• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Jot5 Wikia is up

Started by brittmarv, April 27, 2013, 02:05:01 pm

brittmarv

Quote from: Kagebunji on April 28, 2013, 12:51:23 pm
Hmm, how about adding some sprites in the job descriptions? Most jobs have new sprites, or are reworked, so it would be good for people to see it.

This is a great suggestion

I will be mostly dealing with fleshing out raw data, myself. But I would love if someone would step in and start sprucing things up with images.

Next I will be working on Move-Find Item.

brittmarv

Quote from: MiKeMiTchi on April 28, 2013, 01:06:24 pm
The ff wikia is a great reference for this: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Tactics

We should copy how they put things there. :))

Yea, I totally peeked at their source code to familiarize myself with how to set things up, like the tables/charts.

Quote from: Elric on April 28, 2013, 02:06:08 pm
Some of that one looks good Mitchi, but I don't really like how the FFT Wiki have their jobs, or rather much of the home page at all XD

We atleast give people the option to click on Jobs before we should them what they are lol

Good point there. And you have to click yet again to get to Side Character Jobs for that same reason - it is gonna be full of spoilers!

RavenOfRazgriz

April 28, 2013, 04:11:21 pm #22 Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:31:59 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
The charts for the abilities on the FF wikia are also terrible because they only have one Vertical column and not two (There should really be a Range-Vertical and an Effect-Vertical column), which always made that site mostly unusable to me when wanting to quickly look up how a skill works before I just started leaving an FFTPatcher on my hotbar. 

I'll poke through the Jot5 wikia today and fix the tables to properly include this since it's pretty easy to do.

EDIT: k it's done.

brittmarv

Just want to say that I have been without internet for a day and a half. Everytime it rains a bit, we lose internet because some wire somewhere underground is damaged and once the water soaks into the ground it loses continuity. AT&T likes to give the runaround so there is no telling if/when it will get located and fixed. And.. more rain is comin tonight so I will try to update the Wiki as much as I can while I can.

brittmarv

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 30, 2013, 01:55:57 pm
>AT&T.

Well there's your problem.

You are absolutely correct Sir.

Too bad their only alternative here is...... Hughesnet. Which is actually worse, if you can believe that.

Arek

Quote from: brittmarv on April 30, 2013, 02:24:42 pm
You are absolutely correct Sir.

Too bad their only alternative here is...... Hughesnet. Which is actually worse, if you can believe that.

I do believe that.  I'd get on the phone with AT&T during the next storm and have them troubleshoot it while it's down.  If you're willing to use a couple of hours of time on a cellphone with them you might actually get them to open a trouble ticket and send someone out.

I use AT&T too, and I know how they can be....but there are no real alternatives other than Satellite and Cellular here either.  And they're actually pretty good if you don't have technical issues with 'em.

--Arek

brittmarv

Quote from: Arek on April 30, 2013, 05:30:39 pm
I do believe that.  I'd get on the phone with AT&T during the next storm and have them troubleshoot it while it's down.  If you're willing to use a couple of hours of time on a cellphone with them you might actually get them to open a trouble ticket and send someone out.

I use AT&T too, and I know how they can be....but there are no real alternatives other than Satellite and Cellular here either.  And they're actually pretty good if you don't have technical issues with 'em.

--Arek

The real trouble is the fact that we have MagicJack for our phone. So if the internet is down, then so is our phone. And our cell phone only has a small amount of minutes, which will all be used up anytime we call AT&T with it because they don't properly keep track of our previous conversations so every time we call it is like starting over. That, and the fact that they just do not seem to care enough to want to fix our problem. They just keep giving us the runaround and trying to sell us new modems, anything they can do to waste our time. It is very frustrating. The internet is pretty much always on snail mode as well. But alas.

MountainDew~

Where should I put learn-on-hit skills that I find? I found one for Ramza, but I don't know if I should put it on his job page or as a skill.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

3lric

I would add it to his skill list
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

Wiki is updated.

The front page now has a compatibility chart to aid people in finding a working set up to play JoT5.

I may expand this into a generalized Help page if anyone has some good suggestions for a layout or ideas to put in it.

alkarl

Added Summoner and Animist pages. Had me worried for a bit what with the beefing up of the job level requirements.

3lric

Thank you for adding it :P
  • Modding version: PSX

brittmarv

Quote from: Elric on May 29, 2013, 02:20:53 am

Yes Al, thank you very much. My save is stuck at the end credits for chapter 1 so I haven't been able to continue adding things such as jobs. It's very nice to see someone jumping in and picking up the slack :)

alkarl

Quote from: Elric on May 29, 2013, 02:20:53 am

Quote from: brittmarv on May 29, 2013, 10:38:01 am
Yes Al, thank you very much. My save is stuck at the end credits for chapter 1 so I haven't been able to continue adding things such as jobs. It's very nice to see someone jumping in and picking up the slack :)

I accidentally beat it as well so I started up an old save and am slowly working my way through all the classes. Battles get a little rough when you're level 60 and still learning new jobs! Thank you both, and I love to help.

Added Geomancer and Dragoon. Geomancer sure was a novel, haha.