• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:55:11 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Shintroy

RNG Worship vs Defense/Status

My most convincing defeat in a while.
R1 - Undead at the start GG Auto Potion Chemist. My team was on the defensive for the entire round. Doku's team did a good job pushing my team back into a corner. The Chemist got stuck in his own little corner himself. This is what I get from removing Refute from the Mime. (Oh wait I didn't.) That just makes the match even more convincing.

R2 - Same thing, but more dominating. My entire team got surrounded and picked apart like a wild Deviljho.  Didn't even get to explore the rest of the map.

Ah, so this is what being affected by status effects is like. (joke)Nerfed Chakra Band but at what cost? (/joke)

GG Dokurider. I'll have to optimize the team even further.

Balanced vs Melee/Status
Betting on TrueLight due to the length of the video.

R1 - Jesus christ that THIEF!
R2 - *see R1*

GG. Glad berserked units can evade now. Gate's team didn't have an answer an answer for strong melee units. Chemist / Snipe would've probably been the better combo
Some day my people will be free.

gatebuster202

GG Truelight, and thanks Shintroy for the criticism.

So, this team was weak to start with, lacking magic. However, Truelight built a very powerful Berserker Thief that just owned the battlefield. Great job Truelight.

As of right now, I'm leaving Lionhearted up, but ask that anyone running matches avoid them.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Anima Zero

Thanks for the videos Andrew!

I was worried the +1 Jump being removed from the Obelisk was going to make my Monk's jumps a little too unreliable to depend on.  Luckily though, the status side of my team shined through and made this 2-0 win a relatively easy one to get.  Good match Malroth!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

jaaster

Quote from: Corosar on August 06, 2016, 02:02:56 am

Round 1... we learn a new thing about meatbone slash and bows... don't put a samurai with meatboneslash in critical while in range of their bow. They will mess you up! secondarily. What is with that paladin. He just would not die.

Round 2. I kinda figured i lost that round when i realized my team was not reviving immediately but instead was going straight for attacking the enemy. The crystalling of the ninja basically locked it in my mind it was a loss

Round 3. WHY IS MY TEAM NOT REVIVING! That black mage has friggen fairy! The fact they are not reviving each other is causing this team to fail heavily as i made sure to try and make this team revival overloaded. The Paladin has Lay on hands. which in the first round he spammed. The samurai has raise... which was again spammed in the first round. The black mage has fairy and the ninja has pheonix downs. And yet none of them are reviving as much as they need to. Is there something wrong here? they are just throwing attacks that are often not even wiping out the enemy at them!

Summary. other than the revival issues that i seem to be complaining about the match was very entertaining and great! its a bit fustrating to see that i am getting nowhere in this patch but from the improvements i have made. it seems to be slowly getting better great match jaaster you earned a win from me today!

Dont get me started on teams not reviving. D: my paladin said forget revives im going in for grand cross.

silentkaster

Please check download thread for latest patch. Thanks guys.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

I noticed that the talk skill user will go for refute on an ally that is under haste. Is this a error?
You dare cross blades with me?

dw6561

I'm sure the AI has some legitimate reason to use refute in that situation, like needing the unit to move after the next unit so they can hit the enemy when its their turn. Not sure if this is the case, but this has happened in 1.39c, so it's not anything new. We didn't change anything about refute.

Were there any other circumstances to this refute, like MP Regen?
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Barren

I never saw someone use refute when under MP Regen. Perhaps we'll see it during CT5 Holy's stream or other means of testing
You dare cross blades with me?

Kurosabes

Links to CT5's stream matches from the other night:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Just posting on his behalf, hope he doesn't mind
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Corosar

Immediately before i start my response to my match. Yea my team is a gimmicky team. Mostly hoping for magic song than bahamuts. Attempting to spit out four in one go as an attempt to create stupidly strong summons. very very stupidly gimmicky team i am kinda courious how high the AI will get the MA through Magic song if its given a buffing

I am incredibly happy with how this team came out. I never expected it to do so well. Jasster does have the better team by far which only makes me more happy my idea worked out as well as it did... except... bahamut is not doing quite enough for me to be happy about it. May have to figure something out. but i do know that my bard had at least 20 MA at one point in that match. I think it was the 40 faith that saved you jaaster good match! i am in a great mood from that. and i am definately gonna dupe the Bard. gotta have more dragons on the field. Sorry everyone that hates bahamut. Don't stop me now!~♫
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Anima Zero

Can't say I've ever seen a 999 personally until now.  Achievement unlocked for WKW's Geomancer!  Good match here too.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Corosar

Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Heroebal

Yikes definitely need to rework some things on that team. I think mainly I need to get the mages to survive better. Probably setiemson over reflect ring first comes to mind. I don't mind the 88% revival I think it's still pretty good.

Sorry Andante49 it looks like........You've been chopped. Didn't even need oil to get to 999, sleep did the trick...crazy stuff.

Otabo

Charm does stuff once again. 39% too, SMH. I honestly think Andante could've won that if 1) the Geomancer used Carbunkle much sooner. If only Andante had ran Douse on the oracle. What in the world did you guys do to Solution to get the AI to use it like that, though? I mean, I already knew it would use it to interrupt charging (sometimes) back in 1.39, but now AI's using it on both enemy AND ally? That is very interesting. Makes me want to try out Doubt Faith - whenever I get around to making my first team. GG.

Reks

Quote from: TrueLight on August 18, 2016, 10:50:03 am
FFT Arena 1.4A - Barren (The Unfaithful) vs. Reks (Unnamed Team)

Thank you for the video, TL!

That Thief is MVP... Until he gets dropped and can't revive.

When I couldn't separate you or put you down quickly enough you just slaughtered me. The main unit that needs a change is probably the Oracle...

Nevertheless, GG Barren!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Argy

Thank you CT5 For the stream, as always brilliant!!

I love the mix up of your characters, some very interesting set ups. Better team one in the end GG

Thank you Truelight for YouTube clip!
Round one, you most certainly were all over me! Sleep proc! I loved your Mime, he synergised really well with your team. Just an issue when he get isolated. Chiri was great! GG
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!