• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Journey of the Five - Chapter 1 DOWNLOAD HERE! (Current Version v1.97e)

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:13:33 pm

Twinees

I can confirm that we already have decided the playable character roster, and both Laharl and Etna are not included in that list.
  • Modding version: PSX

Swordmaster

I am considering the idea of placing myself into suspended animation until the future event of Journey of the Five's complete release.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Sabrael

I just found the Youtube LP for this and I am incredibly excited to play now that I know it exists. Perhaps I can contribute after some research. I can't even express my joy in finding this community.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Hyraldelita

Twinees, i knew it would be impossible since laharl and Etna are Gag character^^ i just wrote them cause i like them a lot ahha

DelitaKing

Hi everyone, i love The Journey of 5, i just want to know if u are still working on it :D

Nyzer

If you scroll up on this page:

QuoteWe are still working on some things, but we hope to have both, the Re-release of Ch1, as well as Ch2, out at the same time, once that time comes :)

That still applies, though real life has hit a few people hard here.

Swordmaster

3lric

Yes, we are still working on it, and there has actually been quite a bit of progress on our largest hurdle currently.

Argy

Great to hear Elric. Love the dedication to the project!  😀
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

Andre Pratama

I want to ask if the on re-release ch 1 again will be added an amazing picture like after the delita and teta event ?

3lric

Correct, although I'm fairly certain the current chapter 1 already does that.

Andre Pratama

DanteS

As always, gotta say wonderful mod so far. Replayed last week and this time I said no to the storyline and focused on leveling up to know every little detail from the jobs available and, it's even better when I replayed =D. But all this joy let me to think about one thing... How things are going to the re-release of Ch. 1 and the release of the Ch. 2? Do you need any kind if help?

Zanbamon

Just decided to play this last week for the first time and I really love it.
The fights are very well designed and challenging, you can't just make a team of 5 heavy hitters, brainlessly charge into battle and expect to win, you gotta make a team where everyone has a role and think your every move, like a real Tactics game, something I feel vanilla didn't accomplish well enough IMO.
The skills seems fairly balanced, doesn't feel like anything is underpowered or overpowered.

My only complaints with this game is the absurd amount of grinding needed to unlock cool stuff, 10 JP per act is not enough, 15 JP would be more fair, 20 with Gained JP UP... wait... where is Gained JP UP?!?
Another complaint is the lack of equipment variety, I get it that this is just chapter 1 but some spears, polearms and status protecting rings would be nice, like charm immunity(freaking frogs fight man). Anyway I'm sure the equip variety problem will be fixed with the equip craft thing coming up so there's no point in complaining about that.

I'm pumped for chapter 2 :mrgreen:
  • Discord username: Zanbamon

Nyzer

QuoteAs always, gotta say wonderful mod so far. Replayed last week and this time I said no to the storyline and focused on leveling up to know every little detail from the jobs available and, it's even better when I replayed =D. But all this joy let me to think about one thing... How things are going to the re-release of Ch. 1 and the release of the Ch. 2? Do you need any kind if help?

At this point, I don't think there's much you can help with without being a very experienced FFT modder. The simple stuff is more or less all done, many of the events for Ch. 2 are done and I just did one of the Chapter 3 Mark events last week. It's the really complicated stuff like the synth system that needs to be done now. Though I'm sure Elric will quickly step in and correct me if I'm wrong here!

QuoteMy only complaints with this game is the absurd amount of grinding needed to unlock cool stuff, 10 JP per act is not enough, 15 JP would be more fair, 20 with Gained JP UP... wait... where is Gained JP UP?!?
Another complaint is the lack of equipment variety, I get it that this is just chapter 1 but some spears, polearms and status protecting rings would be nice, like charm immunity(freaking frogs fight man). Anyway I'm sure the equip variety problem will be fixed with the equip craft thing coming up so there's no point in complaining about that.

The problem with JP Boost was that it became the default, go-to Support until some time after your units reached their Job of choice and got their Support of choice. Plus, JotF is supposed to be a longer game than FFT; in FFT you needed JP Boost just to reach the end of a Job tree before the game ended (aside from excessive grinding), and that certainly won't be a problem here. That said, Xifanie has tweaked the JP gain formula for the re-release, so when that's out things should go more smoothly for you.

As for the lack of spears and status equipment, well, like you said, it is Chapter 1. You probably won't be seeing Dragoons unless you've been grinding excessively. The frog battle is an optional event for a reason, too! :P

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on August 29, 2017, 09:45:55 pm
At this point, I don't think there's much you can help with without being a very experienced FFT modder. The simple stuff is more or less all done, many of the events for Ch. 2 are done and I just did one of the Chapter 3 Mark events last week. It's the really complicated stuff like the synth system that needs to be done now. Though I'm sure Elric will quickly step in and correct me if I'm wrong here!

The problem with JP Boost was that it became the default, go-to Support until some time after your units reached their Job of choice and got their Support of choice. Plus, JotF is supposed to be a longer game than FFT; in FFT you needed JP Boost just to reach the end of a Job tree before the game ended (aside from excessive grinding), and that certainly won't be a problem here. That said, Xifanie has tweaked the JP gain formula for the re-release, so when that's out things should go more smoothly for you.

As for the lack of spears and status equipment, well, like you said, it is Chapter 1. You probably won't be seeing Dragoons unless you've been grinding excessively. The frog battle is an optional event for a reason, too! :P

Pretty sure it was Pride who did the new JP/EXP formulas, atleast initially. I know Xif did one for Gil though

Nyzer

3lric

Quote from: nyzer on August 30, 2017, 08:58:36 am
Huh. Always thought that was Xifanie's work. Whoops!

If you were on IRC, you could probably confirm one way or another

Nyzer

Hyraldelita