• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:38:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Counter loop or infinite counter?

Started by ekaiser, May 30, 2019, 06:42:49 pm

ekaiser

Hello comunity its me again to ask for some help on this great game hacking adventure  :D , so to the question...can we have counter loop sistem?

Lets say each player can counter each other 2 times in one atack

a and b have "counter"

b atack a
a counter b
b counter a
a counter b
b counter a
end loop counter

or infinite counter to the dead, or the most "brave" to proc the last hit.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Not easily, but while it is a core mechanic in Disgaea, are you sure it would translate well in Tactics?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

ekaiser

No only well, also improve and make the game more dinamic and fast in some point, so if we apply this to counter magic we can have a duel of two magic caster (epic fire 4 explosions here and there) or summon casters (who had the last summon monster on field, may be an idea for yugioh theme "Card Duelist" class) until the dead i want to see that  :shock:

or just two Squire trowing stones each other for fun...to the dead  :shock:

3lric

Right, except in every battle outside of story battles and probably some story battles as well. Most enemies are above player level. So in many of those cases youd know you were going to lose the duel before it started.

ekaiser

May be in vanilla game,my moded game has counter relate not to damage instead to the countergrasp flag proc, make a counter even if hit-damage miss, but i have my game boost with c-ev, a-ev and m-ev ASMs so if kinda all like of luck each counter hit to evade this, i like when someone block and counter even when the enemy does that, feel more for dramatic impact efect   :cool:

3lric

I mean, I get that, but at least in my perspective it doesn't sound quite as fun. Since as soon as you engage an enemy, either you, or they, will die. I get that it makes the game faster, but the game is supposed to be about a bit of strategy.

To each their own though.

Nyzer

Not to mention how unbalanced it makes Counter compared to all other Reactions, or how it affects the melee/ranged/magic balance.

I mean... yeah, I guess you could make it work? But you'd pretty much have to dismantle every ability in the game to balance that.

FFT is just not set up to support this concept.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ekaiser

Hmmm right in some point i stop playing strategically  :cry: as you all say that will make counter op compare to all other reactions, minus counter tacle :lol: I will start other balanced fft moded iso... and for some reazon i trashed my moded iso when try to use the choto mime redesign (crashed in formation screen) and now with my recover iso cant aply well the reaction with the "reaction rewrite" asm excel, i will open other help treat to ask again properly.