• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:13:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

FFMaster

November 18, 2011, 04:46:06 pm #1040 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:55:09 pm by FFMaster
Yeah, that will be a problem with the excel sheet. Great...

EDIT: Can you send me a screenshot of the box in Excel and an ingame screenshot of Oracle skills?

EDIt2: Everything seems to be fine on my end.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

CT5Holy

Bottleneck R1 didn't help either. Argh, the team's too fragile... it really needs the CT 00s to land, but mages don't really care, and if they end up using their 'free' turns just healing up... =/

R1 wtf AI
seriously.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

If there's a Spreadsheet Error, that might explain why my Oracles never cast Sleep on Santa Christ's Religious Orbital Bombardment Cannons.  Then again, the fact it's a walking death machine of AoE, Flare, Petrify would also explain that.

I also just noticed that I fought CT5Holy almost exclusively this go-around and must wonder if that was intentional or not.

doriantoki

November 18, 2011, 05:14:53 pm #1043 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:16:55 pm by doriantoki
Quote from: FFMaster on November 18, 2011, 04:46:06 pm
Yeah, that will be a problem with the excel sheet. Great...

EDIT: Can you send me a screenshot of the box in Excel and an ingame screenshot of Oracle skills?

EDIt2: Everything seems to be fine on my end.

Strange ... my Oracle never casts sleep.  And she casts Dispel, which is not in her spell repertoire.

EDIT:  Spreadsheet problem.  To select an Oracle spell, I have to select the spell two slots below the one I actually want.  =/  Also, inserting a Mime is giving me "length errors", whatever that means.

doriantoki

November 18, 2011, 09:11:16 pm #1044 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:11:58 pm by doriantoki
FFT Arena 1.36 doriantoki (Vampire Hunters Extraordinaire) vs. Celdia (Diamonds and Guns)

Test using dxtory.  I recorded commentary, but in epic fail manner, forgot to turn the mic on.

TrueLight

November 18, 2011, 09:14:06 pm #1045 Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:33:10 pm by TrueLight
I got extremely lucky with the triple sleep proc in round 1, but my luck ran out in the next 2 rounds. It was very interesting to see sinkhole completely make my Priest useless. GG DomieV.

I think this is the second time that squire has destroyed someone on my team (730 damage...) Having a weakness to darkness is brutal when your opponent has Koutetsu. GG Angelus.

The end of round 3 made me lol :). GG Barren.
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

Video looks nice, doriantoki. Those axes are beyond fucking ridiculous. Regularly seeing an output over over 400 and 500 damage on neutral compat just exceeds any and all sense of reason. Now I just need to figure out how to get those into my team build somehow... >_>   GG. ^_^
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

RavenOfRazgriz

Axes hurt, wee.  Mission Comprete!  Fun match, though the double small map choice made the winner obvious.  If you want at guide for helping you pick out maps in the future, there's this thread that's been compiled for that purpose, though with some recent changes like all the Depth 2 Water being removed a few entries like Finath River being a "Crap" Map are probably outdated.  It still makes a good guide to at least get a feel for picking out a good Small/Large/Medium spread.

The recording was definitely improved over your first take, though, at least from what I can tell.  Now, if you actually remembered to turn on your microphone... though, if you have some kind of external hard drive, you could run your video software from the external and write there instead of to your actual machine, which would also help boost your performance a little since the video and game aren't being run off the same hard disk.  My personal experiences haven't had it make a big difference, but my machines have all been utter trash, and every little bit of performance still helps.

doriantoki

That topic was useful.  I was picking out maps via memory, from the game.  But that can backfire, too, since in some maps, I have no idea where the units start (effectively making some "large" maps, small or moderate in comparison to their actual size).  I felt it was medium, medium, small, personally.  Finath River is an iffy one, because there are obstacles at the bluffs, as you saw, the Geonancers especially, had some difficulty navigating.  But, yes, I will utilize a better means for gauging maps, at least until I am intimately familiar with them all.

Barren

Good video doriantoki! I was curious how you sound as a commentator but I'm sure we'll wait until next vid :)
You dare cross blades with me?

Wiz

Just a tidbit of knowledge via trial and error I did from a while back.

Most Advanced to Least Advanced
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.X
Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.7X
Pete's D3D Driver 1.7X
Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.7X
P.E.Op.S Soft Driver 1.1X

^, the X is there because I'm not certain if the plugins I have are the most recent ones. If you're curious to see what my settings are, check here under the Alternate Settings if you so desire.

But yeah, just downgrade one level at a time until the slowdown's eliminated <_<

DomieV

Got to say my team worked very well against your Deep Dungeon team, 403 ninjitsu damage seems flawless to me :) GG Barren

Surprised that I lost Round 1 so quickly but Rounds 2 & 3 were good matches for my team. GG True Light

Vigilanti

WAR OF THE MAGI! (Or Great Magic War...which ever you prefer) GG Raven, that was a fun match

I agree with Celdia I want to see FFM's team versus Raven's Santa Christ's team...sounds like a blood bath quality of a match

Angelus

730 damage!!!! GG True Light, i'm sure we'll duke it out again soon, cheers!

doriantoki

November 19, 2011, 09:04:08 pm #1055 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:29:36 pm by doriantoki
FFT Arena 1.36 FFMaster (Thank you for the new Shoes) vs. RavenofRazgriz (Santa Orbital Cannons)

I apologize the commentary isn't very lively.  I had a couple videos recorded before this one (some other matches), but was having some audio problems, and when I got around to recording this one, I was feeling a little tired/weary.

But anyway, I only mean to post videos here and there, and help with the matches when time comes.

Barren

As I said On youtube I actually did that match but you beat me to the punch doriantoki >_<

no big deal, the match I'll upload would be considered a rematch anyways :P

Barren

I'm going to update your team Raven but just so you know I did the recording of your Santa Christs team before you updated it today hope you don't mind me uploading it still

RavenOfRazgriz

I don't mind, heh.  I expect it to go much the same way with the Wizards wasting turns on Cure 2, though.  Unless the stars align and I just blow his team up before it gets in range each match or something.