• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:07:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

Heian

Cheetah, great job on the preview!

Indeed, this story is the most confusing and the least clear; it has lots of dead ends and endings that don't reveal what you should have done, unlike some of the other stories, where even if you get a bad ending, the correct path is revealed for your next attempt.

Adding to the confusion is the fact that Oeilvert speaks in a very feminine manner, unlike the male characters in the story, making it clear when she's the one speaking.  In the dialogue between her and Sentir, in English, it's not clear who's who until it's halfway done.

I like having this story be the first one because it'll probably take the longest for the players to solve.  The others are a bit easier and would leave them clamoring for more somewhat earlier than they will be with this tougher novel!

Vanya

December 31, 2009, 11:24:49 am #581 Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:38:38 pm by Vanya
Sweet! I can't wait to try the stories out for myself. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

This is just brilliant!! Can't wait to try this.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

TRC

No posts in 2 and a half weeks? @_@

Pope

Dibbs

Quote from: "mav"Neat stuff. Great job, everyone. While I don't quite get the story yet, overall I think it was well quite done. My only complaint are the names...like Oeilvert. I'm not quite sure how that's pronounced or what region such a name comes from, but I guess that's just me nitpicking...Keep up the great work.

Oeilvert is actually a combination of two words from the French language. "Oeil" means "eye", and "vert" means "green". So the name means either "Green Eye" or "Green Eyes". From what I can gather, it is pronounced  "OY-yuh-vehr". Sorry, don't really speak French.

Heian

Dibbs, that is indeed what it means.  Given the obvious talent of the WotL translators, I'm surprised they missed that one so badly.  (Particularly when you remember that there was a place with this name in FF9.)

I wish I could announced that my next translation is finished, but Tango's gambling saga is not yet complete.  Maybe another week or two?  I've got a lot to do this week and won't be able to put any time into it, but starting Monday, I'll be a little freer.  Sorry this is taking so long!

jimmyjw88

Don't worry about it too much. Slow stuffs will turn out great ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

TRC

mav

Quote from: "Dibbs"Oeilvert is actually a combination of two words from the French language. "Oeil" means "eye", and "vert" means "green". So the name means either "Green Eye" or "Green Eyes". From what I can gather, it is pronounced "OY-yuh-vehr". Sorry, don't really speak French.
Ah, I don't know why I didn't catch this...I actually speak a little bit of French. ...Oi. Well thanks for pointing that out.

Keep up the good work, everyone. And take your time, Heian, success need not be rushed.

j.m.ratkos

I had no idea that this forum existed until today, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the dedication and fortitude that the people involved in this project have. excellent work so far!!

Heian

A few more pages of Tango in the books!  He's at the last race now.

Being off from work this week means that I should be able to get a little more done.

What's making this one frustrating for me is that I split my original translation into a large number of HTML pages (unlike Oeilvert which was one big one), and my ordering has nothing to do with how it's arranged in the original code!  I fund myself searching all over the place for certain dialogue points, and having to resist the urge to just re-translate them.

Ivoire

Cheetah

Slow but surely progress is being made. We really need to do another release soon though.
Current Projects:

Ivoire

Ah, good to hear it's being continued at least. Any progress is good progress, and I'm sure I am one of many who eagerly await another release.

Timbo

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Cheetah

What exactly are you looking for Jack? We are just making steady progress on the books and then trying to implement more bug fixes as we figure them out. If there was something specific you wanted it might spark a bit more motivation for a specific release.
Current Projects:

sutebenukun

I was reading earlier where someone was talking about adding two possible human units to the mix...I believe it was either on this page or the page before (29-30) if that was the case would it be possible to add two new jobs to the job wheel? (such as actually having a dark knight and onion knight (if not this one another job) actually appear in the PSX version of the game?) I'm just speculating but I thought that would be a rather cool idea to do. I honestly always wanted to have a dark knight or another special like job on my team. ( I never used Orlando because I didn't like how he had every single special knight ability. The only time I used him was if I didn't use Meliadoul in which case he only learned her mighty sword skills and the dark knight's skills.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Heian

The main story is done, and I'm down to the final parts of Tango!  These are the "searching through the crowd to gather information" parts, and are of course much more time-consuming than straight story would be, since they're (as I mentioned earlier) in a different order compared to my translation. (For the most part, all the dialogue is given first, and then all the "You're in front of the Blah.  To the north is blah, and to the south is blah," is all together after that, whereas I put the descriptions and the dialogues together.

Lots of clean-up to do, but we should be joining Tango in the biggest gambling day of his life soon!