• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

silentkaster

ShadowDragon, it might be best to try increasing her speed instead of her MA. For example, the thief hat and sprint shoes give her 10 speed which give her 25% more chances to cast frog (in exchange for 4% loss in accuracy) and maybe the faith rod...faith status would increase the accuracy more than the 2% the wizard rod provides. but that's just my opinion :)

About the matches...

Magic fest. Fun teams. Really came down to proccing and landing spells. Nuff said.

I totally didnt realize flee would override Move=0 but I think I will keep it that way at least for now. I did Move=0 so the CT resets to 20 and then the reraise loops happen more often but guess it wouldn't happen in this case. As for the match...yeah Wiznaibus and the undeads kept them in sandbag mode. It helped me this round since all the units could rez...it kept them busy. Wiznaibus really showed its strength on round 3 with that super long map. Round 1 was humorous but showed my team getting creamed before it could properly set up. Oh well...it was a good showing. GG Reinoe.

Quick match...overwhelming physical instant attacks do things!
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

ShadowDragon15

I threw on the Thief Hat and White robe to start. Speed and elemental resistance, and minus 4 MA.
Strategy is just magical.

Zotis

Ah yes, speed is a great idea!  Hmm.... thinks of something devious...

Reks

So, after a chat with Barren, I got an idea and now I'm back in.

And I do request a match. Team is Instruments of War. I don't mind the opponent.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Zotis

I'd be happy to face you with my new team Reks.  :D

Barren

March 12, 2014, 10:45:05 am #3105 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:37:20 pm by Barren
I was about to record it anyways so might as well get started

Here's the match

FFT Arena 1.38d - Reks (Instruments of War) vs Zotis (Excuse Me, Who Are You?)
You dare cross blades with me?

ShadowDragon15

What's the damage formula for harps?

Barren

Zotis

I just added flare at the last minute because I wanted to see how the AI would use it... I am going to remove it because I want the wizard to use fire for the oil to combo with the ninja's flail.  It was pretty disappointing that he just used flare all the time.

Barren

That's normally because the AI usually is optimized to go for the highest amount of damage possible most of the time. Flare is designed to be like a finishing move or if possible a OHKO move pending on the situation. A mage with high MA benefits with flare

Malroth

MA*WP but affected by Fury and Attack up not Faith and Magic attack Up

silentkaster

May I request a match please?

Otabo's Flying Dragons vs. Reinoe's Tanqz

Otabo

Quote from: silentkaster on March 12, 2014, 10:15:10 pm
May I request a match please?

Otabo's Flying Dragons vs. Reinoe's Tanqz

Funny that you ask for that team to be in a match because that team is actually the next to be scrapped. But, yeah - whoever wants to record this match, go right ahead. Regardless if they lose or win, they're gonna get scrapped anyways to make room for this new team I've got plans to introduce soonish. Besides, I haven't done anything to that team in so long, and really don't plan to. Consider it their farewell match. :D

reinoe

Quote from: Otabo on March 12, 2014, 10:56:27 pm
Funny that you ask for that team to be in a match because that team is actually the next to be scrapped. But, yeah - whoever wants to record this match, go right ahead. Regardless if they lose or win, they're gonna get scrapped anyways to make room for this new team I've got plans to introduce soonish. Besides, I haven't done anything to that team in so long, and really don't plan to. Consider it their farewell match. :D

Oh, ok!  As sideshow Bob once said, "I shall send you to heaven, before I send them to hell!".  I just need to switch out Chakra Band for Choice Band because I was drunk or something when I put that in there.  Who chooses Choice band?

EDIT: And fixed.  Remember, loneliness and cheeseburgers (and vodka) are a terrible mix.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

March 13, 2014, 01:52:37 am #3114 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:25:18 am by Rouroni Elmdor
Quote from: reinoe on March 12, 2014, 11:27:46 pm

EDIT: And fixed.  Remember, loneliness and cheeseburgers (and vodka) are a terrible mix.

well, looks like reinoe's hookin' for cheeseburgers

i really like those bards. i have a similar concept on the backburner but it involves bards singing. might i suggest running basic skill on them? with focus + heal, they'll spend idle turns (if that ever happens) giving themselves MA +1 and you have a more robust status defense, where your chemists couldn't deal with stop. i understand the steal accessory to deal with cursed ring, but squeezing seal evil in there somehow would fix everything. unyeilding seems unnecessary when this is a possibility and you can get auto potion instead.

really like the team, reks! straight forward, to the point strategy, no bullshit.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Reks

Derped and almost forgot to repost my team after I updated them.

Though it was there for fun before, Bards should now use quickening, and the Chemists have more tools and tricks.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

silentkaster

I missed your post, Barren. But yeah, I have played...only Blue, Red and Yellow though.

ShadowDragon15

It's been a quiet weekend, my friends.

reinoe

My dreams can come true!