• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Damn.... Epic as HELL match, and that's the most damage I've EVER seen in FFTArena in any of my matches. GG Pierce!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

TrueLight

Poor Time Mage, never got the chance to show her offensive Draw Out skills =/
  • Modding version: PSX

Eternal

Screw Innocent. That is all. Good match though. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Fanatic

Uh... Each unit is supposed to be rocking a different gun, just so there is no way to slap on fire resist and beat them.
Otherwise, you need stuff that half's the primary three elements or projectile guard. It is hard to create a team that is immune to all three elements.

... yeah. I'm of the opinion that using guns for weapon elemental attacks can get pretty ridiculous, but what do I know. Hell, I'm not even sure if Projectile Guard even helps avoid Gun based Ninjitsu or Chivalry.

Side Note: This team was created out of frustration. I've been trying to refine Distraction, but Soleil's Aznpower and Barren's Big Assault keep tearing through me. So I made this team.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Barren

I just saw it myself, thanks for correcting me Fanatic.
You dare cross blades with me?

Wiz

Dynablade

wow, that was embarassing..
um, geomancy i thought i'd be lucky, but no. ninja item bot worked, but think i need to make the healer a bit faster so she can haste first. archer sorta worked, but wait, oohhh stone gun is WP*WP. and hold up, damage split sucks now, might as well have used auto potion. dont think i got a split over 80.. hell the priest just fell in a single blow, no need for Dragon spirit..

so many things wrong with this team, but this really opened my eyes to how things worked..and how much damage is easily tossed around.. :(
and without attack UP my paladin did shit damage.
maybe it's im trying to do too much, the team must flow in a straight line? right now i got the ninja going first even though no one's hurt, the paladin can't really help the party or hurt the enemy, archer's got a shot and by the time the priest's turn comes around she's already died once.
its a lot to take in.

Fanatic

Awesome as always, Barren! Thank you very much!

I seriously considered entering this team in the tournament just to show how easy it is to abuse guns. The possibility of hitting maps like Goland Coal City made me back down and enter another team. Reks, the mobility of your team is awesome, and after seeing your team in action Round 3, I made a few changes to my tournament entry. Round 2 highlights where your team's greatest strength lies. If the 3rd map had a choke point or two, you would have won easily.
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Dynablade

Okay, that AGAIN was free.
Um, that Paladin needs either Draw Out or something, because his initial turns are filled with NOTHING.
This party is so goddamn all over the place its crazy. Need some method of getting Regen/Haste on everyone, like Draw Out. Honestly thought the M Att. UP, Faith Rod high speed Scholar would be able to do more than a single Lore cast per battle, she needs more MP, but that'd make her slower..

Back to the drawing board..

formerdeathcorps

Dynablade, if you want some tips on how to make a Heretic spammer, see my most recent team.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Wiz

Here's three more, and fdc's included in all of them...

FFT Arena AI Tournament S1 Practice Match #4 fdc (TestA) vs Leif1991 (Shades of Green)

FFT Arena AI Tournament S1 Practice Match #5 Dynablade vs fdc (TestD)

FFT Arena AI Tournament S1 Practice Match #6 Vigilanti (Get On Status!) vs fdc (Influence)

Two things...

1. FDC in the past 4 days iirc updated 15 teams and that for me right now with everything else is a little too much of a chore for me hence why there's only these three matches.

2. If the match seems slow when viewing in full screen, your CPU's shitty and can't process the data it's being fed quick enough, so to rectify this, just view it in the expanded screen and there should be no problems with "lag" at all.

Vigilanti

man my team needs some tweaking again, thankfully there is still time

Celdia

Perhaps this is a little indelicate of me, but I couldn't resist.
[00:24] <formerdeathcorps> Celdia...Joker and Thieves doesn't work
[00:25] <formerdeathcorps> I tried running a setup like that
[00:25] <formerdeathcorps> but I needed to run much higher HP
[00:25] <Celdia> It doesn't stand up to the heavy AoE teams too well, no.
[00:25] <formerdeathcorps> it doesn't stand up against much of anything, actually
[00:26] <formerdeathcorps> you need AoE and HP on that team
I've long since submitted my final revision of J&T for the Season 1 tournament though, so here's hoping the changes I made to them play out a bit better than here.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

TrueLight

That 606 damage Kagesougi was Epic! GG Leif.

dacheat

Wow, that was a lucky break for Celdia in game 3. Fun match to watch though.