• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:10:09 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Durbs

New cutscenes coming up shortly, guys, with a creative new twist on a battle that follows it! Look out for it!
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Can't wait! My internet had a cap currently, and I am unable to watch videos, but once it gets liften (on 10th), I will watch these and give input.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Kagebunji on November 08, 2011, 11:24:57 am
Can't wait! My internet had a cap currently, and I am unable to watch videos, but once it gets liften (on 10th), I will watch these and give input.

Awesome :mrgreen: I always love your input Kage, the next video i put up today will have Dante all fixed like :P

Durbs

November 10, 2011, 04:30:37 pm #63 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:34:53 pm by Durbs
Hey, Elric, a couple videos on the front page aren't working...

EDIT: Nevermind; it was wierd, but I was gettng errors for several of them.

3lric

November 11, 2011, 12:06:16 am #64 Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:18:03 am by Elric42
Hello everyone, we finally got a demo made, I've sent it to both Joseph Strife and Durbs for bug testing and so hopefully within the next 2 weeks once all the bugs are taken care and it is slightly more balanced, we will release a demo of chapter 1 to the general public. Stay Tuned!  :mrgreen:

Also new boss battle video right now, it is very unbalanced, and there are still some errors and other things i still need to work out

but none the less here it is:

This battle would be much further along but I've been working on worldmap stuff so that it will be easier to balance the game and such

-Elric42

Kagebunji

I forgot to write back about this, shit...

Wel, I am liking the events soo far, and since Dante's type is now fixed, I don't see much wrong. I still spot three thing that should, but not neccesarry, be changed(Dante's and Snake's portraits), and Link sprite improved. Now when Seph came in, I must say his coat is looking very flat. I will try to do at least one o these things once I get the time.

Good work guys, keep it up.

3lric

November 12, 2011, 05:42:01 pm #66 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:00:28 am by Elric42
Quote from: Kagebunji on November 12, 2011, 04:06:27 pm
I forgot to write back about this, shit...

Wel, I am liking the events soo far, and since Dante's type is now fixed, I don't see much wrong. I still spot three thing that should, but not neccesarry, be changed(Dante's and Snake's portraits), and Link sprite improved. Now when Seph came in, I must say his coat is looking very flat. I will try to do at least one o these things once I get the time.

Good work guys, keep it up.

Thank you Kage  :mrgreen: and yea I am still a bit red faced from messing up the whole Dante thing originally :P

How's that Zelda sprite looking?

3lric

6 New/Old Videos made public today, check em out and give us some feedback! We will have another uh.. different kind of event video up within the next 2 days so stay updated damnit ;)

-Elric42

Durbs

November 19, 2011, 10:45:15 pm #69 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:46:06 pm by Durbs
Quote from: Elric42 on November 19, 2011, 10:22:13 pm
uh.. different kind of event video up within the next 2 days so stay updated damnit ;)

Haha. And, btw, the music on the Barius areas is off, and I don't remember what we originally set it as.

3lric

November 19, 2011, 10:57:32 pm #70 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:00:50 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on November 19, 2011, 10:44:36 pm
You learn fast.

Thank you  :mrgreen: We try. Tho not as fast as i would like to on some things since there are still a few things that need to be learned to do and or make certain things happen, primarily with side quests

Quote from: Durbs on November 19, 2011, 10:45:15 pm
Haha. And, btw, the music on the Barius areas is off, and I don't remember what we originally set it as.

Lol Durbs is correct, I suck as selecting the right videos apparently :P and the correct ones are gone, i suppose i should also update the dorter video so
it's not so confusing having the Middle-Aged Man in Bariaus Valley with a different sprite. I will correct these errors within the next few days  :mrgreen:

Eternal

I'm going to make a suggestion here and say not to make it a patch at all. Your event skills are fine enough to make a series of episodes of this, methinks.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

3lric

November 20, 2011, 12:31:38 am #72 Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 12:37:29 am by Elric42
Quote from: Eternal248 on November 19, 2011, 11:58:11 pm
I'm going to make a suggestion here and say not to make it a patch at all. Your event skills are fine enough to make a series of episodes of this, methinks.

Thank you for the compliment Eternal  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That idea had occurred to me at one point, which you will probably notice once the next video comes up in a few days, event editing is incredibly easy (except EVTCHRS and the Unknown commands) and honestly the most time consuming part is getting the script and flow for each event worked out with my team so i can see it in my head and make it real, the latest one (werewolf event) took me a grand total of 4.5 hours after we got the script worked out and everything. But the main goal is to still have a very playable game. We already have a worldmap now and a subquest as well as quite a few fights so the patch will proceed.

But i had really thought of making some sort of short series with events in my free time as well ever since i first saw The Chronicles of Kanbabrif.

IF i do this it will most likely be after Chapter 1 is done and we are getting the story worked out for Chapter 2. So if you have any thoughts or ideas on this let me know as i would love to hear them  :mrgreen:
It's also something i would have to discuss with my team, because i can't do any of this without them, I just make the events and come up with a bit of story stuff, Durbs provides A LOT of the imagination behind it, among many other things.

Kagebunji

Definitly no. I hate the idea of making it some episode series. This should be a patch all the way.

Lucifer_zero

Quote from: Kagebunji on November 20, 2011, 08:41:58 am
Definitly no. I hate the idea of making it some episode series. This should be a patch all the way.

Me too ^^

But still, i would enjoy if it was a serie to... well... it surely my most expected hack right now.. ( losing only to one FF VI hack... )
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

3lric

November 21, 2011, 08:53:20 pm #75 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:55:56 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Kagebunji on November 20, 2011, 08:41:58 am

Lol no worries Kage, I wouldn't do that with this patch, but in the future it is something i might consider making for other characters with different story then this.
P.S. You were correct about the standing poses, I should've been using either 00, 01, or 02 instead of 06,07, or 08  :| haha, it will all be fixed and thank you for pointing
it out enough times for it to stick in my brain to get it fixed :D

Quote from: Lucifer_zero on November 20, 2011, 11:21:55 am
But still, i would enjoy if it was a serie to... well... it surely my most expected hack right now.. ( losing only to one FF VI hack... )

Thank you Lucifer_zero, the fact that people want to play this and see our updates is what keeps us going at the speed we are, after all it's the fans and people that play it that will make it flourish and grow  :mrgreen:

___________Also__________

We will have another video out tomorrow, that while it's not "part" of the patch it is still directly related to it. Tho it is directed towards the FFH Community rather then that patch itself, so be sure to check it out tomorrow!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

3lric

New video up in the first post. This video is directed toward the FFH community, so give it a look and if it interested you let us know  :mrgreen:

-Elric42

Eternal

November 22, 2011, 11:43:18 am #77 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:44:06 am by Eternal248
Got a very basic draft of Link's skillset so far:

LINK

1)   Fairy         Restores HP.
2)   Fairy Bottle      Add: Reraise
3)   Boomerang      Damage in a line, strikes twice.
4)   Magic Boomerang      Damage in a line, Add: Stop
5)   Bomb         Fire damage with 1 AoE.
6)   Deflect         Add: Protect/Shell on self.
7)   Blade Whirlwind      Weapon Damage around self.
8)   Zelda's Lullaby      Add: Sleep around self.
9)   Epona's Song      Add: Haste around self.
10)   Saria's Song      Cancels debuffs around self.
11)   Sun's Song      Restores MP around self.
12)   Song of Time      Add: Slow or Stop around self.
13)   Song of Storms      Wind/Thunder damage around self.
14)   Bombos         Deals heavy Fire damage to all enemies.
15)   Ether         Deals Ice damage to all enemies and may inflict Immobilize.
16)   Quake         Deals Earth damage to all enemies and may inflict Disable.

EDIT: Any objections to moving this to Progressing Patches?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

Good idea Et, but out idea was to have some use for the performing animation the Link sprite has, so we were thinking about giving him some abilities like bard/dancer ones, but yes, we could use some skill on this skillset you thought. I liked some of the abilities.

Quote from: Eternal248 on November 22, 2011, 11:43:18 am

Of course i'm all for it! :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

3lric

November 22, 2011, 11:54:13 am #79 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:57:13 am by Elric42
Quote from: Eternal248 on November 22, 2011, 11:43:18 am
Got a very basic draft of Link's skillset so far:

LINK

1)   Fairy         Restores HP.
2)   Fairy Bottle      Add: Reraise
3)   Boomerang      Damage in a line, strikes twice.
4)   Magic Boomerang      Damage in a line, Add: Stop
5)   Bomb         Fire damage with 1 AoE.
6)   Deflect         Add: Protect/Shell on self.
7)   Blade Whirlwind      Weapon Damage around self.
8)   Zelda's Lullaby      Add: Sleep around self.
9)   Epona's Song      Add: Haste around self.
10)   Saria's Song      Cancels debuffs around self.
11)   Sun's Song      Restores MP around self.
12)   Song of Time      Add: Slow or Stop around self.
13)   Song of Storms      Wind/Thunder damage around self.
14)   Bombos         Deals heavy Fire damage to all enemies.
15)   Ether         Deals Ice damage to all enemies and may inflict Immobilize.
16)   Quake         Deals Earth damage to all enemies and may inflict Disable.

These are great Eternal! This is actually a lot of what i had written for Link's skillset a while back, and you've given quite a few great new ideas here!

And progressing patches would be fine no problems there at all  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Joseph Strife on November 22, 2011, 11:48:54 am
Good idea Et, but out idea was to have some use for the performing animation the Link sprite has, so we were thinking about giving him some abilities like bard/dancer ones, but yes, we could use some skill on this skillset you thought. I liked some of the abilities.

This is correct tho i really like using those Songs from Ocarina of time, and his ideas on them are much better then the ones i had originally written  :mrgreen: . I was going to suggest a harp song only because I've just about beaten Skyward Sword, but that's to newish lol