• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:13:38 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

theultrawolf's sprites #2

Started by theultrawolf, March 24, 2015, 02:36:28 am

Metal

theultrawolf

November 15, 2015, 09:29:35 pm #21 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:53:52 pm by theultrawolf
She's about 20-30% done at this point.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

theultrawolf

November 17, 2015, 06:02:00 am #22 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:03:02 am by theultrawolf
Here's a Japanese Li-Grim sprite that I edited and made a portrait for. Give me your opinions!

(EDIT: If you like the portrait, I made an "HD" avatar of it, PM if you're interested!)  :mrgreen:
(2nd EDIT: It's a RUKA sprite, so make sure to set that as the SHP in ShiShi  :roll: )
(3rd EDIT: Well, I did the hair while looking at the FFTA sprite, and I think I should probably redo the right side of her hair a little bit and fix up a couple things on the left but other than that please feel free to tell me what you think!)

Angel

Portrait is cute, if a little obvious that you swiped it from ARUTE. Not that I'm one to talk, as my original Etna used it as reference to an obvious degree. I would suggest feathering the hair out more to be less flat, though. I love watching your work, for what it's worth.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

theultrawolf

November 18, 2015, 01:27:49 am #24 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:55:07 am by theultrawolf
Yeah I thought it might be :/ It's a good portrait to work with if you want a kind of angry, focused look. Plus, the Li-Grim and Altima's faces are quite alike. And yep, that's what I've been doing. I think that this one looks a tad bit better plus it's a little less recognizable. Thank you very much!  :oops: I'm continuing my spriting and the more I do it the better I get. I'm used to painting and working with larger graphical environments so getting the illusion down right with these little sprites is a hard-learned practice. But I figure it's only a matter of time until I start hitting a stride!  :mrgreen:

(Edit: I just don't think the FFTA hair is going to work with the FFT style of portrait. I attached my reference)

theultrawolf

November 25, 2015, 05:52:03 am #25 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 06:27:22 am by theultrawolf
Here's a concept of what I'm working on right now.
Thoughts?

Angel

That is certainly a thing if I ever saw one!

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

theultrawolf

Is it a good or a bad thing though? ._.

Angel

theultrawolf

The intended look was Elena from Hoshigami, even though I hate that game immensely

Angel

I still wonder why I haven't physically destroyed that game, or at least sold it off to some poor bastard. But seriously, keep working on it. I have faith in you!

theultrawolf

I think that this is a jaded, misguided attempt to like this game. I feel completely sorry for having purchased it...
And I will, but I don't know what sprites I'm gonna use for the portrait...
But thank you! ^.^

theultrawolf

Okay so to be honest that little thingy was originally just a thingy I was doing to make a girl Algus (for my patch) but I eventually turned it into that other chick. And while I decided to continue working on girl Algus (Alga maybe?) I also decided to start seriously working on Elena and I got really frustrated (not the spriting but because of the stupid game) and it might be awhile before I work on this more but here she is:

Angel

Female Algus would really be Balmafula with a bitchier face. Maybe an anime OH HO HO HO portrait. Yeah...

theultrawolf

Why Balmafula? ._. I was getting more of a Miluda-ish vibe myself personally.

Angel

Miluda only has a custom portrait, not a sprite. Algus is too much of an aristocrat to look like such a commoner, clearly should stand out like the ostentatious Balmafula.

theultrawolf

That's true. But they have a similar expression is what I mean. And I suppose, but do we know Balmafula was a noble? I know she worked for the Church as Delita's assassin but we really don't know much else about her.

Angel

Oh no, she certainly wasn't noble. She's practically a mercenary who just happens to be devoted to her employer, the church. But, she does stand out.

theultrawolf

I'll look at her sprite then, at least the head frames and then I can give him a bust and a more feminine figure and boom, female Algus o.o
Also I don't know if Balmy was too loyal to the Church since she betrayed their orders and followed Delita instead.

theultrawolf

December 01, 2015, 05:33:53 am #39 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:09:36 am by theultrawolf
Here's the portrait.
I'm not quite sure if it looks good or not.