• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:49:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Me Making an RPG Maker Game!

Started by TristanBeoulve, September 02, 2014, 05:59:51 pm

Would you be interested in playing this?

Maybe.
2 (28.6%)
No.
0 (0%)
That would suck.
2 (28.6%)
I'm hungry, give me a potato.
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

TristanBeoulve

September 02, 2014, 05:59:51 pm Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:36:45 am by TristanBeoulve
I see you guys didn't like it.   :(
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Kaijyuu

Maybe.

You've perhaps heard before that "ideas are cheap." Ideas are really easy to come up with. What actually determines whether something is good or not is almost always the execution, not the idea.

So yeah your idea could end up great. It could end up bad. We'll need to see it to know for sure.

Also, remember to make things because you want to see them yourself, not to show off to other people. You don't need our approval to make your game. It's really easy to lose motivation if you're trying to impress others since interest will never be constantly there throughout the entire development process. You might have some people following you at the beginning, and you might near the end, but the middle (the hardest part) will need to be done purely with your own personal motivation.

Hop to it and you might impress us in the end. It never hurts to try (well maybe a little bit but it's worth it even if you end up with a crap product).
  • Modding version: PSX

TristanBeoulve

I do like the reactions, but I get a large feeling of feeling of self accomplishment.   :)
EDIT: I also have a demo finished, which I'm probably posting on the RPGM forum today.

Kaijyuu

Neato. Show us some screenshots and maybe a download link or something.

I know I'll be far too lazy to actually play it but I guarantee looking at the screenies.

TristanBeoulve

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7n807na8uy1pnag/The+Adventurer%27s+Tale.exe

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

Jumza

What a wonderfully cropped picture there Celdy :P
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Celdia

Thank you, Jumza. I learned from the best.

Angel

I don't mean to be rude, but I'm sick, I'm tired, I just had to work because I'm the only one who can come in, and I come home to find this. I want to ban you. I won't, because I know I'm not at my full mental capacity, but holy fuck, dude. I can't even pay attention to the topic at hand, because my screen is just a big mass of what-the-fuck.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

Quote from: Toshiko on September 02, 2014, 11:15:12 pm
I don't mean to be rude, but I'm sick, I'm tired, I just had to work because I'm the only one who can come in, and I come home to find this. I want to ban you. I won't, because I know I'm not at my full mental capacity, but holy fuck, dude. I can't even pay attention to the topic at hand, because my screen is just a big mass of what-the-fuck.

Well, this IS Spam. I assume it's intended to be a bad joke like the majority of this subforum. If he's serious though...yeesh.

3lric

September 03, 2014, 01:46:56 am #10 Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 03:31:58 am by Elric
Quote from: Celdia on September 03, 2014, 01:19:30 am
Well, this IS Spam.

This ^^

Seriously not sure where all the butthurt is comin from in this thread considering where its posted.

I had an issue too, but it was only because I think the 3 choices for the poll kinda suck as no is to vague and the other no answer is too insulting. While the yes answer is far too positive for the small amount of info we were given.

kyozo22

Quote from: Elric on September 03, 2014, 01:46:56 am

I had an issue too, but it was only because I think the 3 choices for the poll kinda suck as no is to vague and the other no answer is too insulting. While the yes answer is far too positive for the small amount of info we were given.

I usually assume that if you're gonna make a poll like that, then you should be prepared for people to vote for the sillier option, whether the voters are being serious or not. Gotta have a laugh, right? :D

Although yeah, I'd have expected to see a legit feedback thread on the Non-FFT forum (or is that purely for mods/ hacks as opposed to "games"? My memory fails me just now.)
  • Modding version: WotL

Dome

This is SPAM!
Where's the random hate, given with no explaination at all?
Too much talk, so little drama

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Celdia

Trying to keep it on topic of this is Spam, I think I found a use for that creepy goddamned portrait.

3lric

Welp, Celdia just killed any sleep I might get for the next month. I needed more time for modding anyhow, well played.

TristanBeoulve

Well, I should've known not to post this here.

Angel

I hope you realize it wasn't the game that was a complaint... I mean, by all means, show more. That was just a horrific way to post screenshots, is all.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Vaan

I found it interesting might give it a try.

Quote from: Celdia on September 03, 2014, 06:20:12 am
Trying to keep it on topic of this is Spam, I think I found a use for that creepy goddamned portrait.

Also Celdia, is his fetish uncropped screenshots or his mom drinking? Either way its creepy and i might not sleep.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Xifanie

I dunno, I did have a huge issue with the second character being he-who-must-not-be-named.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Celdia

Quote from: Vaan on September 03, 2014, 11:46:01 am
Also Celdia, is his fetish uncropped screenshots or his mom drinking?

Yes.