• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:58 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hello

Started by Xander, August 26, 2014, 12:40:10 am

Xander

Hi.  I'm just a guy.   I've played FFT since I was about six.  Loved the game.  I'm now twenty-three, and still play it from start to finish every six months to a year I'd say.   I've no idea why I enjoy it so much.  I've never been one to enjoy repeats of anything, but this game just draws me to it.  I'd like to mingle with the community.  I'm a digital artist, and writer.  I'd love to script write for projects, and I want to try messing around making custom sprites.  It something I did a long time ago for a game, and I fell out of it.  Anyone that can link me to relevant sprite editors I'd be happy to check them out.

As for writing, I just do it in my spare time.  I've been working on a novel for a little while that is fiction based, but uses heavy elements of my own life.   It's pretty fun creating something.  Anyone that has difficulty writing script for your project don't hesitate to pm me.  I'm ready with coffee handy.  (^_^)>c[_] 

Btw, my sig is something I made.  I just didn't feel like making another one with my name.  Distortion was my screen name on another forum a long time ago.

Rufio

Hi, and welcome to the community.  I would love some help in the graphic design and spriting departments of my project.  Take a look around at the tools, tutorials, and wiki to learn the ropes for FFT specifics.  I, unfortunately, cannot help you in those aspects of the game.  Hope you enjoy your time here.

TableTop Adventures Demo is out.
Try it out and let me know how to make it better.

Angel

:welcome:

Shishi is the cornerstone of spriting for FFT. Most of us do our actual work in Photoshop and/or GraphicsGale, with the latter being almost essential to be assured palettes are structured correctly. There are lots of tutorials abound, as Rufio mentioned, but help is just a question away. Welcome!
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xander

Quote from: Toshiko on August 26, 2014, 01:13:43 am

Shishi is the cornerstone of spriting for FFT. Most of us do our actual work in Photoshop and/or GraphicsGale, with the latter being almost essential to be assured palettes are structured correctly.

Are you talking about GraphicsGale?  Never used that, but I've been using Adobe products for years.  I remember Shishi from way back when.  I used it for custom images in Runescape Private Servers, and Furcadia once upon a time.  Though I remember nothing.  Was around seven years ago now. 

I'm confident I can make graphics for promotional threads, covers, etc.  Working full image, I'm not too shabby.  I don't really any work available at the moment.  Portfolio was ruined a while back, and never got around to fixing one on Imgur... One day...*strokes chin*

I do have Fruity Loops for composing music, but I normally produce from samples that I find via open source websites.  I'm nothing of a musician myself, though I'm working on vocals.

Let's join for whisky, and cigars, kinsmen.

Vaan

Welcome bro! I hope we can be good friends since im new aswell
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

3lric

Quote from: Xander on August 27, 2014, 06:49:41 pm
I remember Shishi from way back when.  I used it for custom images in Runescape Private Servers, and Furcadia once upon a time.  Though I remember nothing.  Was around seven years ago now.

Whatever that was, it wasn't shishi. Shishi is for importing/exporting sprites into an FFT image. It doesn't work with other games, lol
  • Modding version: PSX

Xander

I thought that was the name of it, but I remember Shishi, like the interface itself for one reason or another.  I might not of ever actually used it, but I know I've opened it before.  I could have went to use it thinking it was something else.