• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:04:05 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Changing damage formulas and adding status effects

Started by Krakistophales, November 20, 2015, 06:04:46 pm

Krakistophales

I'm trying to change the knight's skillset damage formula to the swordskill damage formulas, but keeping it as a normal strike with the normal to hit percentage, but instead of, say, doing 3 MA damage it's a physical attack with physical damage but has a chance to add the silence effect. It seems to look good on paper in the patcher, but then when I tested it, the same skill gives the reraise effect on a hit. I double checked my status numbers and made sure it was the correct one, so what am I doing wrong?

Also, if you want to change a standard black magic spell to a swordskill for instance, by adding the weapon strike animation and no charge time, say thundaja, will that screw with the base spell for everyone else? Meaning, will black mages be unable to use thundaja, either mine or the enemy's, because it now requires a sword and attack animation and all that? Is there a way around this?

Xifanie

1) No idea, never heard of a wrong status infliction that isn't an improperly set status.
2) No, you need a new skill for Mystic Sword skills.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Krakistophales

How do you go about getting a new skill for that?

When I say I set it, I looked up for instance that silence is 1D or whatever the actual designation is in the status list, and so I put in the status effect thing "1D" but it puts a different status on there. What's up?

Xifanie

You know where you typed 1D?

The label says "Inflict Status:".

It's blue.

Click it.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

theultrawolf

Use one of the blank abilities above Frog Attack.
If you're playing WoTL, you'll have to replace another ability.

Don't forget to change the attack animations. 01-00-00 is for magic charge + weapon strike, 07-00-00 is for weapon strike w/o magic charge.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Krakistophales

November 21, 2015, 03:22:01 pm #5 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:52:47 pm by Krakistophales
Ok, cool, got the statuses to work. Now how do I go about doing the custom swordskills thing? You say use the blank abilities above frog attack but where is that located and how do I start using a blank ability and make it into a job's skillset?

Also, how can you mess around with custom animations like the knightmare patch seems to be doing?

Jumza

It's located in the Abilities list in the Abilities tab, of course :P Once you've finished editing the skill, go into the Skillsets tab and just put it in the one you want.

The FFTPatcher is really easy to use and incredibly user friendly, you just need to explore the different tabs to see what it can / can't do! Experiment with it, you'll find things are easier to achieve than you think.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Krakistophales

There don't seem to be any free slots for you to make brand new abilities, it seems you have to mess with the ones already listed. Is there anywhere where you can make new abilities without affecting old ones, or is there a large list of unused abilities that can be modified?

Also, I'm trying to make the iaido skills into weapon strikes, but so far all it does is the iaido animation instead of the weapon strike animation. How to fix that?

Jumza

Quote from: Krakistophales on November 25, 2015, 07:13:15 pm
Also, I'm trying to make the iaido skills into weapon strikes, but so far all it does is the iaido animation instead of the weapon strike animation. How to fix that?

Click the animations tab. Edit at will!

And for the first thing, I think it's the few blank abilities before Frog Attack on the list.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

theultrawolf

If you're trying to change the animations from the Draw Out above hands animation to the striking sword animation, the animation code is 07 00 00. If you're doing a strike that's magic charging then a strike it's 01 00 00.
And since you're modding WoTL, there won't be blank abilities most likely because the slots above frog attack are taken by the "Sky Pirate" job's abilities (The useless Steal copies, Barrage) and the "Dark Knight" 's abilities (Crushing Blow, Abyssal Blade, Unholy Sacrifice).
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Krakistophales

Ok, how do I change cloud's limit break animations to just be swordstrikes instead of the "charge" and then sword strike that he does? Is that possible?

Jumza