just like to mention that we are taking on new spriters for Jot5 if anyone is interested.
We still have some stuff that needs to be done for Ch2 and that department is the least finished
of all of them.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or find me on IRC.

Germ

3lric

The bulk of the work is done for Ch2 minus a few events and some ASMs.The main issue is the sprites. We desperately need more spriters as that is what we are the furthest behind in and its something that I simply cannot do myself.

Lijj

Damn dude! I just got so busy lately. As much as I'd like to.. I really can't help right now (working part-time even though it's closer to full; and getting a new team together for my game- working with a coder who actually does things). There is the possibility of getting some pixel artists from outside this community to help though. Maybe not the best possibility but since you have a lot to show already someone who like Tactics may volunteer to help.

Kagebunji

I was thinking about it myself recently too. Post some small preview of JoT5 on Pixelation for example and see if anyone volunteers. Can't hurt to try.

Lijj

Yeah for sure, couldn't hurt.. also on Deviant art. Lots of otaku pixel artists around on that site.

Zyrku

Hey, people, I wanted to help with the story, and I was thinking... How about a cameo of Geralt of Rivia, from The Witcher videogame series?
Of course if you aprove it, I'll do completelly myself the sprites and send them to you.
What do you think?

P.S.: If this commentary does not belongs to here, let me know.

Kagebunji

Hello Zyrku. The cameos and story are all planned out already, and we won't make any changes like that sadly. If you still want, you can help with spriting, PM Elric or me if you are interested.

3lric

UPDATE

Still waiting on sprites / new spriters.

I would try Deviant Art, however I do not have an account there, nor do I know anyone there :P
As I'm not an artist, I don't know how much a request from me would be worth.

Kagebunji

I think Lijj or Twinees have one? Perhaps they will have bigger chances :)

3lric

I'll talk to Twinees about it tonight.

Also, in a attempt to possibly drum up more spriters here. I'm going to release 2 more videos.
Both of these events are events that we are waiting on sprites for. So maybe doing this can
get some help in perhaps Frankenspriting some new ones.

These are the first two marks in a series of marks dedicated to CreepyPasta

The Killer

Tall and Thin

We are in dire need of sprites for Slenderman and Jeff the Killer. The portrait for
Slenderman is done, but that is all as of now.