• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:11:21 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Request] Title screen background

Started by Kivutar, May 25, 2011, 05:18:25 pm

Kivutar

May 25, 2011, 05:18:25 pm Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:33:23 pm by Kivutar
I'm looking for the background of the title screen (without the text).

Tethical, an online FFT clone

Pickle Girl Fanboy

May 26, 2011, 04:08:17 pm #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:12:34 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Are you sure you should be using copyrighted data for this project, considering Square Enix will release the IPhone/IPad version of FFT sometime this year or next year?  I don't see anything wrong with exracting/reverse-engineering the font or images or whatever and then using it as a model for something of our own - we certainly have the artists to do it - but I'm wary of using Square's material.

Distributing patches which require a disc image are one thing, and distributing an engine with copyrighted material is something else entirely.  Maybe Tethical needs a image/font section for our people to design original material for it.

Kivutar

I totaly agree. This copyrighted content is not going to be distributed in the release.

But...

I use them during the development phase only, for these reasons:
- It helps me to write the code.
- It attracts attention, and maybe contributors.

Also, using custom content from start may have a negative side effet: we could drift to something too innovative. There is no end to new ideas. And this project must end and we'll know how far we are using FFT as comparison.

However, we will need this custom content soon or later. As we can not distribute an engine without sample content. And as you said, we have all the talented people here to design it. So I promise you that this section will be created, in a matter of months.

Kagebunji

Perhaps say what do you want for background? Cause those who would want to take it up have no idea where to start. Say some more about what you need. Personally I cannot help you, since it is not my field.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

lirmont

May 27, 2011, 01:37:31 pm #4 Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 07:28:36 pm by lirmont
An alternate for after you get the regular one: Tethical (.PSD).

Kivutar

Quote from: Kagebunji on May 27, 2011, 10:53:58 am
Perhaps say what do you want for background? Cause those who would want to take it up have no idea where to start. Say some more about what you need. Personally I cannot help you, since it is not my field.

To be honest, choosing content is not my field too. :| I is the job of a game creator.
I am so perfectionist when it comes to graphic design that people around start to hate me :mrgreen:
It is better for everybody if I just write some code.

@lirmont: I like it. We need to resize it to the psx resolution to not contrast too much with the other textures retro style. Can you provide the source of your work? Thanks.